Velocity Diet! I Think I am going to do it!

oxman

Awards
I am finally sick and tired of my love handles and mediocre appearance, kind of embarrased to take the shirt off...

Well anyways, I am going to do the Velocity diet and try to drop 20lbs...and hopefully these damn love handles! I am 6'5" 295lbs at 23%bf... my goal after this velocity diet is 270-275lbs and <20%bf... then farther after my havoc/anabolic pump cycle My final goal is 285lbs and <18%bf, I will first do the velocity stack for 28 days, and then do the transition stage for 2-3 weeks, and then start my havoc/AP stack for 28-35 days...

Here is the plan for the V Diet!
ATW Lean & Fit
Salmon Oil Pills
Flaxseed Oil Pills
Benefiber
Leviathan Reloaded/ DCP Stack
HIIT training plan 3 days a week
Lifitng program 4 days a week

Calories non-lifting should be around 1944, liftin days should be around 2332 calories... Mine will be a bit less then that...

Non-Lifting days 1825 calories

Servings
Meal 1
Lean & Fit 2
Natural Peanut Butter 1
Total Meal 1 3

Meal 2
Lean & Fit 2
Salmon Oil Pills 10
Total Meal 2 12

Meal 3
Lean & Fit 1
Flax Seed Oil Pills 10
Total Meal 3 11

Meal 4
Lean & Fit 2
Salmon Oil Pills 10
Total Meal 4 12

Meal 5
Lean & Fit 2
Flax Seed Oil Pills 10
Total Meal 5 12

Lifting days 2000 calories
Servings
Meal 1
Lean & Fit 2
Natural Peanut Butter 1
Total Meal 1 3

Meal 2
Lean & Fit 2
Salmon Oil Pills 10
Total Meal 2 12

Meal 3
Lean & Fit 2
Flax Seed Oil Pills 10
Total Meal 3 12

Meal 4
Lean & Fit 2
Salmon Oil Pills 10
Total Meal 4 12

Meal 5
Lean & Fit 2
Flax Seed Oil Pills 5
Total Meal 5 7

Thanks!

IRONPOPE

IRONPOPE

Awards
  • Established
I am finally sick and tired of my love handles and mediocre appearance, kind of embarrased to take the shirt off...

Well anyways, I am going to do the Velocity diet and try to drop 20lbs...and hopefully these damn love handles! I am 6'5" 295lbs at 23%bf... my goal after this velocity diet is 270-275lbs and <20%bf... then farther after my havoc/anabolic pump cycle My final goal is 285lbs and <18%bf, I will first do the velocity stack for 28 days, and then do the transition stage for 2-3 weeks, and then start my havoc/AP stack for 28-35 days...
I am on the Velocity diet now...well my slighty tweaked version of it. its so hard that its only for the most determined.

I think your training will take a severe hit... i cramp up really bad in the gym now... feels like rigamortis. no supp i take is really helping with the cramping either.. i just fight thru it

lost 8lbs the first week so far it works well but its B R U T A L !!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Good luck ox,.. keep the forum updated!!!

Bobby Lee

Awards
Good Lord that looks brutal. Keep this updated man!

Good luck.

oxman

Awards
I will keep y'all updated for sure I am going to start the Monday after thanksgiving! Getting all my supps and protien right now...

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
How detrimental is this to you guys muscle mass? it would seem that you'd be takin a pretty hard hit as far as that goes...

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Your V-Diet looks SOLID, man. STAY STRONG. Those first few days are the hardest. Don't worry, you will NOT be hungry. You will just have a craving to eat anything solid...DON'T GIVE IN. I hate saying it, but when you get that temptation for just a bit of broccoli or lettuce or something...skip it. Broccoli leads to a it of tuna...then maybe some whole wheat bread...and before you know it you are off the diet.

Stay strong man, PLEASE. Let me know when you are logging it so I can follow along.

As far as muscle loss, when I ran the V-Diet (psh, for 2 weeks), I lost no muscle. BF dropped 4% in 2 weeks. The training is VERY important. Keep the heart rate up as you are going, it'll work great.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
So this is a ketogenic diet with alot of whey?

oxman

Awards
LuckyKid... what kind of training did you do with the velocity diet?

Thanks for all the support guys... Ill start my log the first day I start my diet...

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
How detrimental is this to you guys muscle mass? it would seem that you'd be takin a pretty hard hit as far as that goes...
I didn't lose much muscle. I don't think I normally got 300 grams of protein in my diet. I actually made some gains with the diet for that very reason. I ended up losing 5 pounds in 2 weeks.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Thomas. It is not really ketogenic as you do take in carbs after your workouts. You always try to have glycogen stores in the muscle. The rule of thumb is to not go over 100g ANY day (apparently, including fiber...but I find this to be a bit flexible).

I found the best workouts to be every-other-day full body circuit training. However, I did my circuits in a rather unorthodox fashion...

I would do 3 circuits total. The first would be heavy weight and only 4 reps per set (this was to keep utilizing my muscle as much as possible and to keep growth hormone levels and metabolism boosted post workout). The second set would be a moderate weight for 10 reps (my classic builder set, mainly to induce a bit of a pump throughout the body). The third set would be 16 reps at a comfortable weight. Mainly for endurance and just to take a bit of time to keep the heart rate up.

The order of the circuit would be...
Squat
Incline Bench
Lunges (right foot forward then left foot forward)
Rear Military Press
Deadlift (sometimes this is too stressful after doing so many compound movements...if so either put it later in the circuit or do leg curls)
Barbell Curls
Leg Extensions
Tricep pushdown
Abs Circuit 15 reps during EACH circuit
Broomstick twist, crunches, leg raises

Customize it to you! I find the circuit training to be great...maybe I will run a bit of a velocity with you...maybe Velocity lite. Yeah, I'll log with yah pal...let's do this.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Oxman,

I will suffer through this diet with you to an extent. I can't go hardcore all the way do as I am running a Spawn cycle at the moment...and my gains are THROUGH THE ROOF! I can't be sacrificing my workouts...so I will be taking in 25g oats pre workout and 25g oats post workout. When are you ready to start? I can be good to go tomorrow. Try to let me know tonight so I can run out to taco bell for a last hurrah...which I strongly suggest for you as well, lol...

Edit:
I read that you plan on doing HIIT 3 times a week...I am not sure if this is going to be beneficial to your goals. While you are not in a true keto state, you are still low on the carbs through the whole plan except for post weight training. If your heart rate gets too high (into the anaerobic zone, 85-95%), you risk tapping into your protein stores for fuel as fat will not be oxidized quickly enough. I would suggest thinking about walking on a treadmill at an incline and having your heart rate about 65-70%. Maintain this for a bit of time and your results will be NUTS. But you know your body better than anyone here, so hit it either way!

oxman

Awards
Hey Lucky I cant start it till after thanksgiving... gotta get that meal in LOL, plus I am still at school so it would be hard... SO finish up your spawn and then we will start this **** up bro

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Good deal, pal. Keep me in touch for whenever you are ready. I work on cruise ships and head out on Dec.6th, so I will be able to hit it with you pretty easily, and even on the ship I will just convert to the lite plan. Keep it up pal.

kram

Awards
Edit:
I read that you plan on doing HIIT 3 times a week...I am not sure if this is going to be beneficial to your goals. While you are not in a true keto state, you are still low on the carbs through the whole plan except for post weight training. If your heart rate gets too high (into the anaerobic zone, 85-95%), you risk tapping into your protein stores for fuel as fat will not be oxidized quickly enough. I would suggest thinking about walking on a treadmill at an incline and having your heart rate about 65-70%. Maintain this for a bit of time and your results will be NUTS. But you know your body better than anyone here, so hit it either way!
I aggree with the above. I would highly suggest NOT doing HIIT on the V-Diet. The very low calories/carbs combined with your workout will take a lot of weight off you. The only cardio you really need on this diet is low intensity (treadmill at like 3.5 mph w/ an incline for like 30~40 mins)...or walk in the AM before breakfast.

I successfully did the V-diet for the full 28 days + the transition phase with very good results. Also did sort of a modified version of it. I would suggest BCAA's to preserve muscle on such low cal's. Might think about moving that Peanut Butter to your last shake of the day which will slow down the digestion of the L&F even more to keep your body fed thru the night.

Expect your month to go something like this:
1st week is hard. First few days you will have cravings, but they will subside. Just fight thru them.

2nd week you will start hating life & getting irritable (warn your spouse/GF/friends), but you will be so psyched from your weight loss in the first week (mostly water & glycogen) that you'll want to continue. You'll get more weight loss the 2nd week which will be good motivation.

3rd week is slightly less hard than the 2nd. Your shakes will become routine by week 3 & you'll likely appreciate the extra time you have since not preparing food. Fat loss might slow down.

4th week you'll be looking forward to getting done & eating again.

Honestly, the V-diet isn't all that hard. Just be super disciplined even if the weight loss slows down. Remember the transition phase is part of the diet & expect more fat loss, so do it right & enjoy your results! Take before & after pics/measurements....trust me, if you follow it strictly you'll be pleasantly surprised.

oxman

Awards
I need to study that transition phase a little more... do yall have any links to that? Thanks

And I wont do the HIIT, I will save that...Instead I will walk on the treadmill or bike... 60-70% right?

IRONPOPE

IRONPOPE

Awards
  • Established
HITT on the V-DIET? lol ok give it a shot.... just have the ambulance on stanby when your whole body locks with cramps

oxman

Awards
I said i was going to save it...Thanks for the positive comment!

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Its basically a liquid starvation diet with lots of protein. Six casein shakes a day with fiber and some essential fats.
I'd probably wind up adding whatever fats or other foods in with the protein shakes and making something solid.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Thomas. It is not really ketogenic as you do take in carbs after your workouts. You always try to have glycogen stores in the muscle. The rule of thumb is to not go over 100g ANY day (apparently, including fiber...but I find this to be a bit flexible).

I found the best workouts to be every-other-day full body circuit training. However, I did my circuits in a rather unorthodox fashion...

I would do 3 circuits total. The first would be heavy weight and only 4 reps per set (this was to keep utilizing my muscle as much as possible and to keep growth hormone levels and metabolism boosted post workout). The second set would be a moderate weight for 10 reps (my classic builder set, mainly to induce a bit of a pump throughout the body). The third set would be 16 reps at a comfortable weight. Mainly for endurance and just to take a bit of time to keep the heart rate up.

Squat
Incline Bench
Rear Military Press
Deadlift (sometimes this is too stressful after doing so many compound movements...if so either put it later in the circuit or do leg curls)
Barbell Curls
Leg Extensions
Tricep pushdown

Customize it to you! I find the circuit training to be great...maybe I will run a bit of a velocity with you...maybe Velocity lite. Yeah, I'll log with yah pal...let's do this.
So like a TKD diet. You aim to have a certain amount of glycogen by carb consumption post workout.

Could you guys answer a few questions for me?

What would you rate the difficulty of the diet?
How do you rate the results?
How would you rate the results against the difficulty?

kram

Awards
I need to study that transition phase a little more... do yall have any links to that? Thanks

And I wont do the HIIT, I will save that...Instead I will walk on the treadmill or bike... 60-70% right?
This should help: Transition Phase

Yeah I just walked outside every AM before breakfast for like 30~60 minutes. If you walk inside on the treadmill, just use a little incline & go at like 3.5 mph (don't hold the siderails). You could do the elliptical/bike etc. Remember, you will be in an extreme calorie deficit so save the high/moderate intensity cardio for after the transition phase when calories increase & you'll do great.

kram

Awards
Could you guys answer a few questions for me?
I would first say this...having done it; I don't necessarily recommend the V-Diet vs. eating a healthy clean diet w/ a calorie deficit to lose fat. If a person does not know how to eat clean before the V-Diet, afterwards they may go back to their bad habits & put the fat right back on.

Having said that; you might do the V-Diet for other reasons, such has breaking cravings, challenging yourself mentally, or to jumpstart a fat loss phase etc.

What would you rate the difficulty of the diet?
On a scale of 1 to 10 w/ 10 being hardest, I would say 6~7'ish.

I did not have a difficult time sticking to my shakes. They tasted really good. I did some different combo's of protein. I did a mix of Whey/Casein from ATW, I used True Protein TeamSkip & ATW's Lean & Fit.

It's probably harder mentally than physically since you're just not eating. Plus it can be a challenge socially if your spouse/gf wants to go out or family/friends invite you over & you have to bring your shake & they're all enjoying pizza. Just have to be determined mentally to stick with it...it's only for a month.

How do you rate the results?
10 out of 10.

I don't remember exactly how much I lost (13~17 lbs or so & a few more during the transition)...not as much as some doing the diet. But the results were almost triple what I would lose on a normal calorie deficit diet in the same time frame. In addition I lost inches off my waist line, in my face & around my neck. People noticed that right away. I've had to buy a lot of new clothes & get all my suits taken in.

How would you rate the results against the difficulty?
I've said it before...but I didn't find it terribly difficult, just maybe a little inconvenient at times. The results to me was more than just in the numbers...it was a great challenge mentally & helped me gain discipline over some bad diet habits.

It helped me jumpstart a fat loss regimen that I've kept going with a healthy diet. I've gone from 217 to 183...since 2/08 to 9/08. I have since tried to gain a few lbs back & am up to 191. Come Feb I'll be cutting again & want to get my bf% in the low teens....maybe even 10% if I can.

As I mentioned at the beginning tho...the V-Diet is not a replacement for clean eating & is by no means a long-term solution to fat loss.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Squat
Incline Bench
Rear Military Press
Barbell Curls
Leg Extensions
Tricep pushdown

Yeahh this is almost exactly how I train. Especially when I am on a recomp / cut. It really boosts the metabolism and also prevents catabolism since you are hitting each muscle so often. I typically switch up each excercise from each session though but try to stick to power moves and compounds.

I'm going on the V-diet for the first time soon, for 2-3 weeks...transitioning from a ketogenic diet. Should be easier this way. As is, I only eat 1-2 solid meals per day now, the rest of the meals are casein shakes with EFA's and MCT's (fish oil and coconut oil) and those conveneint 'mega greens' packs mixed in that's full of nutritious goodness and probiotics. I think one of the most important things is to also make sure to take enzymes and a solid dose of betain HCL (as much as you can handle). I take these with all my shakes and meals, as well as taking Gut Health daily.

I'll be doing fullbody circuit training, cardio on my off days and fasted morning cardio whenever I can. I'm on the right supps to prevent overtraining though (on TRT, TD 7-Keto, + sublingual DHEA, lots of potassium + magnesium + zinc, and even more water). Taking Swell before fasted cardio as well.

Should be an interesting time lol..

edit: I should also not forget to mention MST's CRE02!! It's been great to keep endurance up! A big plus with this type of training. MST has such a great line of products. I am also taking their MVP/ZMK.

Last edited:
nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Good thread for anyone interested in this diet,.. lots of good, useful, info!!!

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Thomas, Kram said it all. The only thing I would expand on a bit more is the "breaking bad habits" and "overcoming cravings." You end up substituting your cravings for crap foods with cravings for SOLID foods. After my first week I just really started craving broccoli...nothing else!

It is really good as a "reset" diet, and once again, is in NO WAY a long term diet. 28 days with a transition phase. And I like how gutterpump throws in those veggie things...good idea to make sure you get all of your nutrients.

oxman

Awards
TOMORROW IT STARTS... I finally have enough time to start and run this diet!

I CANT WAIT TO LOSE THESE ****ING LOVE HANDLES!

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Oxman, do you have your current bodyfat percentage or any stats you can give us?

PLEASE do not take this the wrong way, the V-Diet WILL work when implemented seriously. Just know, that body transformation in the long term does take time and patience. What I am saying is, love handles may not completely disappear over the course of 4 weeks, but you will certainly see positive changes. The V-Diet does not take someone is over 20%bf and give them kill abs in 4 weeks, but it can truly jumpstart a fat burning process.

oxman

Awards
Thats what I am trying to do... then I will revamp using my havoc stack... so hopefully that will continue the fat loss process...

BF% 23%
Weight 296
Height 6'5"

I will get some measurements tomm...

oxman

Awards
Welp, first day is under my belt...

I am getting hunger headaches as I type.

My measurements are:
Arm (unflexed) upper- 17in
Leg (Unflexed) upper- 29in
Chest- 48
Lovehandles- 43

Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
1. i'm thinking about running this too man, you got this, stay in there.
2. Are lean and fit shakes the best tasting blend you've found for this diet? Because I'm trying to find something I actually enjoy, maybe make some sludge instead of shakes for some of the meals.

oxman

Awards
they arent bad... the first two I used a blender and they frothed up like a motha and it was hard to swallow... after that I just used a hand held blender thing and it made them nice and smoothe, actually wasnt bad...

kldd22

Awards
how many mg's of flax seed/ fish oil are you taking per day?

oxman

Awards
I am taking 12 fishoil pills and 12 flaxseed oil pills... fish oil are 500mg each...

Day 2 down, easier than yesterday...

Weight as of 2 minutes ago: 283lbs... as of this morning I lost an inch off of everything... A lot of water I am sure

oxman

Awards
Weight as of 11am... 280lbs...measurements this morning are all the same.

Once I get to 265-270 I am done, and will start the transition phase where I plan to stay the same or maybe even loose a couple more

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I am off work this week and next week. I think I'll give this V-diet a try for 2 weeks... I wonder how much fat I'll drop...

Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
Hey man, update on your status? I'm thinking about running this starting January 7th(when I get back to school and away from home cooked meals). Since I just had surgery and haven't worked out(allowed to start again in a week, total of 2 weeks) I'm going to see how my max stats are for 1 week, then I'll run the diet. I'm not way up in bodyfat, but I definitely have put on more fat than could have been avoided.

I want to run it not only for fat loss, but for discipline as well. I want to challenge myself, as well as maybe kick some bad habits I got back into down at home. I'll watch this thread closely and start my log in a couple weeks. Good luck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Whisky Weight Loss 10
Weight Loss 2
Weight Loss 1
Weight Loss 0
Rhyno Workout Logs 49