How dumb am I?

N1NE

Awards
I started college at 165lb., albeit not a very low body fat %. I was always the skinny kid with no muscles. I did have a nice layer of fat everywhere though, but still appeared skinny.

4 years later and I was at 225 lb.

That was last March.

I took it upon myself to eat better and exercise 5x a week.

Now I'm back hovering between 195 and 200.

I eat between 1000-2000 calories a day.

I want to get down to 165 pounds.

Here's the problem - I get drunk off my ass 3 days a week.
Every single Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday, I have anywhere between 8 and 15 beers.

I've been trying to stay under 14,000 calories for the week (roughly, so I don't GAIN any weight) I am usually able to do this.

I also exercise 3 times a week pretty hard to try and "cancel out" the alcohol, even though I know it doesn't quite work that easily.

I want to be able to reach my goal and still get drunk twice a week.
Is this even possible?

Thanks, and please don't flame me. I'm a college guy and I like to drink beer with my friends.

N1NE

Awards
I also don't eat vegetables - just go through 2 or 3 bottles of V8 a week.
A couple cups of apple sauce too.

I know - its bad.

I am on ALRI Venom Hyperdrive as well.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haha! Are you for real? When you find out the answer, tell me, because I'd like to eat cakes and pies all day and stay lean. Hell, with this knowledge, we could even start our own company. I'm gonna start making up some business cards now. You get crackin' on the uniform.

N1NE

Awards
Well I'm still keeping my calories under 14,000/week and eating well.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I started college at 165lb., albeit not a very low body fat %. I was always the skinny kid with no muscles. I did have a nice layer of fat everywhere though, but still appeared skinny.

4 years later and I was at 225 lb.

That was last March.

I took it upon myself to eat better and exercise 5x a week.

Now I'm back hovering between 195 and 200.

I eat between 1000-2000 calories a day.

I want to get down to 165 pounds.

Here's the problem - I get drunk off my ass 3 days a week.
Every single Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday, I have anywhere between 8 and 15 beers.

I've been trying to stay under 14,000 calories for the week (roughly, so I don't GAIN any weight) I am usually able to do this.

I also exercise 3 times a week pretty hard to try and "cancel out" the alcohol, even though I know it doesn't quite work that easily.

I want to be able to reach my goal and still get drunk twice a week.
Is this even possible?

Thanks, and please don't flame me. I'm a college guy and I like to drink beer with my friends.
College is certainly a tough time to attain any type of fitness goals for many, at least in my experiences. Believe me, i know that drinking is part of the culture involved, but in all reality, if you wish to attain your personal goals, you'll have to re-evaluate your current activites and situation.

It's very much an attainable feat, but the willpower needs to be there, and in college that's easier said than done. My recommendation is this......have a good time, but choose wisely in your food choices when you can. Part of the college experience is being poor and always on the run, and it's easy to eat poorly on a daily basis. If you can structure some type of consistent healthy meal plan into your daily activities, you'll in the least limit some of the daily damage done. If you take the time to do it, you can organize a healthy meal plan for your week.

Have fun man, but choose wisely when you can. I know as i said it's easier said than done, but i'm being honest. It's a tough time for some to make those type of choices, but if you're willing, you can do it. :)

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Haha! Are you for real? When you find out the answer, tell me, because I'd like to eat cakes and pies all day and stay lean. Hell, with this knowledge, we could even start our own company. I'm gonna start making up some business cards now. You get crackin' on the uniform.
LOL I want in too!

College is certainly a tough time to attain any type of fitness goals for many, at least in my experiences. Believe me, i know that drinking is part of the culture involved, but in all reality, if you wish to attain your personal goals, you'll have to re-evaluate your current activites and situation.

It's very much an attainable feat, but the willpower needs to be there, and in college that's easier said than done. My recommendation is this......have a good time, but choose wisely in your food choices when you can. Part of the college experience is being poor and always on the run, and it's easy to eat poorly on a daily basis. If you can structure some type of consistent healthy meal plan into your daily activities, you'll in the least limit some of the daily damage done. If you take the time to do it, you can organize a healthy meal plan for your week.

Have fun man, but choose wisely when you can. I know as i said it's easier said than done, but i'm being honest. It's a tough time for some to make those type of choices, but if you're willing, you can do it. :)
If you are willing, you can accomplish almost anything. Good luck bro!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I'm still keeping my calories under 14,000/week and eating well.
no you aren't, you are eating poorly. with more alchohol than vegetables you aren't eating well.

You need to decide what you really want out of life, and makes changes so it happens. Maybe start by clipping out one of the drinking nights. Drinking as well makes it harder the next morning to get up and do cardio.

Start adding veggies - get on a meal plan at the school, use the cafeteria to your advantage. green leafy vegetables give nice fill factor for minimal cals

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
no you aren't, you are eating poorly. with more alchohol than vegetables you aren't eating well.

You need to decide what you really want out of life, and makes changes so it happens. Maybe start by clipping out one of the drinking nights. Drinking as well makes it harder the next morning to get up and do cardio.

Start adding veggies - get on a meal plan at the school, use the cafeteria to your advantage. green leafy vegetables give nice fill factor for minimal cals
^^^^^^good post^^^^^^

For me I had to decide if I wanted to be the party guy, or if I wanted to be the guy with the physique.
Start running a mile for every beer you drink. It's not as far fetched as it sounds. You CAN do it. And you will make up for the extra calories you consume. But mostly it will force you into an awareness of the price you are paying for each beer you drink. I've had trouble eating clean in the past when cutting, so I REALLY DID run a mile for every 150 cals I consumed outside my planned diet. It will eventually take away the compulsiveness that makes it so hard to turn those beers down.

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
Well wait a minute, why has no one recommended drinking Jack or Crown instead of beer?? Problem solved.

My 5'11" 150 pound brother drinks like an idiot, eats fast food twice a day, and has never lifted anything heavier than a pair of 25 pound dumbells, and he still has slightly visible abs. Im still waiting for him to get fat so he'll believe me that its not healthy. But that just shows everyone is different.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can be the party guy with a good physique. Start using ICE.