Do you have any sticky tape? Cub's ripped!

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So I've finally decided to post this on here after much pressure from my online buddies her on AM. I started this new way of eating almost 8 weeks ago after I realised it's probably time for a bit of damage control in the body fat department. I have experimented with fat loss before (or should I say, tried and failed miserably?) but never achieved the results I wanted because I did not have the will power to do so and pull through. In saying that, this is the longest I have been consistent with a plan and I'm going to stick to it!

I allowed myself 20 weeks for the transformation. I have 12 weeks left, so that will bring me to the end of February. The Pro Bench is in March, whether I compete in that or not, I don't know. Can I still bench 250kg+ if I'm under 10% body fat? We shall see! For those who haven't seen me in all my fatness benching heavy here is the link to my comp videos from March:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/89994-my-lifts-pro.html

Attached below is exactly what I looked like before the diet started. My body fat was floating around the mid twenties I guess.

I don't really call it a diet anymore because I really do enjoy this way of eating. Basically, my carbohydrate source comes entirely from fiberous sources ie. vegetables and SOME fruit. I change my protein source at each meal mixing between whole eggs, beef, chicken, lamb (occasionally) and salmon. I have salmon almost every night for dinner. My fat intake is relatively high, as is my protein. My calorie intake ranges but is approximately 3,500-4,000 a day.

Do I have cheat meals? Yes! Believe it or not, sushi has become my cheat meal which I have twice a week. I find it's good to have before a work out because the carbohydrates from the rice really do give me fuel. It's amazing how much energy I have after eating it. Funnily enough, I don't feel lethargic or tired at all only having veggies. I eat plenty of salads and juice my veggies at night. I drink them with my BBQ'd salmon.

I have dropped 6kg now. Which I believe is entirely fat. I'm 98kg, down from 104kg. I'm 182cm which is a fraction under 6'. I like that it is coming off slowly. I am doing NO cardio whatsoever to prevent any muscle loss, and also why I set my goal at 20 weeks.

So, although I won't blow you away like some of the other members amazing transformations, a foot up the arse now and then wouldn't go astray! I will keep posting and uploading photos of my ugly mug on here. I haven't blanked out my face because I don't plan on becoming famous or getting in trouble with the law any time in the near distant future :)

Attachments

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Excuse me sir, all ugly mugs must be blurred to avoid spew getting stuck in between keyboards all over the world :)
So you're down 6kg and not a single bit of cardio, nice!!

I'm trimming down as well. Little bits of cardio, lower carbs, 1000 CLA capsules on their way.

What sups are you running if any? Still coming over here for Feb?

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Excuse me sir, all ugly mugs must be blurred to avoid spew getting stuck in between keyboards all over the world :)
So you're down 6kg and not a single bit of cardio, nice!!

I'm trimming down as well. Little bits of cardio, lower carbs, 1000 CLA capsules on their way.

What sups are you running if any? Still coming over here for Feb?
Just make sure you don't eat before you check my posts next time! Yes, down 6kg. I tried taking photos then but I only have my camera phone on me (digi is at work) and the lighting was crappy. I'll try and get a decent one tomorrow night. Good to hear you're leaning up, I'll be bugging you for ideas soon enough. Supplement wise, I'm running a simple fat burner as of last week and a decent amount of fish oil. That's it. I don't plan on spending big money on all these supplements and I'm out of CLA :( I really am relying on my diet and training (I've upped the volume) to pull me through.

I still want to come over. I have a few things in the mix at the moment as far as work goes. Three weeks left with the kids (if I survive) and then I'm free. Might apply for the fire brigade at the start of the year. I'll see what happens!

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
My mate applied for the fire brigade over 2 years ago they recently got in touch and asked him to do a physical test. He passed and is now half way through his 12 weeks training and absolutely loving it. Its damn hard to get into though i think.

I forgot about your "simple" fat burner........

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Tell me about it. I applied 3 years ago but was half way through uni at the time. I got to the interview and it went well but I reckon they wanted me to finish my degree and get some life experience in first. I have a mate going through his training at the moment too. I'm so jealous of him.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey cub - on board with this one bro!

It must be that time of the year for shredding, eh?

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As promised, here is me today. This is 8 weeks in. A caliper skin-fold test gave me a body fat reading of 17%, I'd say I'm a bit higher though.

Attachments

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
fark not bad considering no cardio. I gotta get my act together.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looking good mate - no cardio, eh? What's your WO regime like?

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looking good mate - no cardio, eh? What's your WO regime like?
I basically structure it as a power building routine. I make sure my first exercise is nice and heavy, then I follow up with high volume sets. It's pretty straight forward really. Every 6 weeks or so, I change the exercises around. I might include some cardio in the last 8 weeks. I'll see how I'm looking. I figure, to be under 10%, I'd have to maintain the muscle I have now and be around 90kg. It can be done!

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Im 113kg. To get my bf down to around 10-12% i've pretty much gotta get myself down to 95-100kg i reckon and i havent been that low in years :(

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im 113kg. To get my bf down to around 10-12% i've pretty much gotta get myself down to 95-100kg i reckon and i havent been that low in years :(
I'm the same. I think I was around 8% or so when I started training. But at 6' and 68kg I was a rake :)

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
6'2 and 72kg. I know the feeling. I never thought i was skinny though!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm doing a little 4 week cut. DCP/LR/CLA/Sesamin are helping; doing an intense circuit routine followed by 30 minutes of cardio. Only 6 days in, but I can see some results in my shoulders.

Congrats on the success thus far, you're almost halfway there :thumbsup:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I basically structure it as a power building routine. I make sure my first exercise is nice and heavy, then I follow up with high volume sets. It's pretty straight forward really. Every 6 weeks or so, I change the exercises around. I might include some cardio in the last 8 weeks. I'll see how I'm looking. I figure, to be under 10%, I'd have to maintain the muscle I have now and be around 90kg. It can be done!
You've giving me some good ideas cub - I get back to Aus next week and need to lay down some plans...

Look forward to your posts mate.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff. What you aiming to get down to?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I don't really know. I reckon if I'm around 90kg then my body fat should be about 10%. That would be nice!
then you could take your shirt off on the beach :whip:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I do that already. It only becomes a problem when people start covering me in wet towels and hosing me down. I'm beached as, bro!
....got a chip got a chip got a chip bro?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdVHZwI8pcA"]YouTube - Beached Whale[/ame]

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Are you concerned if you lose strength? have you lost anything noticeable?

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are you concerned if you lose strength? have you lost anything noticeable?
Nope. Strength is still there, although my endurance isn't as good. I can't rep out as long as I used to. I'm lifting the same weights and some heavier.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
If I didnt smash the 15-20 odd drinks i had last night id be leaving work and going to the gym as well.......instead i'm going straight home to bed.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
Cub, whats up bro. Been a while. Keep up the good work. I am in too....

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
im in. i just started a power building type routine as well. i guess ill only call it that because you did, and it sounds similar to what im doing.

5-6 sets of 3-6 reps range for a compound movement, and 5-6 sets of 8-15 rep range for an isolation type movement.

i like it so far. i feel drained, and the workouts go by fast. and ive been sore as hell.

anyways, keep up the hard work man. im in the opposite mode right now. trying to put on as much weight as possible. eating fairly clean. its just getting harder to eat more and more as my weight goes up :frustrate:aargh::rant:

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not a lot, body fat is still decreasing slowly. I'll post a new pic up in the next couple of days. I'm at the end of week ten! Ten to go!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not a lot, body fat is still decreasing slowly. I'll post a new pic up in the next couple of days. I'm at the end of week ten! Ten to go!
Looking forward to progress bro.

Im trying to loose fat while maintaining a social life - pushing sh1t up a big hill!

Reps to your nana! :thumbsup:

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So, last night I had a cheat meal. I'm meant to be able to eat whatever I want for the entire day, but I keep it as a meal because I really do want to strip this mud. I went to Grill'd and ordered a beef burger, but got them to put another slab of beef in it. I also ordered a large side of chips. I hadn't eaten bread or potato for 10 weeks! It was so bloody good. After that I went to Max Brenner and had a few waffles with chocolate sauce and ice cream. I was feeling so sick afterwards. To top it all off, went to my girl's place later on and decided to grab a couple of seared chicken burgers from McDonald's on the way. The term 'cheat meal' became plural. What a night!

Anyway, back to my usual meals today. I am starting to include a little more in the carb department, but keeping a close eye on it. Only a bit of rice now and then. I'll post a progress picture tomorrow after training so I'm all sexy and sweaty.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Please make sure you DO include some cheat meals on regular basis
or else this log won't go past 4 pages (besides, you are doing enough damage already, by making all of us supp junkies look bad) :lol:

Shredding well Bench champ :thumbsup:

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Im subbed bro, i told everyone about your bench press in russia, and i use it to hopefully inspire me to reach 200 kg, im at 190 now, i will be entering the latvian bench press championships when i go back home to visit in march, if i can be 92 kg, its about 3 lbs less than i am now i think, then i could win if i get the 190, ive never entered before so im so excited, but your lifts were crazy bro.
Enjoy your cut, im on board, all ways trying to learn from the best.
Russian

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
10 weeks in, 10 weeks to go!

So this is me after training my back and biceps tonight. The photos are taken on my camera phone because I forgot my camera...again!

I've still got a bit of belly and I seem to be losing it everywhere else first (which is to be expected I suppose). My arms are getting leaner and veins are popping up here and there on my shoulders and chest. Wish there were some going across a set of chiseled abs!

Halfway now :)

Attachments

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anybody want to guess my body fat percentage? I'm guessing under 20%. Maybe 18%?