HST question

tehockey

tehockey

Awards
I'm starting my first HST cycle but instead of doing the same routine 3 days a week for 8 weeks (very boring), I'm alternating exercises every two workouts. i.e monday squats, wednesday leg press, friday squats. Because of this split, I'll only be increasing the weight on each exercise 2 times in each two week period instead of 5. will this defeat the purpose of an HST workout? any advice is appreciated

JDF

Awards
  • Established
No this shouldnt defeat the purpose of HST, based on periodization my friend.

I typically did the same exercises all 8 weeks ( not boring btw ) and saw some honestly amazing results.

Either way you go about it keep the exercises compound and I would try and get in an out of the gym in < hour, it'll help keep you from burning out your CNS. My first 8 weeks of HST i did to many exercises and didnt keep it compound enough and felt very burnt out after 5 or 6 weeks.

Good luck

tehockey

tehockey

Awards
thanks for the thoughts, I think I'm increasing the weight enough each time to make the progressive load worthwhile, I suppose I'll find out in a couple months

countryboy

I'm starting my first HST cycle but instead of doing the same routine 3 days a week for 8 weeks (very boring), I'm alternating exercises every two workouts. i.e monday squats, wednesday leg press, friday squats. Because of this split, I'll only be increasing the weight on each exercise 2 times in each two week period instead of 5. will this defeat the purpose of an HST workout? any advice is appreciated
+

put deads in place of the legpress, its a great routine if you give it a very honest go

tehockey

tehockey

Awards
yea yeah I have deads in the workout...I was just using leg presses/squats as an example of the split I'm doing. tomorrow is day one I can't wait to get back in the gym!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BigKrabbe Training Forum 4
votum Training Forum 4
srx600 Training Forum 6
Training Forum 0
Anabolics 6