Low carb diet

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Low carb diet


    Okay so I am gonna do no carb for about a month or two and then slowly increase carbs back to current level. I take muscle milk lite(until starting diet), multivitamin, fish oil, coconut oil, zma and bromocriptine to lower my prolactin. I am thinking about adding a calcium supplement. My question is this with low to no carbs what else should I do since there will be less calcium, no sugar, more fat........in my diet. Is the fish oil enough to keep cholesterol in check? I have low testosterone, but I think that it would be better to do this and lose weight.


  2. Sorry I posted twice
    •   
       


  3. I'm not sure if Bromo plus a low carb diet would be the best choice. I know that it can cause hypogycemia so combining it with a no carb diet might be problematic. I haven't used it before so I don't have a definative answer for you. Just feel it out and if you get too hypo, then stop the bromo. You could always add P-5-P and/or mucana but it probably won't be as effective at reducing prolactin. Perhaps some with a little more experience with bromo could chime in.

  4. Try UD 2.0
    Low carb for a long time is retarded as the person doing it.
    You'll lose to much muscle and feel like ****.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by wrasslin116 View Post
    Try UD 2.0
    Low carb for a long time is retarded as the person doing it.
    You'll lose to much muscle and feel like ****.
    take it easy there, hotrod. dude's only got a slight problem here. running no carb for that long will be problematic, though.

    i'd say that you do what is called "carb cycling." one high day, next mid day, next low day, followed by one/two no days. and then repeat. i've never used this method, but i can bet it works, as i've seen people use it with results.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by jon671 View Post
    Okay so I am gonna do no carb for about a month or two and then slowly increase carbs back to current level. I take muscle milk lite(until starting diet), multivitamin, fish oil, coconut oil, zma and bromocriptine to lower my prolactin. I am thinking about adding a calcium supplement. My question is this with low to no carbs what else should I do since there will be less calcium, no sugar, more fat........in my diet. Is the fish oil enough to keep cholesterol in check? I have low testosterone, but I think that it would be better to do this and lose weight.
    Do a search on the Anabolic Diet. It may be a better fit for you.

    As far as cholesterol, mine got better on the AD, which is low carb, high fat. I think the link between sat fat and cholesterol may be a myth, at least for me.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by wrasslin116 View Post
    Try UD 2.0
    Low carb for a long time is retarded as the person doing it.
    You'll lose to much muscle and feel like ****.
    Your 16 STFU

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Manimalia View Post
    take it easy there, hotrod. dude's only got a slight problem here. running no carb for that long will be problematic, though.

    i'd say that you do what is called "carb cycling." one high day, next mid day, next low day, followed by one/two no days. and then repeat. i've never used this method, but i can bet it works, as i've seen people use it with results.
    Thanks brah will try.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Do a search on the Anabolic Diet. It may be a better fit for you.

    As far as cholesterol, mine got better on the AD, which is low carb, high fat. I think the link between sat fat and cholesterol may be a myth, at least for me.
    I think I might try the carb cycling or maybe atkins. Last time I started atkins and then just kept in ketosis with no carbs. I lost 75 pounds and my muscles got bigger. Thanks

  10. Does anyone have any thoughts on the fact that I take bromo and want to do low carb?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by wrasslin116 View Post
    Try UD 2.0
    Low carb for a long time is retarded as the person doing it.
    You'll lose to much muscle and feel like ****.
    not true, lil guy

  12. Quote Originally Posted by jon671 View Post
    Okay so I am gonna do no carb for about a month or two and then slowly increase carbs back to current level. I take muscle milk lite(until starting diet), multivitamin, fish oil, coconut oil, zma and bromocriptine to lower my prolactin. I am thinking about adding a calcium supplement. My question is this with low to no carbs what else should I do since there will be less calcium, no sugar, more fat........in my diet. Is the fish oil enough to keep cholesterol in check? I have low testosterone, but I think that it would be better to do this and lose weight.
    Go ahead and add some calcium citrate, about 1000mg will be fine.

    that's fine with the whey, multi, etc.... don't take calcium 1-2 hours before or 1-2 hours after ZMA, Calcium inhibits the absorption of zinc.

    Cholesterol is not gonna be an issue, it actually improves for most people on a low carb diet.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by wrasslin116 View Post
    Try UD 2.0
    Low carb for a long time is retarded as the person doing it.
    You'll lose to much muscle and feel like ****.

  14. Thanks

  15. why don't people just eat more vegetables???

  16. We like teh protein!!!!!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by jon671 View Post
    We like teh protein!!!!!
    Bcuz they taste like teh poopz

  18. teh poopz?

  19. Teh poopz.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    I'm not sure if Bromo plus a low carb diet would be the best choice. I know that it can cause hypogycemia so combining it with a no carb diet might be problematic. I haven't used it before so I don't have a definative answer for you. Just feel it out and if you get too hypo, then stop the bromo. You could always add P-5-P and/or mucana but it probably won't be as effective at reducing prolactin. Perhaps some with a little more experience with bromo could chime in.
    Dead on. That's the biggest problem with combining it with a low carb diet. Thats pretty much all i've seem written about use while on a low carb diet. Best way to combat that would be to increase carb intake through the day and partition usage during times around blood sugar drops.

  21. don't people take bromo to increase their insulin sensitivity??? If you are doing low carbs, you should end up with a really high insulin sensitivity anyways. The only place I could see it helping is on refeed days if you decide to implement them

  22. Quote Originally Posted by BiggerGeek View Post
    don't people take bromo to increase their insulin sensitivity??? If you are doing low carbs, you should end up with a really high insulin sensitivity anyways. The only place I could see it helping is on refeed days if you decide to implement them
    I take bromo to lower prolactin. Trying to raise testosterone if it doesn't do it on the next blood test I am gonna stop taking it.

  23. P5P and chast berry with Ldopa to lower prolactin, ditch the bromocriptine

    as for the diet low carb is the way to go,

    fats from your EFAs fish chicken red meat olive oil macadamia nut oil,

    do a refeed meal 1 time a week on that same day and time every week.

    low intensity cardio,

    low volume training with high intensity and no longer then 1 hour in the gym (unless u do cardio.)

    take mulit, and calcium+D fiber supps inbetween meals (not with a fatty acid supplement)

    veggies should be limited as they will keep bulk in your stomach and keep it streched, (dont have more then 2 servings a day)

    this is a great outline for a keto (being a nutrition makor i still shouldnt be telling you how to do it lol, but if i said it wont work id be lying just like the ADA)

    soooo any other questions.? did i cover eveything?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    P5P and chast berry with Ldopa to lower prolactin, ditch the bromocriptine

    as for the diet low carb is the way to go,

    fats from your EFAs fish chicken red meat olive oil macadamia nut oil,

    do a refeed meal 1 time a week on that same day and time every week.

    low intensity cardio,

    low volume training with high intensity and no longer then 1 hour in the gym (unless u do cardio.)

    take mulit, and calcium+D fiber supps inbetween meals (not with a fatty acid supplement)

    veggies should be limited as they will keep bulk in your stomach and keep it streched, (dont have more then 2 servings a day)

    this is a great outline for a keto (being a nutrition makor i still shouldnt be telling you how to do it lol, but if i said it wont work id be lying just like the ADA)

    soooo any other questions.? did i cover eveything?
    Thanks I appreciate it. I am going to try CKD for a month and see what happens. I downloaded a excel spreadsheet from this forum and determined my dietary needs, but what about the workout routine. I started a routine a while ago and it is working I might just continue the same routine. You say only have one refeed meal, but the CKD plan says one and a half days of carbs. I know intake is limited during this time. I want to try this and then slowly raise healthy carb intake. I take fish oil, ZMA, bromo, and a multivitamin. I am going to drop the bromo and add calcium+D and fiber supps. Like you recommended.
    Thoughts?

  25. Okay well I just got back from vitamin world and the grocery store. I got enough food for about two weeks of CKD. My new stack is this Fish oil 3x a day w each main meal, Multivitamin 1x in the morning and bone care w Calcium, vitamins d and k 1x in the morning. I dropped the ZMA and instead I bought separate bottles of Zinc, Magnesium, and B-6 I am going to take one of each at night with 1tbsp coconut oil. Is it okay to take the coconut oil while on CKD? Is there anything else that can help keep my heart healthy? I am also thinking about adding creatine.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Glucophase XR and Low Carb Diet
    By hognose in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 01:40 AM
  2. low carb diet
    By xarmyguy26 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 08:03 PM
  3. arginine on low carb diets
    By cromesta in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2004, 10:39 PM
  4. Do all low-carb diets rely on ketosis for results?
    By Gaf Knee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 08:04 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-15-2003, 07:56 AM
Log in
Log in