Home-brewing with PhloJel Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
There have been many questions about the process. I've put together a little instruction sheet in hopes that it helps a little. I'll try and add pictures in the next couple weeks, however, it should be pretty straight forward. Its a PDF so you'll need Acrobat Reader...... Any feeddback will be appreciated.

EDIT: Read the rules.

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've only skimmed it, but I have a few quick impressions:

-It seems overly complicated. It is straightforward, but there is a lot of technique, which in my opinion makes the summary seem longer and an overall tedious task, (but then again I am very impatient).

Maybe summarize the steps up front for those who feel comfortable jumping right in.

-Is there a reason why a traditional pump bottle should be avoided?

-Could a hot water bath help, or should heat be avoided with Phlogel?

Otherwise, it looks great.

And off topic -- Does Phlogel absorb well at 12.5% solution? Does Phlogel overcome the point of diminishing returns seen with traditional transdermals at 5%?

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
I've only skimmed it, but I have a few quick impressions:

-It seems overly complicated. It is straightforward, but there is a lot of technique, which in my opinion makes the summary seem longer and an overall tedious task, (but then again I am very impatient).

Maybe summarize the steps up front for those who feel comfortable jumping right in.

-Is there a reason why a traditional pump bottle should be avoided?

-Could a hot water bath help, or should heat be avoided with Phlogel?

Otherwise, it looks great.

And off topic -- Does Phlogel absorb well at 12.5% solution? Does Phlogel overcome the point of diminishing returns seen with traditional transdermals at 5%?
PhloJel Ultra is too viscous to pump through a bottle without altering it. Any extreme temperature should be avoided - freezing or heating will cause seperation.

Good point about the summary up front. I'll add that.. sort of a quick-start guide. Thanks for that.

Yes it delivers the active ingredients throught he skin very well at 12.5%. I have successfully compounded 20% concentrations with PhloJel Ultra however, solvents must be used during the levigation stage in order to incorporate the powder. 12.5% is easily done without solvents and this is why I stopped at that level of concentration. Once we get into solvenst it becoems a bit more complicated as different solvents are used for different drugs and they also perform differently at various percentages of incorporattion.

superstar

Awards
pharmacy or other place to do the compounding?

I read the compounding instructions and they are intimidating to me. Is there a 'compounding service' that I could use to get my desired powder into the phlogel? Wish I had a buddy who was into chemistry or homebrewing! Thanks.

Klaus

Thanks for the writeup, Carl. I personally prefer as much detail as possible. Perhaps two versions of the document would be beneficial for two different audiences. One for anal-retentive people such as myself, and one for those who aren't.

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
I read the compounding instructions and they are intimidating to me. Is there a 'compounding service' that I could use to get my desired powder into the phlogel? Wish I had a buddy who was into chemistry or homebrewing! Thanks.
you could request that a compounding pharmacist produce the final product for you if the active ingredient is a controlled substance. I hade done some for w few people using OTC actives.

The process is not as hard as it may seem.

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the writeup, Carl. I personally prefer as much detail as possible. Perhaps two versions of the document would be beneficial for two different audiences. One for anal-retentive people such as myself, and one for those who aren't.
I am strating to get that same feeling. Thanks for the input.

slohanns

Awards
If i have one cart of fina and 1 100 gram jar of plo, what is the best amount of gel to use to get 75 to 100 mgs of tren per ml. and at that point do i just mix them together real well. i need help from some people who have tried this before. thank you.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dude, these threads have the information in them. READ!!! and quit asking for people to do the work for you...

Drachus

Awards
Thanks for the instructions.

Are these the largest ammounts to reccomending working with at a time? For instance, 6.6 grams of powder would last 3.3-3.5 weeks at 100mg/ml, dose 300mg/day (2.1 grams a week) If you wanted to make enough for 12 weeks, would you suggest making it in batches and store it seperately, or simply multiply the ammounts of powder and phlogel but keep the ratio's the same, and simply store in large jar together and meaure with an eyedropper? Sorry if that has been answered elsewhere.

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the instructions.

Are these the largest ammounts to reccomending working with at a time? For instance, 6.6 grams of powder would last 3.3-3.5 weeks at 100mg/ml, dose 300mg/day (2.1 grams a week) If you wanted to make enough for 12 weeks, would you suggest making it in batches and store it seperately, or simply multiply the ammounts of powder and phlogel but keep the ratio's the same, and simply store in large jar together and meaure with an eyedropper? Sorry if that has been answered elsewhere.
I personally enjoy compounding (when the family isn't around:blink: ) so mixing a batch is not a deterent. With that being said if you want to mix a 12 week batch of something you can. Simply do it in multiple 60ml batches or 100ml batches. You can then store it in individual 60ml syringes and cap them so air doesn't get in. You mention using an eye dropper and a jar to store it in and I don't suggest this. A jar will have area for air to gather and this may promote the growth of mold or dry the batch out. Once you've added actives t the PJU there is a higher possibility to have introduced a contaminent that over a longer period of time and exposure to air will cause the batch to go bad. Store it in 60ML syringes and cap them as explained and you will avoid this possibility. If stored in this way the batch will safely last up to 1 year!

I like doing things in 60ml batches if for no other reason than during the cycel if I decide I want to change concentrations or add another active ingredient I can and continue the cycle. I have always used fairly high doses of the different actives and in most cases a 60Ml batch usually lasts me 5 to 7 days so I end up compounding every week. 3 weeks in between compounding sounds like a very managable period of time. That's just me.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You mention using an eye dropper and a jar to store it in and I don't suggest this. A jar will have area for air to gather and this may promote the growth of mold or dry the batch out.
How should we store the remaining unused gel. Should I leave it in the original jar or should I put it in a syringe?

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
Are you refering to the uncompounded phlo jel or material that you have compounded?

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
Are you refering to the uncompounded phlo jel or material that you have compounded?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I was referring to referring to uncompounded phlojel.

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
Leave it in the Phlo-jel jar and have it ready for next cycle.

I also here you can compound it with iboprofin and it works quite well on sore joints and muscles

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
How should we store the remaining unused gel. Should I leave it in the original jar or should I put it in a syringe?
leave it in the jar wqith the lid on tight. when you dispense the PJU from the jar be sure that the instrument you use (spoon) has be steralized so you do not introduce any contaminants. Never take PJU from the rim of the jar with your finger and push it back in as the oils from your finger will contaminate the PJU.

Its fine in the jar when no drug has been compounded into it. Once you add active ingredients yourun the risk of introducing contamenants.

Drachus

Awards
thanks Triceptor, the process is crystal clear to me. I look forward to trying this out =)

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
Leave it in the Phlo-jel jar and have it ready for next cycle.

I also here you can compound it with iboprofin and it works quite well on sore joints and muscles
you shoul dliberate the ibuprofen from the binders and then compund without the binders in it. The binders can restrict drug delivery

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
Good point about ensuring sterility of the PJ, especially if you plan on leaving it put up for a while.

The Lecithen could be a good median for bacterial growth (just guessing).

I use a new unpacked ETO sterile syringe to get the PJ from the jar.

BTW farm stores are a great place to get syringes in big sizes 5 ml to 120 ml that are sterile at prices like 2 for a $1.00

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow... why was such a USEFUL document removed? Even if it was linked elsewhere. Thats what this board was founded on... compounding transdermals.

Adams

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If people want information they can find it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.