1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuy2 View Post
    Yeah, I just found it. Bummer. I've read there are ways to remove esters, but it's pretty damned complicated and usually not worth the effort, if I recall.
    I made a TB TD recently using phlo at 100mg concentration and it works GREAT. You need to grind it down in a ceramic mortar and pestle (don't try to skimp on this...you WILL have tiny chunks left unabsorbed on your skin if you do). Transfer this to a pyrex bowl over warm water (double boiler style) and dissolve. DMSO works WONDERS for this, and 10mL should suffice, without giving you garlic stink. Then incorporate into the penetrate (although my understanding was that phlo works better, which is why I went with that). Then, just to completely eliminate the smell of DMSO, I added 2mL of tea tree oil, and now the stuff actually smells nice.

Average absorption is estimated at 30% at best, but more like 35% if you use DMSO. I apply 1 and 1/4 mL twice daily for a total of 250mg ed. Times 7 days, that 1750mg, at 35% absorption you're looking at around 600mg weekly.
    Im confused. At first I thought u said you were running a test base transdermal (or thats what i assumed TB TD meant?) and then you say its too hard and not worth the effort?

enlighten me lol
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.57%

hes talking about knocking the ester off is hard and not worth it.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.17%

Quote Originally Posted by maddyfresh1 View Post
    hes talking about knocking the ester off is hard and not worth it.
    so whats he using in his TD?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.57%

test base...other test have a ester
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.51%

Quote Originally Posted by crowbar46 View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know the place you're talking about. Have you used them without problems? I was doing some research and people on a particular board--with a LOT of experience with this company--were saying that they had gotten less effecient in shipping, and some people (especially in the US) were having problems with packages being held up in customs for months.

Crowbar
    Why not just go the synovex h route. I did that years ago and its not that difficult. Plus no worries of quality or getting busted. Or at least I've never heard of anybody getting busted for ordering implants.
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrong20 View Post
    Why not just go the synovex h route. I did that years ago and its not that difficult. Plus no worries of quality or getting busted. Or at least I've never heard of anybody getting busted for ordering implants.
    Hold up. We're not talking about knocking the ester off a test. If you have base to begin with, there's no need to knock the ester off. And I don't see why you'd get another for if you have base available, as it is superior to other forms, be they prop, enan or cyp.

If you knock the ester off those, you'd of course have base...but if you got 10g of prop and knocked off the ester, you wouldn't have the same amount of test as if you got 10g of base.

In any case, we were actually talking hypothetically about knocking the ester off mast to force it within the constraints for viable absorption for a TD, since you cannot get mast base (or at least not that I'm aware of). Well the idea of having a mast TD is tantalizing, I'd just as soon make a suspension and skip having to furnish a small home lab to get there.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.57%

warbird01 was asking about a comment you made earlier in the thread THISGUY2. I was just explaining to him that you you did make a tb td. But you were thinking about trying a different one with a ester but sometimes its not worth it.
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by maddyfresh1 View Post
    warbird01 was asking about a comment you made earlier in the thread THISGUY2. I was just explaining to him that you you did make a tb td. But you were thinking about trying a different one with a ester but sometimes its not worth it.
    I know, I was ellaborating.

And from looking over DH's link, I'm feeling ever more like it's not worth it. I am in NO WAY a chemist, and most of that talk boggles my mind. ...or trouts it.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%

jstrong20, doesn't Synovex H also contain estrogen? Also, is it Test base? I suppose you could use a SERM along with it but I don't know if that sounds like a good idea.

Crowbar
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by crowbar46 View Post
    jstrong20, doesn't Synovex H also contain estrogen? Also, is it Test base? I suppose you could use a SERM along with it but I don't know if that sounds like a good idea.

Crowbar
    I don't know that it has estro. It is not test base, but rather prop.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.57%

meaning you will have to drop that ester to tnd it.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%

I'm pretty sure it does contain estrogen; and as we've been discussing, dropping the ester does not really seem feasable.

Crowbar
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.39%

Isn't that what the lye is for, cleaving the ester and removing the estrogen?

Wayback machine, LOL
    Saponificaion of tren acetate ester for transdermal prep *EXPERIMENT*
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Isn't that what the lye is for, cleaving the ester and removing the estrogen?

Wayback machine, LOL
    Saponificaion of tren acetate ester for transdermal prep *EXPERIMENT*
    I couldn't tell you. I've never used the pellets myself. That link has some interesting info. But the cost of a synovax kit isn't really cheaper. From what I can conclude, advantages of this method would be a) it's all you can get your hands on, or b) you WANT to go through the whole process, which I fully understand some might.

If anyone decides to play chemist, I'm sure we'd all be interested to hear about the results.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.27%

Correct.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.27%

IMO the main benefit of DIY is you know the purity.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.32%

The penetrate works fine for both test base and bold base. Ive used penetrate for both. Mix doses appropriately... remember 30-35% absorbtion at best!
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

Yeah, I just found it. Bummer. I've read there are ways to remove esters, but it's pretty damned complicated and usually not worth the effort, if I recall.
    google "base catalyzed ester saponification". very simple reaction, IMO. the only reagent you'll need is sodium hydroxide.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

If anyone decides to play chemist, I'm sure we'd all be interested to hear about the results.
    the hydroxide ion acts as a nucleophile and attacks the electrophilic carbonyl carbon on the ester. A tetrahedral intermediate is formed, and then movement of electrons ejects an alkoxide ion and generates a carboxylic acid. the alkoxide ion the abstracts the proton for the carboxylic acid to generate a hydroxyl group.

that's how this reaction occurs from a mechanistic stand point. the actual procedure is very simple. i said above to google a procedure, but you really don't even need one. Just weight out the powder that you have and convert from grams to moles. This reaction between the ester and hydroxide ion occurs in a 1:1 molar ratio, so add an appropriate volume of the sodium hydroxide based on the molarity of the solution. Toss them together in a flask, swirl the contents of the flask for a few minutes (well, maybe longer, you can look that up) , and you're good to go.

Also, adding base to this solution deprotonates the aromatic hydroxyl group on the estrogen, making it water soluble
  20. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.59%

Hey guys. Been out of the scene for a bit but I always get all warm and fuzzy when I see Transdermals getting discussed.

New forum kinda making my eyes all tweeked out so I didn't read a bunch of stuff in thread. I must be getting O L D.

If these questions has been answered please forgive me.

Penetrate works well with Test Base and Tren Base. Just don't expect anything above 50mg/ml final concentration or plan for anything above 30% absorption.

Masteron works well in TD. As does Boldenone.

Not tooting my own horn but I did a log on here some time ago which really wound up a fun Transdermal experiment. Lots of trials for best compounds.

I've done Phlo-jel ultra compounds with a variety of PE's. Wish my body did well with Tren because that seemed to work extremely well. Sadly I'm very susceptible to progesterone related gyno.

40-day Transdermal Test/Oral Turinabol Cycle
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  21. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    Hey guys. Been out of the scene for a bit but I always get all warm and fuzzy when I see Transdermals getting discussed.

New forum kinda making my eyes all tweeked out so I didn't read a bunch of stuff in thread. I must be getting O L D.

If these questions has been answered please forgive me.

Penetrate works well with Test Base and Tren Base. Just don't expect anything above 50mg/ml final concentration or plan for anything above 30% absorption.

Masteron works well in TD. As does Boldenone.

Not tooting my own horn but I did a log on here some time ago which really wound up a fun Transdermal experiment. Lots of trials for best compounds.

I've done Phlo-jel ultra compounds with a variety of PE's. Wish my body did well with Tren because that seemed to work extremely well. Sadly I'm very susceptible to progesterone related gyno.

40-day Transdermal Test/Oral Turinabol Cycle
    Have you personally tried a mast TD? From what I researched, the molecular size is greater than what is recommended for TD absorptions.

...which is precisely why I opted to pin it.
  22. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.59%

Yes I have.

I also have a bud that swears by it. That's how I obtained in first place
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  23. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yes I have.

I also have a bud that swears by it. That's how I obtained in first place
    To be honest, I had an aversion to doing my own pins, and no longer have the one buddy who did it for me. So I went TD. But, I'm now over it. Fact is, it really is much more cost effective.
  24. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

johnny did you do TD Masteron alone or with TD test base? If you did both at teh same time how did you dose it?This is my second time using TD test base and I love it. I use it at a low dose 250mg for 4-5 months stacking it with different orals throughout the cycle. A test/mast cycle would be right up my alley as i like to stay around 7-8% BF.
  25. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.59%

Quote Originally Posted by joeymutz View Post
    johnny did you do TD Masteron alone or with TD test base? If you did both at teh same time how did you dose it?This is my second time using TD test base and I love it. I use it at a low dose 250mg for 4-5 months stacking it with different orals throughout the cycle. A test/mast cycle would be right up my alley as i like to stay around 7-8% BF.
    With, wouldn't consider it without it.

I used Drost Prop base at 100mg/ml concentration with phlojel ultra and DMGE/d-limonene as solvent/PE's. 200mg/day applied once after shower in morning.

BTW, good to see you still on here
  26. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I used Drost Prop base at 100mg/ml concentration with phlojel ultra and DMGE/d-limonene as solvent/PE's. 200mg/day applied once after shower in morning.

That and 2 daily applications required for base = a lot of smearing phlo on yourself. lol!
  27. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.59%

That and 2 daily applications required for base = a lot of smearing phlo on yourself. lol!
    Huh? 2x daily not required. Your dermis creates a sufficient depot. 4-5ml of final compound per day is really not much.

oh btw, when you consider how cheap base powders are/were the whole cost effectiveness point is moot. Not to mention running risk of infection e.g. abscesses, having to tote needles around if traveling. Increased risk for LE involvement around purchasing needles.
  28. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

yeah I still come on here from time to time. This place isn't like it used to be though. Thanks for the info i think i may have to try that next summer.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.6%

bumping an old thread

Similar Forum Threads

1. how much test base in t-gel for HRT
    By ps24eva in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2004, 06:35 PM