Anabolic Cutting Diet (Everyone Else has a Log, Why Not Me too)?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
OK, here's a quick update on me and what I've been doing for the past year.

About a year ago, I decided I would get unfat. I started off gradually and lost a little bodyfat and brought back some lost muscle. I was probably about 30% BF, if I go off the scale.

Since then, I've been on a pretty strict diet. I did a 2 week stint at the velocity diet in june, with mediocre results. I've done the anabolic diet for months on end, with ok results. I feel great, but the body fat isn't coming off. What I decided to do is create an unholy mix of the two and see where that got me. Here's my plan:

Monday: 1500-1800 calories (217 protein, 96 fat, 26 carb, 18 fiber).
3-4x shake: 1.5 scoops casein protein, 3 eggs, double dose of sesamin, 1 Tbsp Fish Oil, 1 tbsp flaxseed powder (only half the shakes with flax)

Tuesday: 1500-1800 calories
3-4x shake

Wednesday: 3500-4500 calories
This is essentially a Cal-up for me. I eat until I'm satiated. However, all CKD foods. Bacon, steak, eggs, cheese, avacados ect.

Thursday: 2200 calories
3x shake, Large dinner of CKD foods.

Friday: 1500-1800 calories
3-4x shakes

Saturday: 6000 calories
1x shake, begin carb up around noon after depletion workout.

Sunday: 6000 calories
Continue with carb up through EOD Sunday. I don't really look too deep into the carb ups, mainly just focus on taking in plenty carbs and calories.

Workouts:

M- Leg focused circuit training w/squats. Followed by cardio...either 20min of HIIT or 45 min sustained pace.
T- Volleyball.
W- Back focused circuit training w/deadlifts. Followed by cardio...either 20min of HIIT or 45 min sustained pace. Volleyball.
F- Circuit training. Followed by cardio...either 20min of HIIT or 45 min sustained pace.
S- Depletion Workout.
Su- Volleyball

Supps:
Geranium, Metabolift (generic thermo I got for 1 dollar), ALA, Vitamin C, Lean Extreme, Jacked!, Sesamin, Fish Oil (liquid), Centrum, SuperCissus RX, PLCAR (pre-volleyball), Poseidon, Xtend, BCAA.

Stats: Started around 275ish. Will update with measurements shortly.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
6 days in: 263. Weight melting off. I think about 5 pounds of that 275 at least was carb weight, so I'm not overly optimistic at this point, but its nice to be losing weight again.

I came off a week and a half winter break from dieting, so I think my metabolism may have been in overdrive when I started the diet. However, I think I was also a little less used to CKD than normal due to the break.

Su- Shakes only. Volleyball.
Mo- Shakes only. Workout followed by cardio. Sucking wind at this point.
T- Gave in and started my Cal-up here. Was actually a good thing. Felt much better afterwards. Volleyball.
W- Shakes only. Workout followed by cardio. Really sucking wind at cardio and at Volleyball.
Th- Shakes only. Had a steak dinner with my family. Really brought up the energy levels.
F- Shakes only. Will do a workout this afternoon and update with numbers for the workout.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
By shakes only...do you mean they symptoms you have...or what you ate? LOL

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
By shakes only...do you mean they symptoms you have...or what you ate? LOL
:lol:

They're the shakes I eat. I only get those shakes when I haven't smoked crack in a couple of days :head:. I posted what was in them above:

1.5 scoops casein protein, 3 eggs, double dose of sesamin, 1 Tbsp Fish Oil, 1 tbsp flaxseed powder (only half the shakes with flax)

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Day 6 (continued):

Took 3 Powerfull (from a sample pack), and 1 scoop of Jacked PWO.

Had 4 scoops of Xtend with a scoop of Poseidon for during the workout. Went fairly light. Don't have the energy to really push myself.

Squats: 135x12, 225x10, 225x10
Hamstring Curls: 110x15, 130x12, 150x10
Pulls Ups: 4, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1 (I'm heavy...)
Arnolds: 35x15, 45x12, 55x10
Rows: 130x15, 130x10, 130x8

Ran 2 miles on treadmill (almost). Had my 8 minute mile pace going for 1.75miles and suddenly felt like I had to hurl. I jumped off just in time to use my fleece to catch some nasty watery vomit. Haven't done that in years. Very odd. Could be the Powerfull...first time I've taken it.

Anyone else ever got nauseous from Powerfull? I didn't really notice any effects from it other than that.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff Rob! How does the shakes you make taste? Doesn't sound too tasty :/ Good luck with the log and I'm in!

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff Rob! How does the shakes you make taste? Doesn't sound too tasty :/ Good luck with the log and I'm in!
Thanks, good to have you Torres.

Honestly, I don't really even taste the shakes....I don't think they're bad, but what do I know :). I take the sesamin and fish oil separate to make sure I get the full dosing.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Are you going to post befores and afters? I'm thinking about it...

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
im in..and yes u should post pics....

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
im in..and yes u should post pics....
Alright, I'll post them. I'll try to get them tonight or tomorrow morning while I'm still carb depleted. I'll also post my measurements.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing calorie cycling. Basically low, low, high, med, low, carb up, carb up.

I have the calorie total in my log. It seems to be working.
I see what you mean about calorie cycling...Since I end up eating alot of extra calories trying to get my carbs on the first day, do you think i should cycle my calories giving me more on the weekend? (To me this doesn't make much sense, considering I don't workout during carb-ups so I don't need the extra cals then) Or should I not include calories in my carb-ups? Do you count carb-up cals against your weekly amount or do you do them seperately from your low carb cals?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I see what you mean about calorie cycling...Since I end up eating alot of extra calories trying to get my carbs on the first day, do you think i should cycle my calories giving me more on the weekend? (To me this doesn't make much sense, considering I don't workout during carb-ups so I don't need the extra cals then) Or should I not include calories in my carb-ups? Do you count carb-up cals against your weekly amount or do you do them seperately from your low carb cals?
I don't really count my carb ups toward the calorie cycling. There my intent is to basically recharge my tank and reset my body for the next week.

As far is the calorie cycling in general, as far as I'm concerned, it allows me to go extra low calorie for a couple days, because I'm making up for it with a high cal day after that.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Here's some pics I took this morning. The ones in the gray shorts are from May 2008. I've lost about 15-20 pounds since then, but its kind of hard to tell from the picture. I really want to kill my gut and love handles and get into the teens for body fat. I think I will stay on this diet until I get there.

Here's the measurements between May and now.

WEIGHT.............280............263
ARM................16.25...........16.5
THIGH................29.............27.5
CHEST..............47.5............46.5
GUT...................46.............42.5

Attachments

Last edited:
mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
well we are here with you til you get those abs! hey rob did you update your team for the fantasy team?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Depletion Workout:

Flat Barbell Bench: 135x20, 185x20
T-Bar Rows: 80x20, 105x20
Hack Squats: 90x20, 140x20
Dumbbell SLDL: 50x20, 60x20
Dumbbell Curls: 20x20

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
I'm not knockin your methods at all, but is that your typical depletion workout?

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
From what I understand it should be a full body depletion workout, to empty out all of your glycogen stores. I will post my depletion workout that i just got done doin in a few hours. Just do complex and isolated sets for all major muscle groups

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
From what I understand it should be a full body depletion workout, to empty out all of your glycogen stores. I will post my depletion workout that i just got done doin in a few hours. Just do complex and isolated sets for all major muscle groups
Yeah, I've read that as well. I used to do like 7 exercises. I guess I've just gotten lazy.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Update:

On Sunday, during my carb up, I thought it would be cool to stop at McDonalds and get McFlurries for the wife, my daughter, and myself. Well, my daughter (almost 3) woke up at midnight and puked all over her bed, and was up the next 3 hours puking.

The next day my wife started puking, then I started puking. I ate nothing all day yesterday, except for one shake I got down first thing in the morning.

Today I feel pretty good. It must've been food poisoning by McFlurry. Who'dve thought. Pretty sure it was the food because my son (1), didn't eat a McFlurry and was fine all day.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
wow a puke fest. That must have sucked man. at least you feel better today!

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Wow, poor job posting by me.

Update:

For the last week I've had the nastiest case of diarhea ever. :dump:

I'm just now getting over it. I don't think it had anything to do with my diet, as I had been off the diet for a few days, as I had National Guard duty in support of the Inaugaration. Anyways, just focusing on getting back into a routine now.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
national guard? nice bro. When you goin bak on the diet?

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards

Update:

Probably not the cause, but I'd get rid of the raw eggs in your shake. They can give you salmonella food poisoning, not to mention that the protein is poorly digested when uncooked. Not worth it.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Update:

I'm just now getting over it. I don't think it had anything to do with my diet, as I had been off the diet for a few days, as I had National Guard duty in support of the Inaugaration. Anyways, just focusing on getting back into a routine now.
Good luck getting back on the right path bro!

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the comments and support guys. Its been 2 weeks since this diarrhea started and its still not gone.

I went to the Doctor. She said it was probably some sort of virus and told me to do a BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast diet). Pretty much the opposite of the Anabolic Diet. I'm just looking forward to getting healthy again. I've always had an iron stomach, so this is very odd for me to worry about eating certain foods and having to mainline pepto bismol.

As for not eating raw eggs....I never had a problem with it in the past, but it will be a long time before I start eating anything that has the possibility of upsetting my stomach.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about that Rob, hope you get to feelin better. If it's any consolation, I've had diarrhea for the past 3 almost 4 months! Every now and then I'll be "normal" for 1-2 stools, but mostly it's been horrible! Good luck bro!

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about that Rob, hope you get to feelin better. If it's any consolation, I've had diarrhea for the past 3 almost 4 months! Every now and then I'll be "normal" for 1-2 stools, but mostly it's been horrible! Good luck bro!
Down to 2.5 more months Torres? Where you stationed over there? I heard Iraq was a much better place to be at than Afghanistan right now. My national guard unit is going green and getting set to deploy, so I may be over there to relieve you when you leave!