beginner...am i overtraining?

gerryh649t

Awards
iv been working out for about 8 months now and im about to turn 18 i started out at 150lbs im currently 5'8" 170lbs and 12% body fat, for the last year iv eaten almost all organic besides fish chicken and turkey( i do not eat red meat or fast food) i feel great about myself and have been seeing solid gains since i started working out but anyhow this is the routine i put together and i love it but do u guys think im overtraining?

pretty much 4 sets of 8
i cant workout on weekends due to work schedule and these are all the exercises i find beneficial for me. i get at least 8 hours of sleep every night and i certainly dont feel overtrained at all im just looking for someones opinion because maybe im nuts lol

Monday
flat db press
incline db press
flat db flies
decline db press

tuesday
overhead db press
db lateral rises
shrugs
reverse flies
forward db rises

wednesday
squat
stiff leg deadlift
seated calve rises
decline leg press

thursday
close grip bb press
cable pressdowns
weighted dips
reverse grip pressdowns

friday
straight bar curl
db curl
preecher curl
bb rows
closegrip seated cable rows
lat pulldowns

any input wud be greatly appreciated

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
If you don't feel the symptoms of over training or CNS fatigue (unusual soreness, higher metabolic rate, trouble sleeping, loss of appetitie, etc) than you have no need to worry. Overall that is also a very solid training split.

The only advice I can offer is remember to take systematic breaks every 8-10 weeks from training (to avoid over training.)

Saurabh

Awards
If you are taking 2 days off at weekend then you are getting ample rest. So no you arent overtraining. I only hope you are getting 7-8 hour sleep on weekday as well.

gerryh649t

Awards
yup always 8 to 9 sometimes 10 hours of sleep lol

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
make sure you keep those 8 hours of sleep every night in order to let your body recover and grow

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
sleep is def important! When I was 18 and wasn't training I still needed 8 hours of sleep...when I was training I needed 9.

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
So you're going
Mon-chest
tuesday-shoulders
wednesday-legs
thursday-tri's
friday-back and bi's.

IMO you're doing a lot of chest, shoulders tri's. Shoulders and tri's are being used a lot already in your first day, then do to shoulders the day after seems mad to me. Triceps are also being stimulated in shoulder workout. Obviously not greatly but they are secondary's. Then shoulders and chest are being used on thursday. And you have only one day for the back and bi group. Here's what i like to do.

Mon-Chest, upper traps
tuesday-bi's, abs
wed-legs
thursday-back, posterior delts
fri-anterior and medial delts, triceps.

it works great for me, maybe give it a try and see what you think

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So you're going
Mon-chest
tuesday-shoulders
wednesday-legs
thursday-tri's
friday-back and bi's.

IMO you're doing a lot of chest, shoulders tri's. Shoulders and tri's are being used a lot already in your first day, then do to shoulders the day after seems mad to me. Triceps are also being stimulated in shoulder workout. Obviously not greatly but they are secondary's. Then shoulders and chest are being used on thursday. And you have only one day for the back and bi group. Here's what i like to do.

Mon-Chest, upper traps
tuesday-bi's, abs
wed-legs
thursday-back, posterior delts
fri-anterior and medial delts, triceps.

it works great for me, maybe give it a try and see what you think

good call! yeah, I didn't notice the lack of back exercises in there.

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
I was going to say to flip your tues and fri workouts and add some pullups to your back. But it looks like these guys above me got that covered. Looks good though.