Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

Low carb diet

Okay so I am gonna do no carb for about a month or two and then slowly increase carbs back to current level. I take muscle milk lite(until starting diet), multivitamin, fish oil, coconut oil, zma and bromocriptine to lower my prolactin. I am thinking about adding a calcium supplement. My question is this with low to no carbs what else should I do since there will be less calcium, no sugar, more fat........in my diet. Is the fish oil enough to keep cholesterol in check? I have low testosterone, but I think that it would be better to do this and lose weight.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

Sorry I posted twice
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.05%

I'm not sure if Bromo plus a low carb diet would be the best choice. I know that it can cause hypogycemia so combining it with a no carb diet might be problematic. I haven't used it before so I don't have a definative answer for you. Just feel it out and if you get too hypo, then stop the bromo. You could always add P-5-P and/or mucana but it probably won't be as effective at reducing prolactin. Perhaps some with a little more experience with bromo could chime in.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.18%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Try UD 2.0
    Low carb for a long time is retarded as the person doing it.
    You'll lose to much muscle and feel like ****.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.6%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by wrasslin116 View Post
    Try UD 2.0
    take it easy there, hotrod. dude's only got a slight problem here. running no carb for that long will be problematic, though.

i'd say that you do what is called "carb cycling." one high day, next mid day, next low day, followed by one/two no days. and then repeat. i've never used this method, but i can bet it works, as i've seen people use it with results.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jon671 View Post
    Okay so I am gonna do no carb for about a month or two and then slowly increase carbs back to current level. I take muscle milk lite(until starting diet), multivitamin, fish oil, coconut oil, zma and bromocriptine to lower my prolactin. I am thinking about adding a calcium supplement. My question is this with low to no carbs what else should I do since there will be less calcium, no sugar, more fat........in my diet. Is the fish oil enough to keep cholesterol in check? I have low testosterone, but I think that it would be better to do this and lose weight.
    Do a search on the Anabolic Diet. It may be a better fit for you.

As far as cholesterol, mine got better on the AD, which is low carb, high fat. I think the link between sat fat and cholesterol may be a myth, at least for me.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

Try UD 2.0
    Your 16 STFU
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

Quote Originally Posted by Manimalia View Post
    take it easy there, hotrod. dude's only got a slight problem here. running no carb for that long will be problematic, though.

i'd say that you do what is called "carb cycling." one high day, next mid day, next low day, followed by one/two no days. and then repeat. i've never used this method, but i can bet it works, as i've seen people use it with results.
    Thanks brah will try.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Do a search on the Anabolic Diet. It may be a better fit for you.

As far as cholesterol, mine got better on the AD, which is low carb, high fat. I think the link between sat fat and cholesterol may be a myth, at least for me.
    I think I might try the carb cycling or maybe atkins. Last time I started atkins and then just kept in ketosis with no carbs. I lost 75 pounds and my muscles got bigger. Thanks
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

Does anyone have any thoughts on the fact that I take bromo and want to do low carb?
  11. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.91%

Try UD 2.0
    not true, lil guy
  12. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Go ahead and add some calcium citrate, about 1000mg will be fine.

that's fine with the whey, multi, etc.... don't take calcium 1-2 hours before or 1-2 hours after ZMA, Calcium inhibits the absorption of zinc.

Cholesterol is not gonna be an issue, it actually improves for most people on a low carb diet.
  13. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Try UD 2.0
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

Thanks
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.76%

why don't people just eat more vegetables???
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

We like teh protein!!!!!
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.5%

We like teh protein!!!!!
    Bcuz they taste like teh poopz
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.76%

teh poopz?
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

Teh poopz.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.62%

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    I'm not sure if Bromo plus a low carb diet would be the best choice. I know that it can cause hypogycemia so combining it with a no carb diet might be problematic. I haven't used it before so I don't have a definative answer for you. Just feel it out and if you get too hypo, then stop the bromo. You could always add P-5-P and/or mucana but it probably won't be as effective at reducing prolactin. Perhaps some with a little more experience with bromo could chime in.
    Dead on. That's the biggest problem with combining it with a low carb diet. Thats pretty much all i've seem written about use while on a low carb diet. Best way to combat that would be to increase carb intake through the day and partition usage during times around blood sugar drops.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.76%

don't people take bromo to increase their insulin sensitivity??? If you are doing low carbs, you should end up with a really high insulin sensitivity anyways. The only place I could see it helping is on refeed days if you decide to implement them
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

Quote Originally Posted by BiggerGeek View Post
    don't people take bromo to increase their insulin sensitivity??? If you are doing low carbs, you should end up with a really high insulin sensitivity anyways. The only place I could see it helping is on refeed days if you decide to implement them
    I take bromo to lower prolactin. Trying to raise testosterone if it doesn't do it on the next blood test I am gonna stop taking it.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

P5P and chast berry with Ldopa to lower prolactin, ditch the bromocriptine

as for the diet low carb is the way to go,

fats from your EFAs fish chicken red meat olive oil macadamia nut oil,

do a refeed meal 1 time a week on that same day and time every week.

low intensity cardio,

low volume training with high intensity and no longer then 1 hour in the gym (unless u do cardio.)

take mulit, and calcium+D fiber supps inbetween meals (not with a fatty acid supplement)

veggies should be limited as they will keep bulk in your stomach and keep it streched, (dont have more then 2 servings a day)

this is a great outline for a keto (being a nutrition makor i still shouldnt be telling you how to do it lol, but if i said it wont work id be lying just like the ADA)

soooo any other questions.? did i cover eveything?
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    P5P and chast berry with Ldopa to lower prolactin, ditch the bromocriptine

as for the diet low carb is the way to go,

fats from your EFAs fish chicken red meat olive oil macadamia nut oil,

do a refeed meal 1 time a week on that same day and time every week.

low intensity cardio,

low volume training with high intensity and no longer then 1 hour in the gym (unless u do cardio.)

take mulit, and calcium+D fiber supps inbetween meals (not with a fatty acid supplement)

veggies should be limited as they will keep bulk in your stomach and keep it streched, (dont have more then 2 servings a day)

this is a great outline for a keto (being a nutrition makor i still shouldnt be telling you how to do it lol, but if i said it wont work id be lying just like the ADA)

soooo any other questions.? did i cover eveything?
    Thanks I appreciate it. I am going to try CKD for a month and see what happens. I downloaded a excel spreadsheet from this forum and determined my dietary needs, but what about the workout routine. I started a routine a while ago and it is working I might just continue the same routine. You say only have one refeed meal, but the CKD plan says one and a half days of carbs. I know intake is limited during this time. I want to try this and then slowly raise healthy carb intake. I take fish oil, ZMA, bromo, and a multivitamin. I am going to drop the bromo and add calcium+D and fiber supps. Like you recommended.
    Thoughts?
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

Okay well I just got back from vitamin world and the grocery store. I got enough food for about two weeks of CKD. My new stack is this Fish oil 3x a day w each main meal, Multivitamin 1x in the morning and bone care w Calcium, vitamins d and k 1x in the morning. I dropped the ZMA and instead I bought separate bottles of Zinc, Magnesium, and B-6 I am going to take one of each at night with 1tbsp coconut oil. Is it okay to take the coconut oil while on CKD? Is there anything else that can help keep my heart healthy? I am also thinking about adding creatine.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

Okay well I just got back from vitamin world and the grocery store. I got enough food for about two weeks of CKD. My new stack is this Fish oil 3x a day w each main meal, Multivitamin 1x in the morning and bone care w Calcium, vitamins d and k 1x in the morning. I dropped the ZMA and instead I bought separate bottles of Zinc, Magnesium, and B-6 I am going to take one of each at night with 1tbsp coconut oil. Is it okay to take the coconut oil while on CKD? Is there anything else that can help keep my heart healthy? I am also thinking about adding creatine.
    its technically OK, but id rather a heart healthy fat, or essential fat, the coconut oil, although it does have its place in a bulk... i guess if you want to do a teaspoon to each meal thats not bad, it can help increase your thyroid..
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    its technically OK, but id rather a heart healthy fat, or essential fat, the coconut oil, although it does have its place in a bulk... i guess if you want to do a teaspoon to each meal thats not bad, it can help increase your thyroid..
    Thanks I take the coconut oil at bedtime only. I take a fish oil capsule three times daily after every main meal. Trying to eat at least five times a day, but always at least four. Is the fish oil capsules enough for heart health? I also just got a fiber supplement powder this morning. So gonna start adding that tomorrow. First day not so bad, but eating no carbs make me pee a lot. lol
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

Thanks I take the coconut oil at bedtime only. I take a fish oil capsule three times daily after every main meal. Trying to eat at least five times a day, but always at least four. Is the fish oil capsules enough for heart health? I also just got a fiber supplement powder this morning. So gonna start adding that tomorrow. First day not so bad, but eating no carbs make me pee a lot. lol
    that will happen because u have no carbs to absorb the water, which is why sodium intake should not matter on this diet unless your hypertensive.

Fiberlyze by species nutrition is GREAT, also the OMEGALYZE (its a complete fatty acid supp with GLA EPA DHA ect..)

do NOT take your fish oil with fiber, itll bind the the fatty acids and will be useless.

if you dont get fiberlyze, go for some orange sugar free metamucil. (the other flavors taste like ****.)
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

Off topic a little bit, but for the last few days I have been constipated. I am eliminating caffeine and adding fiber. I started the CKD diet today so I don't think it is what caused it. I have been for the last three months taking muscle milke lite twice a day. I am experiencing symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome abdominal discomfort that alleviates with movement....... Is it possible I am taking too much stuff and it's clogging me up? Should I do a cleanse or something or is adding the fiber enough?
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

Off topic a little bit, but for the last few days I have been constipated. I am eliminating caffeine and adding fiber. I started the CKD diet today so I don't think it is what caused it. I have been for the last three months taking muscle milke lite twice a day. I am experiencing symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome abdominal discomfort that alleviates with movement....... Is it possible I am taking too much stuff and it's clogging me up? Should I do a cleanse or something or is adding the fiber enough?

high fiber and not enough watrer can back u up and dehydrate you aswell,

high fiber a lot of water, should be a staple in any diet.

its most likely the fact that you are not eating any fiber, feeling bloated, constipated, stomach pains ect, have a heaping tablespoon of metamucil drink a **** load of water , and call me in the morning lol. you can do this every 4 hours until you ****. and then just to stay regular after that first initial crap, haqve it inbetween every meal,
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.76%

when supplementing with fiber, you should gradually increase the dose (as well as make sure you have enough water). Too much fiber when you are not use to it can cause tummy issues for sure
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

Quote Originally Posted by BiggerGeek View Post
    when supplementing with fiber, you should gradually increase the dose (as well as make sure you have enough water). Too much fiber when you are not use to it can cause tummy issues for sure
    I am taking http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/fi...=219&CPID=2888

I drink lots of water all day. I take it in the morning half an hour before breakfast. I drink a large glass of water before and after taking it. Tastes gross, but it does the job. I am working towards twice a day, but want to like you suggested take it slow. I still feel discomfort though even though I am going more often. It feels like pressure from my pelvis to my lower abdomen like I need to fart or some s*it. It has been four days. I am hoping it goes away. I am going to the doctor in a week or two if it doesn't. Also my testes are fine no bumps and I have been having bloodwork up the a** and my endo says no problems so far even though I have low test.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.76%

I take fiber sure tablets when dieting if I get hungry between meals. One day, I accidentally took too many (not sure how many though). I was sitting in class in serious pain because I had to fart so bad. Serious bloating and stomach cramps. I think I might of torn something if I had let it all out at once. I had to release it in control burst as I walked to my car because there where lots of people around. It was about a 5 minute walk and I was seriously farting every 10 seconds.
  34. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.91%

If you have any specific low carb questions don't hesitate to PM me!
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

Okay so far I lost 8 pounds in about two weeks. After my second refeed I gained back 4 pounds. I found this website saying it is the glucose binding to water and being sored as glycogen. It says it is normal. What do you guys think?

http://tsampa.org/training/blog/archives/2006/10/
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.62%

Yes very normal, very real. Glycogen is hydroscopic, it will draw in water into the muscles. One of the reasons for the drastic weight drops when people enter keto. Lowered glycogen stores, lowered intramuscular water stores.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasRivera View Post
    Yes very normal, very real. Glycogen is hydroscopic, it will draw in water into the muscles. One of the reasons for the drastic weight drops when people enter keto. Lowered glycogen stores, lowered intramuscular water stores.

but the crazy thing is the high EFAs and monounsaturated fats, fill the muscle bellies quite well.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

I lost another 2 pounds so things are going good. I am thinking of doing cardio in the morning a few times a week before breakfast. I think I will be doing this for about two months. Hopefully by Christmas I will be more fit and maybe post some pics.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

I lost another 2 pounds so things are going good. I am thinking of doing cardio in the morning a few times a week before breakfast. I think I will be doing this for about two months. Hopefully by Christmas I will be more fit and maybe post some pics.
    keep up the good work.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%

I run a low carb (only carbs from brocolli and some cottege cheese) and i carb up every 18th meal (last meal every third day - essentially) I too lost about 8 lbs and i've plateaued a bit at 195 after 8 weeks. It doesn't bother me though b/c I'm losing inches consistently and my strength has either stayed the same or gone up over that time. the 8 pounds was all fat. I'm only running somewhere between 1800 and 2000 cals a day. i run alot of protein and fat in the diet. point is, don't worry about the weight. worry about the mirror.

Similar Forum Threads

1. ALA with a low carb diet?
    By mr3000 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 10:07 PM
  2. WMS only carb in diet?
    By jCoonan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-07-2007, 04:16 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2006, 02:02 AM
  4. low carb diet