- 07-22-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm starting my first HST cycle but instead of doing the same routine 3 days a week for 8 weeks (very boring), I'm alternating exercises every two workouts. i.e monday squats, wednesday leg press, friday squats. Because of this split, I'll only be increasing the weight on each exercise 2 times in each two week period instead of 5. will this defeat the purpose of an HST workout? any advice is appreciated
- 07-24-2008, 08:28 PM
No this shouldnt defeat the purpose of HST, based on periodization my friend.
I typically did the same exercises all 8 weeks ( not boring btw ) and saw some honestly amazing results.
Either way you go about it keep the exercises compound and I would try and get in an out of the gym in < hour, it'll help keep you from burning out your CNS. My first 8 weeks of HST i did to many exercises and didnt keep it compound enough and felt very burnt out after 5 or 6 weeks.
- 07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
thanks for the thoughts, I think I'm increasing the weight enough each time to make the progressive load worthwhile, I suppose I'll find out in a couple months
07-25-2008, 02:58 AM
07-27-2008, 02:42 PM
yea yeah I have deads in the workout...I was just using leg presses/squats as an example of the split I'm doing. tomorrow is day one I can't wait to get back in the gym!!
Similar Forum Threads
- By animalkrack3r in forum AnabolicsReplies: 5Last Post: 02-19-2012, 06:34 PM
- By doolee in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 02-06-2011, 02:57 PM
- By burywhite in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-30-2010, 03:08 PM
- By schwellington in forum AnabolicsReplies: 10Last Post: 10-01-2010, 03:23 PM
- By Chico222 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 10Last Post: 06-19-2010, 01:28 AM