help me out PLEASE

arsenal121290

Awards
well i am at senior in high school at 18. i am 6 foot around 217 i have been going to the gym and slowly eating healthier and healthier for about a month. today i started a strict diet of NO JUNK FOOD only healthier foods and ONLY juices(unsweetened) and water.
i go to bally's which is a gym every Monday Wednesday and Friday there i do a mile on a treadmill at approx 6.5-8.0 mph and i work out with my friends and we do full body workouts. in super sets(10,8,6,15) also in gym at school i also lift light and cardio on Thursdays and Tuesdays.

i was wondering if that's the workouts i should be doing to try and lose weight and shapen up and if not what should i be doing. but i need to turn some of my fat into muscle i am currently near 18% body fat. also i have "man boobs" and i am trying to get rid of those asap. i was wondering if i could get some recommendations on a stack to start after i finish my current one (hyperdrol, max cla, shred hardcore, sesamin)

ANY OTHER ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT thanks for the support!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, It is good that you are beginning to eat healthier because that is the biggest part of losing fat. I would cut out the juice if I were you. Don't drink any kind of sugar drink unless it is around your workout. Otherwise it won't really benefit you.

You should be sure that you are eating a balance of veggies, lean protein and healthy fat (natural PB, avocado, coconut, nuts). You should figure out what your maintenance calories are and subtract 300 from that. Eat that many for about a week and if it seems that you haven't made a little progress drop it by another 100 calories. Fat loss is usually slow and steady if you are doing it right. Many times people go hog wild on their new diet and don't eat ENOUGH. Not only can this make it more difficult to lose fat, but it is detrimental to your health. You need to be sure that you are getting the proper nutrients every day.

Compound movements are the way to go when it comes to fat loss. The more muscles incorporated in a movement, the better. Circuits/supersets are great for someone trying to lose some fat. You should be incorporating squats and deadlifts into your routine. They are the best compound movements for fat loss and muscle hypertrophy. I usually do a variation of one of them every time I lift. Some Deadlift variations are: sumo, dumbell, barbell, Romanian. Some Squat variations are: Split squat, dumbell, barbell, front squat, swiss ball squat w/ DBs.

Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Babywifey is correct on the calorie count. Many people don't really eat enough and thats one thing that can hinder your progress. Your body will slowly let go of the fat once you start feeding it the right amounts. I suggest spreading them out 6 meals a day to keep fueling your body. And make sure after the gym you should be eatting a good meal to replensigh your body. I learned this the hard way. I was doing 2500 when I knew cardio+working out I can burn 1000 easily so that leaves my body with 1500 calories for the day which is not enough. I eat rougly more on training days and maybe 400-500 less on rest days. Hope this helps.

arsenal121290

Awards
well how do u figure out you maintenance calories are? also on cardio whats a better thing to to run a mile fast or run a couple miles slower or do a bike for a longer amount of time? what are some suggestions on diet like what kinda things should i eat for breakfast lunch dinner and snacks in between?

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Well, It is good that you are beginning to eat healthier because that is the biggest part of losing fat. I would cut out the juice if I were you. Don't drink any kind of sugar drink unless it is around your workout. Otherwise it won't really benefit you.

You should be sure that you are eating a balance of veggies, lean protein and healthy fat (natural PB, avocado, coconut, nuts). You should figure out what your maintenance calories are and subtract 300 from that. Eat that many for about a week and if it seems that you haven't made a little progress drop it by another 100 calories. Fat loss is usually slow and steady if you are doing it right. Many times people go hog wild on their new diet and don't eat ENOUGH. Not only can this make it more difficult to lose fat, but it is detrimental to your health. You need to be sure that you are getting the proper nutrients every day.

Compound movements are the way to go when it comes to fat loss. The more muscles incorporated in a movement, the better. Circuits/supersets are great for someone trying to lose some fat. You should be incorporating squats and deadlifts into your routine. They are the best compound movements for fat loss and muscle hypertrophy. I usually do a variation of one of them every time I lift. Some Deadlift variations are: sumo, dumbell, barbell, Romanian. Some Squat variations are: Split squat, dumbell, barbell, front squat, swiss ball squat w/ DBs.
There ya go man. if you can get all this dialed in the only thing i can toss in as advice would be to add in a fish oil to the supp list and maybe DCP could be benificial for ya! Keep the diet strict, the workouts hard, and avoid the habits you pick up at your age, the main one being poor sleep. I've never quite shook this one, but it plays an emense role in regulation.

A little tip on dieting down... gum and lots of water! lol gonna save you from making poor choices

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
well i am at senior in high school at 18. i am 6 foot around 217 i have been going to the gym and slowly eating healthier and healthier for about a month. today i started a strict diet of NO JUNK FOOD only healthier foods and ONLY juices(unsweetened) and water.
i go to bally's which is a gym every Monday Wednesday and Friday there i do a mile on a treadmill at approx 6.5-8.0 mph and i work out with my friends and we do full body workouts. in super sets(10,8,6,15) also in gym at school i also lift light and cardio on Thursdays and Tuesdays.

i was wondering if that's the workouts i should be doing to try and lose weight and shapen up and if not what should i be doing. but i need to turn some of my fat into muscle i am currently near 18% body fat. also i have "man boobs" and i am trying to get rid of those asap. i was wondering if i could get some recommendations on a stack to start after i finish my current one (hyperdrol, max cla, shred hardcore, sesamin)

ANY OTHER ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT thanks for the support!
total body workouts are the best way to burn fat, hands down. congratulations on deciding to better yourself :) if possible, supplement your workouts with swimming on tuesday/thursdays. if your weight doesn't bother you doing cardio, consider adding in a HIIT routine as well. lastly, and this is maybe the most important thing, limit your carbs to slow digesting ones. when doing supersets, you spike your growth hormone levels (your fat burners) which return to normal when you consume fast carbs, like those found in milk, cereal, pasta, white bread and rice. stick to whole grain foods for best results.

another thing to consider is to track your progress every two weeks by measuring your belly - if you're putting on muscle, your body weight may not change even though you are progressing, which will demotivate you - if you track progress by the scale. keep us updated on your progress.

arsenal121290

Awards
thanks guys suncloud what is an HIIt rountine?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys suncloud what is an HIIt rountine?
HIIT is like when you jog around a a track, and on one of the straight parts you exert maximum effort - like a sprint. then back to jogging for the rest of the track. HIIT is great way for boosting GH levels.

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
I do hiits on the treadmill (High Intensity Interval Training). Jog at a moderate pace for 2-4 minutes and then for 30-45 secs give an all out sprint to jack your heart rate up. 45 secs should have you spent, otherwise you aren't going hard enough. After that couple of secs is up take it back to a steady jog and get your HR back down to where it was earlier, then again take it to a sprint after a couple of minutes. You can do 12-20 minutes of this and feel like you've done 45 min of cardio. You can change it up on the eliptical and bike too.

arsenal121290

Awards
ok well im try it thanks guys. also what kinda diet should i be on like how many meals and what type of foods in those meals?

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ok well im try it thanks guys. also what kinda diet should i be on like how many meals and what type of foods in those meals?
Lean turkey, beef, chicken, eggs, cottage cheese or protein powder should be your protein sources. Fats should come from stuff like nuts, natural peanut butter, avocado, coconut, olive oil and flax. Carbohydrate sources will vary as the day goes on. In the morning and around workouts it is okay and good to have some complex carbs like oatmeal and fruit, but throughout the rest of the day your body won't really need those kind of carbs, especially since you are aiming to lose fat. At any other meal you should stick to lots of veggies like broccoli, spinach, cale, cabbage, carrots, celery, etc.

If you can eat 4-6 meals a day, that would be the best for keeping up a fast metabolism. :)

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
http://www.losebellyfatworkout.com/

Found that site when i first found out about HIIT. Before that, to get bodyfat down I did it the old Bodybuilder way. 15 Incline, 3.5-4.0 walking for 30-35 minutes.

Other than that, check out that site. Has a great 8 week program.

Good luck bro, you can only lose as much as you want. REMEMBER THAT!

arsenal121290

Awards
ok well thanks guys for all the support also is it true if i wanna get to a certain weight i have to eat like a person who weighs that much?

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
Not at all, it's a gradual process. I would say the general rule is to calculate your maintenance calories (calories you need to function daily/calories you burn daily) then take it down by about 500 calories. There are different websites you can find to calculate your base. So, as you lose weight, you'll adjust your diet.

Depending on how much you are trying to lose, your calories may stay the same, but typically it changes a little based on your goal weight.

TURUGBY

Awards
  • Established
don't overkill cardio, you don't want to shed muscle too. Cut the juices and any other sugars from your diet, if you must just drink diet soda. Get a good tasting protein shake (recommend dymatize gourmet, 120cals a scoop). Substitute 2 meals a day w/ this plus 1/2 a cup of skim milk 1/2 cup of water, thats 165 cals, all protein. This will keep protein higher and cut the excess cals easier. Stay away from any starchy carbs (white breat, pasta, white rice) go for complex (oats, whole grains) and keep protein intake high to preserve lean muscle mass. If you get your diet PERFECT cardio isn't even needed, but if you do cardio shoot for HIIT or low intensity 3-4mph treadmill. Supplements I'd take would be lipo6, CLA (mega dose it 6-8g ED), or levithian reloaded (GREAT PRODUCT). Good luck I'm cutting right now as well and am on ECA 2x a day but i dont recommend that for you b/c of your age. You came to the right place for advice AM is the best place on the web for fitness/bbing

Jda777

Jda777

Banned
Awards
don't overkill cardio, you don't want to shed muscle too. Cut the juices and any other sugars from your diet, if you must just drink diet soda. Get a good tasting protein shake (recommend dymatize gourmet, 120cals a scoop). Substitute 2 meals a day w/ this plus 1/2 a cup of skim milk 1/2 cup of water, thats 165 cals, all protein. This will keep protein higher and cut the excess cals easier. Stay away from any starchy carbs (white breat, pasta, white rice) go for complex (oats, whole grains) and keep protein intake high to preserve lean muscle mass. If you get your diet PERFECT cardio isn't even needed, but if you do cardio shoot for HIIT or low intensity 3-4mph treadmill. Supplements I'd take would be lipo6, CLA (mega dose it 6-8g ED), or levithian reloaded (GREAT PRODUCT). Good luck I'm cutting right now as well and am on ECA 2x a day but i dont recommend that for you b/c of your age. You came to the right place for advice AM is the best place on the web for fitness/bbing

There is sugar in milk. 12 grams per cup. :18:

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
ok well thanks guys for all the support also is it true if i wanna get to a certain weight i have to eat like a person who weighs that much?
Not true man, got eat at your own body weight not somebody elses everything else posted in here is fantastic information whole body workouts are great for burning fat, weight and reps IMO i try to keep the weight at what i would normally do on my compound lifts lets say bench press if i normally get 225x6 then when cutting im still gunna go for 225x6 most likely wont make it with cutting carbs and lack of energy but still go for the same heavy weights even if your not getting the amount of reps you were before you wanna try to preserve strength, reps hit between 8-15 reps wide range i know but depending on the weight you use make sure its still heavy cuz i never really understood stopping at rep 10 if i know i can get 2 more reps out so ive always gone to where i kno im dead but i kno i can get one more which is usaully around the 12 rep for isolation movements hit between 12-15 id say more for toning and firming and slight fat loss type of exercise way hope that makes sense? and mainly comes down to your diet bud gotta eat healthy and clean take in good carbs before your workout to have energy so you can go beat up the weights in the gym and push yourself hard man, hit the cardio like 5mins before your workout i started doing that and it helped increase my weight loss getting my body all heated up and ready to do work, i use the elliptical machine but you can use whatever you want and everything else is really already posted so anymore quetions keep em coming

arsenal121290

Awards
well i cant drink milk cause im lactose intolerant so i just mix my protein with water.

also is it a must to do cardio before i lift because when i do cardio i am usually dead after cause i push my limit haha like i am 6'1" and 225 with around 22% BF and i run a mile in 8:07 haha thats why i usally save cardio. also when i work out should i wear sweat pants and sweat shirt or will that only help me lost water weight?

should i work out everyday or will that not give my muscle time to recover cause when i do work out everyday i have been noticing i cant lift at consistent weight and the muscle connected ur shoulder and chest on inside by ur armpit really hurts.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It would be better if you did Cardio AFTER lifting, actually. And I don't think it really matters if you wear heavy clothes to make you sweat more or not. Whatever you feel like.

Lifting every day is NOT a good idea. Your muscles do need recovery time. On the other hand you could do HIIT on off days. Perhaps lift weights 3-4 days a week and do HIIT on your resting days. I've found this to be a very effective way to lose fat myself.

SamuraiSid

Awards
One suggestion Id like to make is, watch the clock next time you and your buddies are at the gym together. All the time I see groups of kiddies hanging out, and occasionally lifting weights. Just make sure your friends arent increasing your rest periods.

arsenal121290

Awards
ya its only one other person and we work out with approx. like 1-2 min rests

arsenal121290

Awards
well tomorrows a big day for me i am going to weigh my self after a week and a half of dieting and training really hard i hope its paid off kinda nervous.

arsenal121290

Awards
well to be honest honest i havent seen any improvements in my weight i have lost only 7 pounds in a week and a half which really discourages me because ive been training really hard and eating the best i can. and suggestions on what i might be doing wrong.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
well to be honest honest i havent seen any improvements in my weight i have lost only 7 pounds in a week and a half which really discourages me because ive been training really hard and eating the best i can. and suggestions on what i might be doing wrong.
7 pounds in 10 days i would think is very good progress. i mean, that's 21 pounds lost this month. you've got to put this into perspective my friend. 42 pounds lost in 60 days is nothing to sneeze at.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
7 lb in less than two weeks? What were you expecting to lose? That is quite a bit, and even too much for such a short amount of time.

arsenal121290

Awards
well ya i guess in that perspective its good but im not got shaping up my chest at all i am getting stronger but i still have the flab on my chest which is my main priority.

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
i have a quick question...in this thread you list three different heights and weights. 6 foot around 217, 5'11" 228, and 6'1" 225, which one are you basing this weight loss on? maybe i am wrong but something seems off, id pick one of those and go from there with a solid calorie mark for cutting.

arsenal121290

Awards
well actually i only differ my weight one other time and thats because my scale at home was off 8 pounds versus the gyms scale i am 6' 1"

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
well ya i guess in that perspective its good but im not got shaping up my chest at all i am getting stronger but i still have the flab on my chest which is my main priority.

Shaping up your chest is going to take time. In one week it is no wonder that you haven't seen anything.

First of all, if you want you chest to grow, you are going to have to give mass to everything else. Your chest will want to grow in a certain proportion to your back and shoulders. Therefore if you want your chest to grow you need to work out not only your chest but other muscles as well. Deadlifts, squats, rows, dips, pull ups and chin ups are all great for working out out lots of muscles at once for size.

Also, if you lost 7 lb in two weeks you should probably bump your calories up. It would seem that you are at a very low deficit, far too low for gaining any muscle. If you keep eating this low, you will certainly lose fat but you will also look flabby everywhere because you will have barely any muscle.

You are at a high BF, and it will take time for you to lose that fat and gain muscle enough to look the way you want. But don't give up. Be patient and give it time.

arsenal121290

Awards
well i am certainly gaining strength everywhere thats for sure my bench went from repping 120-10 times to doing 145 ten times and i was curling 35s now im at 55s and so on i am seeing a decent amount of improvement by just cutting sugars and candy and soda

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
You are 18, all you need to do is eat healthy, drink water, and workout... you will be fine!!!!!!