Velocity Diet! I Think I am going to do it!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by LuckyKid57 View Post
    Thomas. It is not really ketogenic as you do take in carbs after your workouts. You always try to have glycogen stores in the muscle. The rule of thumb is to not go over 100g ANY day (apparently, including fiber...but I find this to be a bit flexible).

I found the best workouts to be every-other-day full body circuit training. However, I did my circuits in a rather unorthodox fashion...

I would do 3 circuits total. The first would be heavy weight and only 4 reps per set (this was to keep utilizing my muscle as much as possible and to keep growth hormone levels and metabolism boosted post workout). The second set would be a moderate weight for 10 reps (my classic builder set, mainly to induce a bit of a pump throughout the body). The third set would be 16 reps at a comfortable weight. Mainly for endurance and just to take a bit of time to keep the heart rate up.

The order of the circuit would be...
    Squat
    Incline Bench
    Lunges (right foot forward then left foot forward)
    Rear Military Press
    Deadlift (sometimes this is too stressful after doing so many compound movements...if so either put it later in the circuit or do leg curls)
    Barbell Curls
    Leg Extensions
    Tricep pushdown
    Abs Circuit 15 reps during EACH circuit
    Broomstick twist, crunches, leg raises

Customize it to you! I find the circuit training to be great...maybe I will run a bit of a velocity with you...maybe Velocity lite. Yeah, I'll log with yah pal...let's do this.

Yeahh this is almost exactly how I train. Especially when I am on a recomp / cut. It really boosts the metabolism and also prevents catabolism since you are hitting each muscle so often. I typically switch up each excercise from each session though but try to stick to power moves and compounds.

I'm going on the V-diet for the first time soon, for 2-3 weeks...transitioning from a ketogenic diet. Should be easier this way. As is, I only eat 1-2 solid meals per day now, the rest of the meals are casein shakes with EFA's and MCT's (fish oil and coconut oil) and those conveneint 'mega greens' packs mixed in that's full of nutritious goodness and probiotics. I think one of the most important things is to also make sure to take enzymes and a solid dose of betain HCL (as much as you can handle). I take these with all my shakes and meals, as well as taking Gut Health daily.

I'll be doing fullbody circuit training, cardio on my off days and fasted morning cardio whenever I can. I'm on the right supps to prevent overtraining though (on TRT, TD 7-Keto, + sublingual DHEA, lots of potassium + magnesium + zinc, and even more water). Taking Swell before fasted cardio as well.

Should be an interesting time lol..

edit: I should also not forget to mention MST's CRE02!! It's been great to keep endurance up! A big plus with this type of training. MST has such a great line of products. I am also taking their MVP/ZMK.
    Last edited by Gutterpump; 11-18-2008 at 10:09 AM.

2. Good thread for anyone interested in this diet,.. lots of good, useful, info!!!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
    •   

3. Thomas, Kram said it all. The only thing I would expand on a bit more is the "breaking bad habits" and "overcoming cravings." You end up substituting your cravings for crap foods with cravings for SOLID foods. After my first week I just really started craving broccoli...nothing else!

It is really good as a "reset" diet, and once again, is in NO WAY a long term diet. 28 days with a transition phase. And I like how gutterpump throws in those veggie things...good idea to make sure you get all of your nutrients.

4. TOMORROW IT STARTS... I finally have enough time to start and run this diet!

I CANT WAIT TO LOSE THESE ****ING LOVE HANDLES!

5. Oxman, do you have your current bodyfat percentage or any stats you can give us?

PLEASE do not take this the wrong way, the V-Diet WILL work when implemented seriously. Just know, that body transformation in the long term does take time and patience. What I am saying is, love handles may not completely disappear over the course of 4 weeks, but you will certainly see positive changes. The V-Diet does not take someone is over 20%bf and give them kill abs in 4 weeks, but it can truly jumpstart a fat burning process.
    •   

6. Thats what I am trying to do... then I will revamp using my havoc stack... so hopefully that will continue the fat loss process...

BF% 23%
    Weight 296
    Height 6'5"

I will get some measurements tomm...

7. Welp, first day is under my belt...

I am getting hunger headaches as I type.

My measurements are:
    Arm (unflexed) upper- 17in
    Leg (Unflexed) upper- 29in
    Chest- 48
    Lovehandles- 43

8. 1. i'm thinking about running this too man, you got this, stay in there.
    2. Are lean and fit shakes the best tasting blend you've found for this diet? Because I'm trying to find something I actually enjoy, maybe make some sludge instead of shakes for some of the meals.

9. they arent bad... the first two I used a blender and they frothed up like a motha and it was hard to swallow... after that I just used a hand held blender thing and it made them nice and smoothe, actually wasnt bad...

10. Subbed.

11. how many mg's of flax seed/ fish oil are you taking per day?

12. I am taking 12 fishoil pills and 12 flaxseed oil pills... fish oil are 500mg each...

Day 2 down, easier than yesterday...

Weight as of 2 minutes ago: 283lbs... as of this morning I lost an inch off of everything... A lot of water I am sure

13. Weight as of 11am... 280lbs...measurements this morning are all the same.

Once I get to 265-270 I am done, and will start the transition phase where I plan to stay the same or maybe even loose a couple more

14. I am off work this week and next week. I think I'll give this V-diet a try for 2 weeks... I wonder how much fat I'll drop...

15. Hey man, update on your status? I'm thinking about running this starting January 7th(when I get back to school and away from home cooked meals). Since I just had surgery and haven't worked out(allowed to start again in a week, total of 2 weeks) I'm going to see how my max stats are for 1 week, then I'll run the diet. I'm not way up in bodyfat, but I definitely have put on more fat than could have been avoided.

I want to run it not only for fat loss, but for discipline as well. I want to challenge myself, as well as maybe kick some bad habits I got back into down at home. I'll watch this thread closely and start my log in a couple weeks. Good luck.

16. I'm interested in an update too
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. OK OTC PCT going to do it
    By mixedup in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 11:05 PM
  2. I'm going to do it...
    By Maxwell600 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 03:36 PM
  3. Think I am Ready to Start 2nd Cycle??
    By Chemist63 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 04:37 PM
  4. Here is what I am going to do to make 1-test cyp
    By SeaHawk22 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 02:42 PM