Best back exercerses

Ectofighter

Ectofighter

Awards
I do wide grip pull down and narrow pull down. I'm sure there are dozens of others but would like to know what they are.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
agreed i feel pull-ups and deadlifts are the best back exercises

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could do just Pull-Ups, Deads, and some version of a row and you'd be set.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
good mornings are doing great for my back strength and size. also i still like db pullovers

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Face pulls for upper.
Deads for mass.
Pulldowns for width
DB or T-bar rows
Straight arm pulldowns for lower lat.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i like rows the best, db row, yates row, bb row, machine row, tbar row.....some varied pulldowns, shrugs. Deads from time to time.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Deadlifts/rack deads, and Rack Chins.. I love rack chins.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I just started doing DB rows (bilateral). Quite a bit different feel than uni DB rows or BB rows.

warren

Awards
deadlifts, bent over 1 arm db rows, seated rows, chin ups.

thats my back routine anyway

GreenTempo

Board Supporter
Awards
Heavy @ss deadlifts and then maybe some t-bar rows and lat pulldowns. My back will get as wide as I let it, my problem's thickness.

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
Its not really that hard, just remember cables are for puzzys. If you want your back to grow then just do deadlifts, rows, and pull ups .:head:

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
i dont know about you guys but my faviorate back workouts are:
Bent over dumbbell rows, wide grip pulldowns, rows, and palms out pullups. this stuff works i have been doing these to improve my pullups and off of these i am up to 20 palms out.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
deadlift.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNvONtw-94g&feature=related"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
yes upright is a version of row. i use it every once in a while but i dont feel it as much as seated or bent over dumbbel rows

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Anyone tried towel pullups. You wrap two hand towels around the bar and hold them while doing the pullups. I've done them a couple times the last couple weeks. Really works the grip... my fingers ached for a while afterwards.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anyone tried towel pullups. You wrap two hand towels around the bar and hold them while doing the pullups. I've done them a couple times the last couple weeks. Really works the grip... my fingers ached for a while afterwards.
I tried it with paper towels once. I was reluctant ever to try again.