HST question - AnabolicMinds.com

HST question

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  166 lbs.

HST question

I'm starting my first HST cycle but instead of doing the same routine 3 days a week for 8 weeks (very boring), I'm alternating exercises every two workouts. i.e monday squats, wednesday leg press, friday squats. Because of this split, I'll only be increasing the weight on each exercise 2 times in each two week period instead of 5. will this defeat the purpose of an HST workout? any advice is appreciated

2. JDF
    Advanced Member

No this shouldnt defeat the purpose of HST, based on periodization my friend.

I typically did the same exercises all 8 weeks ( not boring btw ) and saw some honestly amazing results.

Either way you go about it keep the exercises compound and I would try and get in an out of the gym in < hour, it'll help keep you from burning out your CNS. My first 8 weeks of HST i did to many exercises and didnt keep it compound enough and felt very burnt out after 5 or 6 weeks.

Good luck
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  166 lbs.

thanks for the thoughts, I think I'm increasing the weight enough each time to make the progressive load worthwhile, I suppose I'll find out in a couple months
    •   

4. countryboy

Quote Originally Posted by tehockey View Post
    I'm starting my first HST cycle but instead of doing the same routine 3 days a week for 8 weeks (very boring), I'm alternating exercises every two workouts. i.e monday squats, wednesday leg press, friday squats. Because of this split, I'll only be increasing the weight on each exercise 2 times in each two week period instead of 5. will this defeat the purpose of an HST workout? any advice is appreciated
    +

put deads in place of the legpress, its a great routine if you give it a very honest go
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  166 lbs.

yea yeah I have deads in the workout...I was just using leg presses/squats as an example of the split I'm doing. tomorrow is day one I can't wait to get back in the gym!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cycle question/Been out of the game question
    By animalkrack3r in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 04:34 PM
  2. Daa question + waxy maize (Kwick Karb) question
    By doolee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 12:57 PM
  3. Progesterone Gyno question and Epi question
    By burywhite in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2