Tried everything...... help ?

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
So basically im 16 years old, and ive been lifting since i was 13. When i started i was inspired by the big dudes, you know Arnold etc... i started early and i DID make gains.....im 5'11, 165lbs now, and i am in shape, just not massive.
Now heres the thing. Ive been lifting for almost 4 years, but ive been lifting like as intense as i possibly could for just under 2 years now. i train 5 days a week, got my muscle groups, spacing worked out etc i even have my nutrition more or less perfect. As of right now, i take BSN N.O xplode pre w/o, and Anabolic O.D, post w/o. I take creatine daily, have 2 or 3 protein shakes everyday, and get as much sleep as i can.
NOW. i realize im only 16, but what im at is more than a plateau. I litterally cant get any bigger. I feel better, and i have fine definition, but you can tell by my stats im not huge. i want to be huge, but im against steroids.
Im honestly stuck. Is it just me? Like genetics or what? ANYTHING, would be appreciated, ~B

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
You said your nutrition is more or less perfect. Your maint. calories is approx 2500. How many calories are you taking in per day? If it's less than 3000 a day we may have found out why you're not making anymore gains.

Welcome to the board.

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
You said your nutrition is more or less perfect. Your maint. calories is approx 2500. How many calories are you taking in per day? If it's less than 3000 a day we may have found out why you're not making anymore gains.

Welcome to the board.

Haha, 'More or less' being key...... i mean i do try to get like 3000-4000 calories a day.... i eat a lot and most of it is good, but i was starting to think it had something to do with age? Or genetics? Do you think thats possible?
And thank you, looks like ill be having fun.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
*shrugs* I'll leave the developmental answers to someone else. I only pretend to know about food :)

I'd imagine that if you stick with what you're doing, switch up routine every few months, and keep eating clean; you will develop most impressively in the coming years.

Maybe wrasslin116 will find his way to this thread. He's 16 and would probably be a lot more experienced in growth for you youngins.

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
Ok sweet, if somebody could direct him here...thattd be good ;) lol but you know what im havin trouble with the profile how can i get a picture up for my user display pic thing?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
User CP -> Edit Avatar

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the first two things i would look at is if you are overtraining or not getting enough calories. What is you bf% at? I think you probably need to eat more....but im guessing.

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
the first two things i would look at is if you are overtraining or not getting enough calories. What is you bf% at? I think you probably need to eat more....but im guessing.
You know originally thats what i thought too....witht the overtraining thing, but the thing is i do train 5 days a week, and dont get me wrong i hit it super hard, but witht the supplements im taking, or the protein, im not sure, by the end of the day i feel like im ready to go again...
like i do feel worn after a work out and sore etc but not ever like i cant continue..

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Change your routine, you may want to adopt a 5 x 5 training 3x week for a little while. I change routines every 6 weeks

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
You know originally thats what i thought too....witht the overtraining thing, but the thing is i do train 5 days a week, and dont get me wrong i hit it super hard, but witht the supplements im taking, or the protein, im not sure, by the end of the day i feel like im ready to go again...
like i do feel worn after a work out and sore etc but not ever like i cant continue..
Your body still needs time to grow. Can you post your routine?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Change your routine, you may want to adopt a 5 x 5 training 3x week for a little while. I change routines every 6 weeks
i agree. alot of times that is all that is needed, a new training style.

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
Your body still needs time to grow. Can you post your routine?
Thats true....but my old trainer told me the way you can tell if your muscles are ready to be worked again is if at the beginning of your workout, they feel like they can be. no?
and yeaa i can :
Monday: Chest. dumbell bench press 3x8, incline dumbell press 3x8, smith machine decline bench press 3x6, pec flies/peckdeck 3x8, and seated press 3x8
Tuesday: Arms. Overhead tricep press 3x8, tricep kickbacks 3x8, tricep pulldown 3x8, close grip bench press 3x6. Alternate arm bicep dumbell curl 3x8, concerntration curl 3x6, barbell curls 1x10, standing preacher curls 3x8.
Wednesday: Back. Pullups 1x10. bent over dumbell row 3x8, one arm row 3x6, lat pulldown 3x8, reverse seated pull 3x8, reverse cable crossovers 3x6.
Thursday: Legs. Sqauts 3x8, seated leg curl 3x8, hamstring curl 3x8, leg press 3x10, wieghted calf raises 3x10
Friday: Shoulders: Military press 3x8, standing overhead press 3x6, dumbell horizantal flies 3x8, shoulder shrugs 3x6.

I do abs on tuesdays and thursdays, sometimes on saturdays. i warm up and cool down with 5 minutes cardio, and i stretch before and after.

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
I posted my routine......any advice come to light from it?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
No expert, but you could probably drop half of those exercises. And your old trainer sounds dumb. Just sayin. haha.

But for chest, pick 2 press movements and throw in some db pullovers and db flies. Tri's, just use the close grip bench and some heavy skull crushers. Maybe add the pulldowns once in a while. Bi's, all you need is some type of standing curl (not preacher), hammer curls, and do some seated db curls on an incline bench. As for back, Id drop both of those movements that include "reverse" in the names. And try not to do arms the day after chest. Once thats done you can hit everything youre doing with a little extra intensity and get in and out of the gym in less time.

Id also say if you want to grow, make absolute sure that youre getting enough cals EVERY day. If thats 4000, make sure you hit 4000 consistently.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
jack daniels at 16?
that certainly isnt helping at all

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and Id also say drop the NO and anabolic OD and take some food pre and post workout. The NO products are all marketing, and the OD just sounds like something I dont even care to look up before I call a waste of money. Hope Im not sounding like a richard here.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats true....but my old trainer told me the way you can tell if your muscles are ready to be worked again is if at the beginning of your workout, they feel like they can be. no?
and yeaa i can :
Monday: Chest. dumbell bench press 3x8, incline dumbell press 3x8, smith machine decline bench press 3x6, pec flies/peckdeck 3x8, and seated press 3x8
Tuesday: Arms. Overhead tricep press 3x8, tricep kickbacks 3x8, tricep pulldown 3x8, close grip bench press 3x6. Alternate arm bicep dumbell curl 3x8, concerntration curl 3x6, barbell curls 1x10, standing preacher curls 3x8.
Wednesday: Back. Pullups 1x10. bent over dumbell row 3x8, one arm row 3x6, lat pulldown 3x8, reverse seated pull 3x8, reverse cable crossovers 3x6.
Thursday: Legs. Sqauts 3x8, seated leg curl 3x8, hamstring curl 3x8, leg press 3x10, wieghted calf raises 3x10
Friday: Shoulders: Military press 3x8, standing overhead press 3x6, dumbell horizantal flies 3x8, shoulder shrugs 3x6.

I do abs on tuesdays and thursdays, sometimes on saturdays. i warm up and cool down with 5 minutes cardio, and i stretch before and after.
Your trainer is an idiot for having you train your triceps the day after chest and back the day after biceps. Where did he get his certification?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
and yeaa i can :

i think the problem is three things. 1, you need to include carbs in your post workout shake. if you're an extreme ecto like me, you need carbs and protein pre workout too. 2, i would move workout days to chest, back, shoulders, legs, then arms (which gives arms 2 days to recover). 3, you've got some mass gainers in your routine, but you're missing some. they should be included in any appropriate days, and should be 3x8-4x10:

back - deadlift - missing
back - pull ups (wide grip)
biceps - chin ups - missing
biceps - barbell curl
chest - barbell bench press - missing
legs - squats
legs - lunges - missing
shoulders - military press
triceps - close grip bench
triceps - dips - missing
overall - clean and press
overall - overhead squat

pullups 1x10 is not challenging you. you need to work out usually with 3-4 sets if mass is your goal. 1x10 is like a warm up and then you stop. i would keep it simple, and use these as your mass gainers (going hard and heavy with these, then adding in any other isolation moves AFTER these have been done. example, i start arm day supersetting chins with dips (weighted), then close grip bench supersetted with barbell curls. then, after i've done my mass gainers with the most weight my rested muscles can handle, i then do isolation work. i bet if you address these issues, you will gain 4 pounds over the next two months. if not, repost and title it "suncloud is a frikken moron".

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
Wow. ok great **** guys lol far as my trainers concerned hes my OLD trainer for a reason.... ;) he is an idiot, and hes an ******* too......as for the w/o suggestions that would be really helpfull it it would work...do you think doing less on each group is a good idea? I mean im DEFFINETLY no expert but i figured the more intesely you hit each muscle group on its day, the bigger it would grow....? your probobly right about the supps.....i mean they r expencive, but there has to be SOME that work... any reccomendations??
lol and as for tha JD yeaa it is bad at 16 i know, but im not an idiot i moderate....and its ussually just for special occasions..... (im kinda attached to it you know..? ) ;)

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
yes but alcohol will inhibit muscle growth. What are the macros of your diet?

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
i think the problem is three things. 1, you need to include carbs in your post workout shake. if you're an extreme ecto like me, you need carbs and protein pre workout too. 2, i would move workout days to chest, back, shoulders, legs, then arms (which gives arms 2 days to recover). 3, you've got some mass gainers in your routine, but you're missing some. they should be included in any appropriate days, and should be 3x8-4x10:

back - deadlift - missing
back - pull ups (wide grip)
biceps - chin ups - missing
biceps - barbell curl
chest - barbell bench press - missing
legs - squats
legs - lunges - missing
shoulders - military press
triceps - close grip bench
triceps - dips - missing
overall - clean and press
overall - overhead squat

pullups 1x10 is not challenging you. you need to work out usually with 3-4 sets if mass is your goal. 1x10 is like a warm up and then you stop. i would keep it simple, and use these as your mass gainers (going hard and heavy with these, then adding in any other isolation moves AFTER these have been done. i bet if you address these issues, you will gain 4 pounds over the next two months. if not, repost and title it "suncloud is a frikken moron".

Haha okayy great yea im gonna try that stuff......dammit i know squats are much needed but i dunno something about them i ****ing HATE em.... lol
but ill deal - what kindsa things should i put in my shake then? At the moment i got the egg whites the bannanas the strawberries and nonfat milk going.....occasionally with some protien powder.....but again obviously im doiing something wrong.... ;)

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
yes but alcohol will inhibit muscle growth. What are the macros of your diet?
Like significantly? Shitt. i like that stuff too..... lol
but im sorry i dunno what macros are... :0
again im not amazing at this **** quite yet......

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
what is your diet like and how many carbs/proteins/fats do you consume?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i'd add in some oatmeal into the mix if your blender can do a good job of it, if not get some waxy maize (its cheap online). not only do you need to spike insulin after workouts (ONLY), but you have to fuel yourself before you work out (amino's and carbs), or your body scavenges amino acids from your muscles, robbing you of some of your strength. also inarius brought up a good point - stop drinking if you really want to grow. squats are the devil, but you will grow to hate lunges equally. again, try the mass gainer moves out (i forgot to incude the sled for legs as well), and let me know if they worked for you. in addition, if you're not 100% positive you're taking in 3k-4k calories a day, you may be only doing 2800, which may be too low for your age and metabolism. a shake pre and post workout will add in 500 calories easy, which will also help you grow, not only by nature of the added calories, but the timing of those calories, which is equally important. everyone's metabolism is different. when i maxed out my weight at 18 and 148 lbs i was eating like a pig everyday.

breakfast
omlette with veggies
2 pancakes
2 bacon strips
2 sausage links
2 oranges
4 bowls of cereal

snack
2 packets of M&M's

lunch
2 double cheeseburgers
1 reuben

snack
1 three muskateers

dinner
army entree (whatever the hell it was)
1 reuben

post dinner
1/2 a pizza from domino's.

granted diet wasn't clean, but if you're plateu'ing, its calories thats holding you back, even if you think you're eating a lot. in addition, i knew nothing about nutrition at that point (holy sodium overload, why 2 meals with veggie), so please god eat healthy. no pizza and make your own burgers.

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
what is your diet like and how many carbs/proteins/fats do you consume?
Well. I do try my best to do the whole 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day, but from work/school etc its sometimes hard ... i do the best i can with protien....got the shakes goin, chicken breasts eggs etc.. but i THINK im getting about 2600 calories a day.
im not an expert on foods but i do have a budget and all the foods like that sounds costly?
but i was wondering, to maintain calories....can i just eat like a pig, you know burgers pizza **** etc and then try and turn it to muscle in the gym?
probobly not huh..... but no idea what my BMI is, got any GOOD supplements that WOULD help in mind?
and isnt a drink okay every once ina while? or literally not at all.....

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
i'd add in some oatmeal into the mix if your blender can do a good job of it, if not get some waxy maize (its cheap online). not only do you need to spike insulin after workouts (ONLY), but you have to fuel yourself before you work out (amino's and carbs), or your body scavenges amino acids from your muscles, robbing you of some of your strength. also inarius brought up a good point - stop drinking if you really want to grow. squats are the devil, but you will grow to hate lunges equally. again, try the mass gainer moves out (i forgot to incude the sled for legs as well), and let me know if they worked for you. in addition, if you're not 100% positive you're taking in 3k-4k calories a day, you may be only doing 2800, which may be too low for your age and metabolism. a shake pre and post workout will add in 500 calories easy, which will also help you grow, not only by nature of the added calories, but the timing of those calories, which is equally important. everyone's metabolism is different. when i maxed out my weight at 18 and 148 lbs i was eating like a pig everyday.

breakfast
omlette with veggies
2 pancakes
2 bacon strips
2 sausage links
2 oranges
4 bowls of cereal

snack
2 packets of M&M's

lunch
2 double cheeseburgers
1 reuben

snack
1 three muskateers

dinner
army entree (whatever the hell it was)
1 reuben

post dinner
1/2 a pizza from domino's.

granted diet wasn't clean, but if you're plateu'ing, its calories thats holding you back, even if you think you're eating a lot. in addition, i knew nothing about nutrition at that point (holy sodium overload, why 2 meals with veggie), so please god eat healthy. no pizza and make your own burgers.

Thats a lot of ****ing food...... lol
i really do try to eat as much as i can, lol but sometimes im litterally just not hungry! which is why i do the shakes quite a bit..... but is there someway i can put on the nessacery calories easy and fast? without eating junk?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Thats a lot of ****ing food...... lol
i really do try to eat as much as i can, lol but sometimes im litterally just not hungry! which is why i do the shakes quite a bit..... but is there someway i can put on the nessacery calories easy and fast? without eating junk?

Nuts and nut butters (peanut, cashew, sesame), sunflower seeds

A tablespoon of EVOO to your shake will increase fat cals.

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
Nuts and nut butters (peanut, cashew, sesame), sunflower seeds

A tablespoon of EVOO to your shake will increase fat cals.
mmmmmmm. The sunflower seeds i can do. Unfortunelty im deathly allergic to most other nuts.......
but whats EVOO? and i thought the fat cals werre the ones you wanted to avoid....?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
you still need fats... there are good and bad fats...
stay away from trans fat... I keep Sat. Fat low too.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
evoo - extra virgin olive oil. fats are bad if they're in the form of trans fat or polyunsaturated fats. monounsaturated fats though are necessary for healthy organ function. they are found in fatty fish (salmon), nuts, olive oil, avacado's. i'm sure i'm missing some other common ones.

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
you still need fats... there are good and bad fats...
stay away from trans fat... I keep Sat. Fat low too.
Yeah aiight. So that fats in like the junk food and pizza an **** r bads ones then i presume....

what about soda? like coke w/e i do drink quite a lot...... inhibiting as well?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i'd stay away from soda. sugar is really not your friend here. think about taking in things that are not processed - no premade meals, no pizza, no burgers (since they have too much salt and fat) buy 96% lean and make em, no soda, no trans fat. thats the easiest way i can explain it. preservatives may/may not decrease absorption of protein/vitamins. nobody knows. we all do know that unprocessed food gives us better gains, so there's something going on. if you've got a meat market nearby, buffalo is loaded with protein, and is the same price (ground) as beef. according to USDA, it is illegal to sell buffalo that has not been grain fed, or has added hormones. keep it as close to natural as you can without breaking the bank and you will see better results.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
how much water do you drink a day?
Soda will definitely hurt you. Stick to natural foods and drop the soda. Too much sugar and carbonation.
You should drink atleast a gallon of water a day...
You are looking for a supp but once you get all these down you won't have a need for a supp for a long time.

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
how much water do you drink a day?
Soda will definitely hurt you. Stick to natural foods and drop the soda. Too much sugar and carbonation.
You should drink atleast a gallon of water a day...
You are looking for a supp but once you get all these down you won't have a need for a supp for a long time.
Figures.
wow a gallons alot.....but yeaa that one makes sense.... hmmm so not even like creatine.....NO.....whey etc?
And buffalo huh.....now thats wierd.... is it good?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
buffalo tastes like high grade beef. and you get used to the water. i started with 2 liters a day and got up to 4. a little creatine and whey won't hurt. take the whey post workout with carbs, and creatine as directed. if taken post, take it 15-20 min after the whey if your stomach gets upset.

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
buffalo tastes like high grade beef. and you get used to the water. i started with 2 liters a day and got up to 4. a little creatine and whey won't hurt. take the whey post workout with carbs, and creatine as directed. if taken post, take it 15-20 min after the whey if your stomach gets upset.
Ok... so you dont think anything pre ?
and what about like a sugar free red bull? ....makes me feel better anyways....
but i used to take the creatine like 3 times a day? maybe not completely nessacerry but surely it wouldnt hurt me right?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
creatine 3x a day won't hurt. sugar free redbull is OK for you, though b-12 by itself is so much cheaper. just try your best to stay away from as much processed junk as you can. you've got a lot of information in this thread, from a lot of senior members in this forum, so i'd give this whole thing a reread, and try this all out and see how much you can gain. again, if you adjust all these things everyone has mentioned, i don't see why you won't put on 20 lbs this year. and please god, don't start smoking, as that is what kept me from a lot of my gains one year ago.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Post a normal day diet and what you are eating at each meal. carbs/protein/fat in grams.

A few shakes isn't going to cut it.

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
creatine 3x a day won't hurt. sugar free redbull is OK for you, though b-12 by itself is so much cheaper. just try your best to stay away from as much processed junk as you can. you've got a lot of information in this thread, from a lot of senior members in this forum, so i'd give this whole thing a reread, and try this all out and see how much you can gain. again, if you adjust all these things everyone has mentioned, i don't see why you won't put on 20 lbs this year. and please god, don't start smoking, as that is what kept me from a lot of my gains one year ago.
Okay sweet. Yea i appreciate tha info. you think 20 lbs in a year? wow, but yea ONE last question ive had a lottta mixed results from but im killin' to know, the guys you see in the mags...like the proffesional builders, jay cutler ronnie coleman etc, can you honestly get anywhere near that size WITHOUT steroids?

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
Post a normal day diet and what you are eating at each meal. carbs/protein/fat in grams.

A few shakes isn't going to cut it.
Oh jesus.
lol thats difficult but i can do my best...

breakfast : Bowl of cereal (Whole grain something or other) non fat milk.

snack : protien shake, salmon rolls

lunch: Chicken breast, rice, veggies, bread and butter

snack: protien shake

dinner: Pasta, spagetti, garlic bread, glass of milk etc

and a protien shake before i go to bed...

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
add carbs to first two protein shakes. DO NOT add carbs to your last, as it blunts Growth Hormone release. You cannot get massive like the pro's without steroids, and DO NOT take them or pro hormones pre 21 minimum, 25 ideally, as you can permanently shut down your natural testosterone production from them if you're not careful, and will decrease natural testosterone production for the rest of your life at your age. you have enough in your system as it is at your age. and 20 pounds is my guess from what you will gain from:
1 - altering your workouts to include more mass gainers
2 - drinking water
3 - cutting out a lot of processed foods
4 - cutting down soda
5 - not drinking alcohol
6 - being young with massive testosterone rates as it is and including more squats, deadlifts, and barbell bench.

its just like going to the gym for the first two months. its not unusual to gain 10 pounds, then it stops or slows down. usually those people are not eating clean. if you eat clean and do the right workouts, i would guess 20 pounds would be an expected gain after a year. correct me if i'm wrong here folks. lastly, add whole eggs (2-3) to your breakfast. it is proven that you need cholesterol to gain muscle, in fact, more than the RDA includes (remember those are averages - cubicle workers, not a gym rat), and eggs are a perfect source. also, you need more protein for breakfast than milk.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
You might want to consider changing up your diet.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
jack daniels at 16?
that certainly isnt helping at all

I agree.....stay away from alcohol. It is bad for you if your are trying to gain muscle....and especially at the age of 16.

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
I agree.....stay away from alcohol. It is bad for you if your are trying to gain muscle....and especially at the age of 16.
mmmm. i figuredd.... ive gotten alotta that.... but surely in moderation it cant be THAT bad...? what about at like dinners and parties and stuff?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
once again depends how often. I would pass it up, especially at 16. It is definitely not helping you at all.