Diet help for pickey eater

bluers

Awards
Ok, I have been working out hard for close to two years now. I am pretty lean, but have put on some fat. I have cut in the past, and done pretty well.

Problem is, I am a very pickey eater. I don't like fruits or vegitables(except potato's). I love chicken, salmon, and almost any other meat.

My question is how do I go about designing a good diet with these limitations? I get plenty of protein and carbs. Is a chicken and shake diet to extreme? I also take green tea and fish oil.

Thanks- Brian

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What about fat? you need healthy fats.

And Veggies do provide a lot of great vitamins that your body needs as well as fiber. You could get fiber from Flax seed and unsweetened shredded Coconut. Those would also provide healthy fats.

Chicken and shakes aren't gonna cut it. If you want a healthy good looking body you're gonna have to suck it up and eat healthy fats and veggies. There are a great variety of types and flavors.

Jda777

Jda777

Banned
Awards
Ok, I have been working out hard for close to two years now. I am pretty lean, but have put on some fat. I have cut in the past, and done pretty well.

Problem is, I am a very pickey eater. I don't like fruits or vegitables(except potato's). I love chicken, salmon, and almost any other meat.

My question is how do I go about designing a good diet with these limitations? I get plenty of protein and carbs. Is a chicken and shake diet to extreme? I also take green tea and fish oil.

Thanks- Brian
You don't like guacamole? Have you tried it?

I've heard of people dieting on shakes and fish oil, and nothing else.

Anything can be done.

No fruit or veggies! That's hard to fathom.

SamuraiSid

Awards
You need to show discipline in all aspects of your training regime to get the results you want. That means eating your greens. Im sure thats not very helpful to your situation but its the truth.

Just like weight training you have to start slowly. Eat small amounts of veggies throughout the day, try them boiled, steamed, raw, grilled. Find out what veggies and how they are cooked you hate the least, and go from there. Growing up I never ate fruits or veggies, hated them. But when I got serious with weight training I had no choice but to get serious with my nutrition.
Started with simply eating carrot sticks, and now I enjoy all varieties of vegeta bles.