velocity diet - fish oil and protein questions

walugi

walugi

Awards
Hi guys, just some quick questions about the velocity diet. I want to test my mettle and see if I could go through with this diet. But I have a little confusion about it

1. How many fish oil caps do I need to take a day? If I take more then 3-4 I start to get instant pimples on my face. I see some people taking 15 a day, that's pretty much impossible for me. Are there any alternatives?

2. T-nation is such a biotest whore. But I don't want to buy 13 tubs of some over priced protein that has micellar casein. I've 3kg of WPI and 3kg of WPC natural, unflavoured whey. Will this do as a substitute?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
For fish oil, I say go liquid.
You get more fish oil per serving, and it's much easier to deal with. The liquids are usually flavored too so there's no issue with repeat. 1 tsp of the liquid I take replaces 3-4 softgels.

As for protein, I suppose they're saying casein because it may be more filling and serve you better before bedtime. I say try it, the worst thing that happens is that you quick 4 days in like me. I couldn't tough out that diet bro, good luck to you.

GXbcmFTO

Awards
All the Whey has Lean & Fit, 5lbs for $32.99 @ Nutraplanet, it is also a 50/50 blend of Casein/Whey. I do agree that the Biotest Metabolic Drive Low Carb is retardedly expensive!

~GX

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I used 1 scoop Casein, 1 scoop Whey.

As far as alternatives to fish oil, you could add the equivalent in Olive Oil to a shake.

walugi

walugi

Awards
The problem with the fish oil is not that I can't ingest them, it's after a certain amount of fish oil i just start to get pimples :(

I'm in australia so I can't get any of your cheap US protein goodness. I might try to buy some casein in australia, but I doubt there are any good prices around.

Can't i just take WPC? It's more filling then WPI right?

Anyhow i'll keep the olive oil idea in mind :)

I might start it in a week or so and i'll report back on how it goes. Don't know how long i'll be able to keep it up for, with my unfilling protein and all :p

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
The problem with the fish oil is not that I can't ingest them, it's after a certain amount of fish oil i just start to get pimples :(

I'm in australia so I can't get any of your cheap US protein goodness. I might try to buy some casein in australia, but I doubt there are any good prices around.

Can't i just take WPC? It's more filling then WPI right?

Anyhow i'll keep the olive oil idea in mind :)

I might start it in a week or so and i'll report back on how it goes. Don't know how long i'll be able to keep it up for, with my unfilling protein and all :p

Whey alone will not cut it. Lots of people have tried it without success. You need casein of some kind, otherwise you won't have a satiated feeling, which will kill you after the first few days.

walugi

walugi

Awards
Ah I see, I'll definitely try to get some then.

Thanks again :)

edit: I just had a look and I can get some of ON's Casein $60/1kg. I might try and do a day with just WPC and see how I feel. If I think I can tide myself over with the help of casein then ill get some. Other then that, it'd be too expensive to buy casein in Aus.

I buy the rest of my protein in bulk, and for $60 I can get 3kg of WPC :( Damn

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Ah I see, I'll definitely try to get some then.

Thanks again :)

edit: I just had a look and I can get some of ON's Casein $60/1kg. I might try and do a day with just WPC and see how I feel. If I think I can tide myself over with the help of casein then ill get some. Other then that, it'd be too expensive to buy casein in Aus.

I buy the rest of my protein in bulk, and for $60 I can get 3kg of WPC :( Damn
Wow, thats expensive. Look into maybe egg protein or anything other than whey. Whey is good post workout, but not a meal replacement.

walugi

walugi

Awards
Jeez, I don't even know where I can buy that. I see 90% whey, and 10% micellar casein.

I guess soy is bad right?

crazym

Awards
maybe try syntrax 5.0 if you can get it, or dymatize 12 hour, im over your side of the world (nz) and can get quite a few things at decent prices.

crazym

Awards
yeah like that, its a multi protein blend, does have a small amount of soy protein but its pretty minimal. Tastes good and mixes thick, imo anyway.

walugi

walugi

Awards
is that a pretty average price for what you get in NZ?

Have you been using it for meal replacement too/

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys, just some quick questions about the velocity diet. I want to test my mettle and see if I could go through with this diet. But I have a little confusion about it

1. How many fish oil caps do I need to take a day? If I take more then 3-4 I start to get instant pimples on my face. I see some people taking 15 a day, that's pretty much impossible for me. Are there any alternatives?

2. T-nation is such a biotest whore. But I don't want to buy 13 tubs of some over priced protein that has micellar casein. I've 3kg of WPI and 3kg of WPC natural, unflavoured whey. Will this do as a substitute?

I emailed the person on t nation who promotes this diet and told him that i have a dairy allergy and can not do the milk based proteins, would this be OK? HE wrote back in all caps, if you cant use the products stated in the diet dont do it because it wont work.. HAHA

You can use any combo of whey isolate and casein or use xtreme formulations ultra peptide 2.0

walugi

walugi

Awards
does it matter if the casein is micellar casein or calcium caseinate?

BifWebster

Awards
All the Whey has Lean & Fit, 5lbs for $32.99 @ Nutraplanet, it is also a 50/50 blend of Casein/Whey. I do agree that the Biotest Metabolic Drive Low Carb is retardedly expensive!

~GX
Got me excited about that protein.
But no, there is no casein in there.
Its whey protein isolate and fiber.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Why are you doing the velocity diet at your height and weight? Aren't you small enough already?

walugi

walugi

Awards
Do you ever post anything useful in this section? The breadth of your knowledge seems to stem at 'don't bother' and peak at 'i can do it better'. I would say most of it falls under the umbrella of either attention seeking, or inflammatory.

I understand your complex must be difficult to control, but maybe you should just try just a little bit harder. Or actually post something useful, you know it works for everyone else on this board.

I'll humour your question, pathetic as it may be. Which diet I choose to follow, or ask about is my business. I feel that I should lose some fat, and I have a period of time to myself with as little distraction as possible before I move onto working full time with a hectic schedule of commuting and try to impress the boss so I can get a graduate job. I want to try something new, and I've read that fat inhibits testosterone. Of course everyone knows it's just generally bad for you.

If i don't do the diet now, then I will just start CKD. The issue is, I want to give it a go. and I am only inquiring about the details of it now. So take your useless posts somewhere else.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Do you ever post anything useful in this section? The breadth of your knowledge seems to stem at 'don't bother' and peak at 'i can do it better'. I would say most of it falls under the umbrella of either attention seeking, or inflammatory.

I understand your complex must be difficult to control, but maybe you should just try just a little bit harder. Or actually post something useful, you know it works for everyone else on this board.

I'll humour your question, pathetic as it may be. Which diet I choose to follow, or ask about is my business. I feel that I should lose some fat, and I have a period of time to myself with as little distraction as possible before I move onto working full time with a hectic schedule of commuting and try to impress the boss so I can get a graduate job. I want to try something new, and I've read that fat inhibits testosterone. Of course everyone knows it's just generally bad for you.

If i don't do the diet now, then I will just start CKD. The issue is, I want to give it a go. and I am only inquiring about the details of it now. So take your useless posts somewhere else.
Jesus H. Christ. You could have just said that. Do you want me to fedex you some tampons? I apologies if my inquiries about to your plan aren't soft or pleasant enough for you.

walugi

walugi

Awards
Jesus H. Christ. You could have just said that. Do you want me to fedex you some tampons? I apologies if my inquiries about to your plan aren't soft or pleasant enough for you.
You can try but that would result in 2 things

1. Cost of fedex to australia for something an heavy as tampons probably $30 atleast
2. chances of customs detaining it for 3 weeks 95%

Apology accepted.

Anyway, is there any point in trying this if i cant take in that much fish oil?

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
Whey alone will not cut it. Lots of people have tried it without success. You need casein of some kind, otherwise you won't have a satiated feeling, which will kill you after the first few days.
i thought the same thing as you, but everywhere I read (well flex, MD, muscle fitness) says contrary to intuition:

casein does not make you feel full, whey does.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
i thought the same thing as you, but everywhere I read (well flex, MD, muscle fitness) says contrary to intuition:

casein does not make you feel full, whey does.
Well, I did the diet for two weeks. I can tell you that in my experience whey will not fill you up. You need casein and fiber supplementation.

Where in those magazines did you read that whey fills you up better than casein?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Whisky Weight Loss 10
Weight Loss 2
Weight Loss 1
Weight Loss 0
Rhyno Workout Logs 49