Synovex transdermal

lovetoeat

Awards
Has anyone converted it and used it in a transdermal, would it work? How do you convert it?

Nice board BTW.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
I might be wrong...but IMO:

Do the regular Syno conversion and then add the crystals to the brew mixture.

I'm not very experienced in this area...but that wuld be my best guess.

Wait for the pros to chime in (BDC and others)

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
You will need a syno kit for this conversion, and I have no clue on where to get one.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
You dont need a kit..if you ask BDC nicely, he may point you in the right direction :D

Brock Landers

Awards
or maybe he will post the directions to do it without a kit.

lovetoeat

Awards
Why do I get the feeling you guys know and nobody is telling me? OK if someone would fill me in I promise to keep it a secret. BDC I assume you've seen this, I would like to get your feedback if possible.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to frustrate you bro..but BDC came up with it..so to me it is his right to share it. I am sure he will post it....or if he says its okay, I can post it as well.

lovetoeat

Awards
That's fine, I'm not frustrated, I didn't know he had his own method. So has anyone tried it?

wardog

Awards
  • Established
I have ummm, a friend who tried it, and it seems to work well

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Extraction of

As posted on bb.com, http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52482&highlight=test+prop+synovex
A bro of mine tried the animal kit and since I have convenient access to an HPLC I ran it through. It came back just a hair over 1.2% estradiol. He used this in a transdermal mix and had no [significant] estrogenic sides other than some bloat. As a matter of fact he LOVED it.

He decided to process another batch and this time I helped. It was analyzed and found to contain .8% estradiol. He is currently sitting on this.

Although these are limited trials I would guess that 1% estradiol after conversion would be a fair estimate for the masses. I actually expected LOWER amounts of estradiol than we found since the separation should have been a little more efficient. This amount may have adverse sides for some and may not for others.

EDIT: ADD SEPARATION METHOD WITH NO KIT

For those that are interested here's how to do animal's conversion without the kit:

(1)Dissolve the pellets in methanol (heet)...maybe 2 bottles for 10 carts.
(2) Add 2 or 3 tablespoons of saturated sodium hydroxide solution, stir and let sit for a day or two. This cleaves the esters and makes estradiol SOLUBLE in water.
(3) Add about a liter or so of water...the test base will precipitate.
(4) Filter and wash with water several times. This removes more estradiol and excess hydroxide. Check the pH if possible and verify it is neutral. Or, just wash the heck out of it.
(5) Let dry and enjoy 18-20 g test base!

EDIT: ADD ANALYSIS INFO FOR NO KIT METHOD

The product from 3 batches were analyzed and found to contain an average of .5% estradiol.
So how does the method work? Let's get down to the chemistry of it ;)

Estradiol has a slightly acidic hydrogen on C3 due to the phenol that characterizes the molecule. What this means is that a base will selectively salt the estradiol and make it water soluble. Of course, there is no acidic hydrogen on test so this is a convenient method of separation. So how do we apply this principle to extractions? Read on...

If using a small, strong base (such as hydroxide) it will not only salt the estradiol but also saponify the ester(s). There are two things that happen when adding hydroxide:
  • Removes esters from BOTH estradiol and test --> turns them both into base modification.
  • Salts the estradiol and makes it water soluble.
If using a big, strong base (such as tert-butoxide) it will NOT saponify the esters but will still salt the estradiol. What you will get as product is semi-refined test prop ;)

So, depending on whether you want test base or test prop as a final product you should select the appropriate base. Both methods are the same but the base used will vary. Also, both methods give good estradiol separation.

Hope this helps!

Chemo

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
The method presented is a general one and still needs some tweaking. As written, most that have extracted report very high yields (in the 95-99% range).

If anyone has attempted this method feel free to post the method steps, data, and overall impression of user ease. Also, any observations, hints, tips, and tricks.

It's EVERYONE'S method so let's all add to the knowledge base ;)

Chemo

BTW, for those that have also tried the fina saponification and had roughly 50% yield --> we are making progress. There has been one member that reported an original yield of ~50%. After further workup of *saved rinse solution* had a 99% YIELD!!!

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Geez, if I had saved my rinse solution..I probably would have had 30 gallons..I hit the damn stuff with a friggin waterfall and still got 11 grams

skazzel

Awards
BDC,

Can you post an update on the fina saponification?

Thanks.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
As soon as I get mroe feedback from the ones that are trying it now.

Chemo

SteveDFW

Awards
BTW, for those that have also tried the fina saponification and had roughly 50% yield --> we are making progress. There has been one member that reported an original yield of ~50%. After further workup of *saved rinse solution* had a 99% YIELD!!!
Wardog,

The "saved rinse solution" was only the HEET/Sodium Hydroxide with the 1 liter of water added. This rinse solution was saved after the first filtering only and then put to the side.

None of the repeated washing solution/water was kept for later
re-processing. If so, as you already said, that amount would be huge.

I am in the process of doing the same thing with a Syn H conversion since it did not yield as much as BDC's.

A post should should be coming after the process.

skazzel

Awards
SteveDFW,

Sounds very good. Having a good method of preparing fina/synovex for transdermal application is important, especially with the prohibition of prohormones on the horizon (who is going to take the legal risk and pay blackmarket prices for 4ad?).

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Chemo,

Where do you get Saturated Sodium Hydroxide? I'm not planning on doing a Syno conversion anytime soon. I just want to increase my pool of knowledge.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
I saw somewhere that Red Devil Lye is Sodium hydroxide, am I wrong?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
I saw somewhere that Red Devil Lye is Sodium hydroxide, am I wrong?
Red Devil Lye is sodium hydroxide pellets and is the preferred method for obtaining sodium hydroxide. It is available from most hardware stores for a few dollars.

To make a saturated solution simply dissolve as many pellets in a small amount of water as possible. A few tablespoons of water will dissolve a LOT of pellets...be warned. Also, there will typically be a white film on top and this is normal.

Chemo

SteveDFW

Awards

Red Devil Lye is sodium hydroxide pellets and is the preferred method for obtaining sodium hydroxide. It is available from most hardware stores for a few dollars.

Chemo
I found mine at my local Albertson's Grocery Store next to the Drano.

skazzel

Awards
BDC,

Any idea where to get the sodium tert-butoxide?

skazzel

Awards
Steve,

BDC recommended it for salting the estradiol without saponifying the propionate ester. This would yield test prop from synovex instead of TNE, which may be useful if one planned on injecting the result.

wardog

Awards
  • Established

To make a saturated solution simply dissolve as many pellets in a small amount of water as possible. A few tablespoons of water will dissolve a LOT of pellets...be warned. Also, there will typically be a white film on top and this is normal.

Chemo
And be careful when doing it..the pellets fall to the bootm of the water and lay there..when you mix them..you get quite a heat (exothermic) reaction...select your dish with care. I strongly suggest pyrex.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
And be careful when doing it..the pellets fall to the bootm of the water and lay there..when you mix them..you get quite a heat (exothermic) reaction...select your dish with care. I strongly suggest pyrex.
Very good point...be careful when mixing this as thermal or chemical burns may result from contact.

Chemo

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Thanks BD, I figured you do your stuff in the lab..with lab grade equipment..little details like this dont enter into your equasion. My first conversion, I just wasnt thinking, and used a china tea cup to make the supersaturated sodium hydroxide...damn cup shattered...nasty nasty mess all over. Burns like a mofo also. If any of you get it on your skin..rinse with cold water..a good LONG time..material will feel slippery..wash until it isnt slippery on your skin anymore, and keep rinsing a while longer..lol!

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Damn guys...

...thanx for all the responses on the Sodium hydroxide

I appreciate it.

Carnivore

Awards
There are some threads on this

there are some threads on this on www.freakymuscle.com but they are conversion for injection of synovex which is Test Propianate and would require an ED injection.

Carnivore

Awards
oh yeah

BDC they also have some avatars that you might like to add here, just a thought.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
What would be a good daily dosage of test-prop and 1-test to use in a transdermal? I have had good lean mass results with 400 mg's 1-test and 200 mg's 4-AD per day. Being that there is no conversion for test-prop like there is for 4-AD, I would imagine a lower dosage would be required (assuming similar transdermal absorption rates).

SteveDFW

Awards
I have used 150, 200, and 250mg daily. I use the lower amount when cutting with fina.

Brock Landers

Awards
Question on the seperation........

Do we filter after adding the initial methanol to the pellets?
I thought that was how we got rid of the filler. Or, do we just combine the methanol and the NaOH together?

I take it that the seperation goes just like dazed's method on synokit.com and that the "estrogen solubilizer" is saturated sodium hydroxide. any help on this?

SteveDFW

Awards

I thought that was how we got rid of the filler. Or, do we just combine the methanol and the NaOH together?

I take it that the seperation goes just like dazed's method on synokit.com and that the "estrogen solubilizer" is saturated sodium hydroxide. any help on this?
I did NOT filter before adding the Sodium Hydroxide.

Brock Landers

Awards
Steve, did you see any gyno or estrogen related problems?

SteveDFW

Awards
no, but I did use nolva and I now use femara to keep from getting any bloat so that would keep any possible gyno "at bay" as well.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established

One thing to keep in mind here is the intended method of administration. Dazed has an excellent kit (the only one I support) for separating and converting synovex for INJECTABLE preparation. For our purposes the filler does not have to be separated since it won't be injected. It does make for a "dirty" extraction but an effective one nonetheless.

Chemo

Brock Landers

Awards
Question for you,

Maybe I am thickheaded, but I want to see if we can get around the kit to prep for injectable test. To do this we need to seperate the filler, so, in theory, we could accomplish this after dissolving in methanol by using a dust mask, then taking the solution that has passed through and add the saturated NaOH. then follow the directions BDC stated. Only to make it injectable at the end, the crystals need to be added to a solution of 5% BA and 15%BB along with the right amount of sterile oil, then heated and then sterile filtered through a whatman filter. Once this is complete, then go through 3 - 20 minute long heat cool sessions in the oven at 250degrees to ensure final sterility. This should be what it takes to make a "clean" injectable, I think.

Sorry if this is hard to follow, but I have all the materials and I dont want to buy the kit. And it seems we have some good minds on this board to accomplish this. Any thoughts on this theory (I guess it is not much different than the instructions on the website that details the seperation with pictures)?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
This would be an acceptable method for preparing an injectable from the synovex. The only thing I would change though is the dust mask since they tend to clog rapidly once wet. Other than that, it looks like a workable method and recipe.

Let us know how it goes!

Chemo

Brock Landers

Awards
****!!!!!

I added NaOH to the methanol before filtering the crap out. Is it possible to filter before adding the water, or am I screwed??????

I wanted to make an injectable at the end, and I was intending on seperating the binder prior to adding the saturated sodium hydroxide.

Wait, if I treat the test crystals like they are Fina (once the seperation is complete), could I sterile filter the crystals once I put them in the BA +BB + Oil Solution to remove the filler like in Fina Conversions???????

****, my heads a mess right now.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Brock Landers
I added NaOH to the methanol before filtering the crap out. Is it possible to filter before adding the water, or am I screwed

Wait, if I treat the test crystals like they are Fina (once the seperation is complete), could I sterile filter the crystals once I put them in the BA +BB + Oil Solution to remove the filler like in Fina Conversions???????
You can either filter it now or do as you suggest with the sterile filtering.  Either one will work but the caustic nature may clog the filter if you do it now.  My recommendation is to wait and sterile filter it.

Chemo

Brock Landers

Awards
Once Again,

BDC to the rescue of the novice chemist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Very true Brock... he has this way of fly in right at the moment you need him... :D

Brock Landers

Awards
OK,
I am near the filtering step and just want to ask if it is normal for the methanol/syno/NaOH mix to look like what could best be described as milk and orange juice mixed together (yes, it is wierd). I know people say that it is supposed to be milky, but there is definitely a dark orange tint to it, no mistaking this for milk. I went over the steps and I dont believe i fucked up, but any opinions or help on this one?

SteveDFW

Awards
I had an orange tint as well. Be careful when you wash it through the filter with tap water. You can actually blow the product through the filter.