Is this a decent gain?

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
I'm 16 yrs old: 6ft 75kg.

I have no protein shakes, no supplements. I have no structured diet, just pretty much what ever is in the house and basically 3 meals a day.

I have no diet not cause im lazy. It's just because I dont really have the money to keep up with a proper diet but i mainly eat healthy food.

I only have access to a bench press, free weights and a power tower.

Start of month:

Flat bench: 55kg 3/884
Dips: 3/874
Push ups: 3x5(after exhausting workout)
Leg extensions: 40kg 3x10

End of month:

Flat bench: 55kg 3/888
Dips: 3/888
Push ups: 3x7(after exhausting workout, not my max)
Leg extensions: 52.5kg 3x10

Feedback would be appreciated on whether these strength gains are good for the circumstances.

Sorry bout the accidental double thread

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I'm 16 yrs old: 6ft 75kg.

I have no protein shakes, no supplements. I have no structured diet, just pretty much what ever is in the house and basically 3 meals a day.

I have no diet not cause im lazy. It's just because I dont really have the money to keep up with a proper diet but i mainly eat healthy food.

I only have access to a bench press, free weights and a power tower.

Start of month:

Flat bench: 55kg 3/884
Dips: 3/874
Push ups: 3x5(after exhausting workout)
Leg extensions: 40kg 3x10

End of month:

Flat bench: 55kg 3/888
Dips: 3/888
Push ups: 3x7(after exhausting workout, not my max)
Leg extensions: 52.5kg 3x10

Feedback would be appreciated on whether these strength gains are good for the circumstances.

Sorry bout the accidental double thread
Any strength gains are great but what are is it that you are trying to accomplish? Oh and if your only eating three meals a day and (bulking: trying pack on the pounds) You better be taking ina hell of a lot of food!!

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
Any strength gains are great but what are is it that you are trying to accomplish? Oh and if your only eating three meals a day and (bulking: trying pack on the pounds) You better be taking ina hell of a lot of food!!
I'm trying to get stronger and a little bit bigger, mainly in the upper body for parkour. For climbing stuff. My main aim is more for animal type strength rather than bulking up completely

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lost me with the KG....we do it POUNDS BABY!!!!! :lol: just playin bro

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Both would be beneficial, imo. Weight training could help give you exposive power for some of the more dynamic moves. Plyometrics would be a great idea too. Bodyweight training would give you more endurance and would be more applicable to the martial art you're training for. I think that if you put an emphasis on bodyweight training with a day or two of weight-training/plyometrics per week it would be the ideal combination.

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
Both would be beneficial, imo. Weight training could help give you exposive power for some of the more dynamic moves. Plyometrics would be a great idea too. Bodyweight training would give you more endurance and would be more applicable to the martial art you're training for. I think that if you put an emphasis on bodyweight training with a day or two of weight-training/plyometrics per week it would be the ideal combination.
Thanks for that rhyno, will do:D

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
ah, parkour. then you ain't doing right, with all due respect. you need to be focusing on things you can do at THE PLAYGROUND. you need to focus on lats and legs more than anything. i'd say that pullups, WIDE pullups, and lunges would be your best friends right now. to do the lunges, take you some dumbells with you. i don't know what you got around the house, but if it's like a set that goes up to 45's that fine. i'd probably eat as adequately as i could if i were you, focusing my intake on healthy fats and proteins and fibers (even if they're supplemented i.e. metamucil), of course with some carbs from say fruits. i'd get the carbs in with protein alone if i were you, though, as carbs and fats together in high amounts will facilitate fat storage. as for what i have just said, you know parkour requires endurance coming through a light body AND power. you can't eat like everyone else on here and you can't lift like them either.

so focus on compound movements for endurance, eat at least 1g protein/.5g fat/1 gram carbs per pound of body weight. just an AMATEUR opinion, though.