Where to begin???

  1. Registered User
    mlp49's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    67

    Question Where to begin???


    This is my first thread so bare with me!!

    I just joined 3 days ago because I need serious help as to how to approach training again. I play football but have been out for a year because I am looking to transfer to another JUCO but I have let my body get worse than it has ever been. I am 6-2, 235 and my body fat percentage is high (around 25-30%) so I need to shed fat and cut up and would like some advice as to how to approach this when it comes to the supplements.

    I have a solid diet plan and cutting routine that I can use and I know about all the supplements that are out there but I am a rookie and have a hard time putting everything together

    Im not really the social type so I hate asking to be guided through something but I need to get started soon and ur advice will be greatly appreciated.

    So I am basically looking for the quickest way to lose a majority of my body fat and cut up. I will take any advice. Be as harsh as U want, Ive been through worse lol.

  2. Registered User
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,641
    Rep Power
    2365

    Quote Originally Posted by mlp49 View Post
    This is my first thread so bare with me!!

    I just joined 3 days ago because I need serious help as to how to approach training again. I play football but have been out for a year because I am looking to transfer to another JUCO but I have let my body get worse than it has ever been. I am 6-2, 235 and my body fat percentage is high (around 25-30%) so I need to shed fat and cut up and would like some advice as to how to approach this when it comes to the supplements.

    I have a solid diet plan and cutting routine that I can use and I know about all the supplements that are out there but I am a rookie and have a hard time putting everything together

    Im not really the social type so I hate asking to be guided through something but I need to get started soon and ur advice will be greatly appreciated.

    So I am basically looking for the quickest way to lose body a majority of my body fat and cut up. I will take any advice. Be as harsh as U want, Ive been through worse lol.
    i don't think anyone is going to be harsh here bro. here's the thing, if you have a solid diet as you say (and i have no reason not to believe you) then that's all you should need. you mentioned supps., know that supps will only help a little bit, your diet and training will be your foundation.....like a house, your diet and training will hold up the rest, the roof isn't really that important if your foundation is sinking or cracked. i suggest (as i always do) find out what your currently eating, and how much....add up the calories, fat (all kinds), carbs and protein, then subtract 200-300 a week....deducting to many cals will make your metabolisom crash and do the exact opposite of what your trying to accompolish. there are so many supps out there for weight loss it's sick, i'm sure a bunch of reps and people here will suggest some soon, i spent a small portion and a good amount of money when i first started, on these things without getting my diet straight first that is was a waste of money and time, i learned the hard way, please do not follow my lead in this area. i'm not going to reccomend any, like isaid i leave that to the reps. i suggest getting your totals on current nutrition and making your deductions. please post your current diet and when you work out (time of day) then we will be able to proceed clearly. btw, sorry for my spelling
  3. Registered User
    mlp49's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    67

    First, thnks for replying but up until now my diet was s**t!! I have been spending most of my time smokin bud and eating any kind of junk you could imagine. But I realized it wasnt getting me to where I needed to be so I went through a detox and I am planning on training starting next week. I have planned out a diet that could be useful but Im worried that I wont be taking in enough calories but this is what I got:

    Breakfast- Casein shake(70g)
    Meal 2- Oatmeal w/ honey 5 egg whites
    Lunch- Large salad n whey protein(22g)
    Dinner- Steamed veggies baked beans n rice
    Pre Workout- Whey protein(22g) w/ soy milk
    Post Workout- Whey protein(44g) w/ soy milk n large banana

    I also do not eat meat which why I am concerned about not getting enough calories. I would run in the AM and lift during the night (mon-fri).
    But fill free to add suggestions
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,641
    Rep Power
    2365

    Quote Originally Posted by mlp49 View Post
    First, thnks for replying but up until now my diet was s**t!! I have been spending most of my time smokin bud and eating any kind of junk you could imagine. But I realized it wasnt getting me to where I needed to be so I went through a detox and I am planning on training starting next week. I have planned out a diet that could be useful but Im worried that I wont be taking in enough calories but this is what I got:

    Breakfast- Casein shake(70g)Whey protein, not casein. why? casein is slow digesting and after sleeping and fasting all night you want protein and such ASAPMeal 2- Oatmeal w/ honey 5 egg whites
    Lunch- Large salad n whey protein(22g)add some cheese and not croutons or heavy dressing like 1000 island, italitan if any is good, do you mind adding some tuna to this salad?Dinner- Steamed veggies baked beans n rice
    Pre Workout- Whey protein(22g) w/ soy milk
    Post Workout- Whey protein(44g) w/ soy milk n large banana

    I also do not eat meat which why I am concerned about not getting enough calories.you had to be a vegi....dam you that makes this a bit more difficultjust joking I would run in the AM and lift during the night (mon-fri). there's nothing really wrong will 5 days on, some do it, if you can take one day off during the week and add one day in the weekend it would be better, remember you grow outside the gym not in it and a day off in the middle is beneficialBut fill free to add suggestions
    these suggestions are a start, others will come along an add soon, i'm sure
  5. Registered User
    victorianna's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  149 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    66

    well what i do is work on my stumic as laying on my back and lift my feet up and down to u reath your high pont. now it whont be easy at frst so what i did is start out with 50 then to 100 and now 150
  6. Registered User
    mlp49's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    67

    Yea im def gona use ur advice thnks bro!!
    Any advice with the supplements?
  7. Registered User
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,641
    Rep Power
    2365

    Quote Originally Posted by mlp49 View Post
    Yea im def gona use ur advice thnks bro!!
    Any advice with the supplements?
    green tea caps. NOW foods makes a good product (and no i don't work for them). Caffenine works well too, 400mgs. before meals and w/o. you can get a whole bottle (100 pills, 200mgs each) for like 5 to 8 bucks. i mean there's a 1,000,000 different products out there with a bunch of different things in them, let's keep it simple at first huh.......no need to go out and spend hard earned $ on stuff like that. besides you can always add them later, do some research on them and form your own opinion........educate yourself, you'll thank yourself. do not believe all the hype that these companies claim their product will do, some lie, i know, i know, hard to believe but it's true. if you go with G.T. and caff. it really doesn't matter who makes it.....it's still goin gto be G.T. and caff.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Where to Begin
    By Mr Chris in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 10:18 PM
  2. Let the fun begin!!!
    By nosnmiveins in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 02:38 PM
  3. where to begin??
    By bubbaw in forum MMA
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-24-2008, 06:34 AM
  4. Where should i begin?
    By altgilbersnic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 01:13 PM
  5. where to begin?
    By fireball in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2006, 10:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in