Refeed day meals...

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.35%

Refeed day meals...

Alright so I'm pretty sure I've done everything right so far acoording to this article Carbing Up on the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet by Lyle McDonald and my low carb diet. However, I was wondering about eating after my carb up meal that came an hour and a half after the post workout shake...Weird sentence I know....

I literally stuffed my face on that meal after my post workout shake--probably around 1200 calories, pretty much all good carbs, with a few sugars. Now I'm still feeling fuller than I've been in a LoooonG time. Should I just eat through it on my next meal or wait until I feel like it's had more time to digest?(So far it's been 2 and a half hours since my last meal) I'm planning on having 2 cups of oatmeal and a scoop of whey for this meal. Can anyone shed any light?? Thanks!

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.71%

Wait for a non-nub to reply, but I am thinking you should wait for it to be a little more digested, so prolly a half hour to an hour more. If you should eat every 2-3 hours, then you'd be up to 3 or 3 1/2 hours, but I dunno if that goes out the window for recarbing period <_<
    It also doesn't matter if you eat all your carbs in 1 meal, or in 15, so that might come into play also O_o
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.58%

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFury View Post
    Wait for a non-nub to reply, but I am thinking you should wait for it to be a little more digested, so prolly a half hour to an hour more. If you should eat every 2-3 hours, then you'd be up to 3 or 3 1/2 hours, but I dunno if that goes out the window for recarbing period <_<
    It also doesn't matter if you eat all your carbs in 1 meal, or in 15, so that might come into play also O_o

When I carb-up I tend to have to force myself to eat. I usually do this at the 3-4 hr mark when I feel my blood sugar starting to drop. Personally, I wouldn't go longer than 4 hrs without eating.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.09%

When you feel too stuffed into ingest food products on a carb up you get some sort of liquid instead. Dextrose or malodextrin if you have it, can even mix the powders in with kool aid or iced tea, whatever you like. I wouldn't eat everything in one big concentrated bulk meal, keep it every few hours.

How many carbs are you going through on your carb load?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.35%

Well I was aiming for around 550 grams yesterday, I think i got pretty close, but I didn't have any liquid carbs, just solids. I feel bloated today, is that normal? Sort of like one of those I regret what I ate after a bigg meal hah.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.51%

I drink gatorade between meals. I don't like it though. Oh yeah and make sure you are getting enough fiber.

Similar Forum Threads

1. UD 2.0 refeed and T3
    By soontobbeast in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 04:04 PM
  2. CKD refeed
    By soontobbeast in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 06:59 PM
  3. Refeed W/O carbs.
    By Omen in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14