- 07-22-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm starting my first HST cycle but instead of doing the same routine 3 days a week for 8 weeks (very boring), I'm alternating exercises every two workouts. i.e monday squats, wednesday leg press, friday squats. Because of this split, I'll only be increasing the weight on each exercise 2 times in each two week period instead of 5. will this defeat the purpose of an HST workout? any advice is appreciated
- 07-24-2008, 07:28 PM
No this shouldnt defeat the purpose of HST, based on periodization my friend.
I typically did the same exercises all 8 weeks ( not boring btw ) and saw some honestly amazing results.
Either way you go about it keep the exercises compound and I would try and get in an out of the gym in < hour, it'll help keep you from burning out your CNS. My first 8 weeks of HST i did to many exercises and didnt keep it compound enough and felt very burnt out after 5 or 6 weeks.
07-24-2008, 11:46 PM
thanks for the thoughts, I think I'm increasing the weight enough each time to make the progressive load worthwhile, I suppose I'll find out in a couple months
07-25-2008, 01:58 AM
07-27-2008, 01:42 PM
yea yeah I have deads in the workout...I was just using leg presses/squats as an example of the split I'm doing. tomorrow is day one I can't wait to get back in the gym!!
Similar Forum Threads
- By BigKrabbe in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 12-01-2010, 05:04 AM
- By votum in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 04-27-2010, 08:33 AM
- By srx600 in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 05-03-2008, 01:05 PM
- By JDF in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 02-25-2008, 03:18 PM
- By bigmark1972 in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 06-17-2004, 10:12 AM