HELP with workout program please

chriso21

Awards
In need of some help designing a new program for myself.I workout from home but got enough weight and machines to do most things, however limited with leg exercises.I'm just wondering if it's beter to do a split program working muscles once or twice in one week.i'm currently doing:
Monday and Thursday:Chest/shoulders/triceps
Tuesday and Friday:Biceps/forearms/back
Wednesday:Legs and Cardio
3 sets of everything.

program doesn't seem to be working i've tried a few others but none seem to work.Can anyone help.

Thanks

chriso21

Awards
To be more specific if that helps i've just started doin this program:
Monday:Chest and Triceps
Tuesday:Biceps and Back
Wednesday:Legs and cardio
Thursday:Shoulders and Forearms
Friday: Start Cycle again
Saturday:Rest
Sunday:Rest

Any thoughts would be great...

nightowlman

Awards
I did that same program for awhile and then hit a major plateau. So instead of working chest&tri's and bi's&back on same days, I switched to something like:
Mon-chest
Tue-back
Wed-shoulders&legs
Thurs-tri's
Fri-bi's
Sat-off
Sun-off
With this routine when you work bi's or tri's the muscles are not fatigued from back and chest exercises. Anyway that's how I switched things up and it helped me.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
First of all, what are your goals? Cutting? Bulking?

Here is my current split that I'm diggin'.

Mon - Chest
Tues - Back
Wed - Legs
Thurs - Shoulders
Fri - Arms
Sat - Off (Or cardio if I feel fat)
Sun - Off

I also do cardio 2 to 3x a week in the mornings. Currently, I'm cutting.

I like this split for the simple fact that each day I'm focusing on one muscle group so I can really blast it without worrying about fatiguing other muscles.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
I suggest the HST method if you are finding that splits aren't doing it for you.

3 full body workouts per weak
Use compound movements

Read up on it...back in the day I found splits didn't work for me but have found good results from HST

chriso21

Awards
Hey guys thanx for your suggestion, definetly gonna put ur ideas into practice it's gettin really frustarting at the moment.My goals are to pack on as much lean muscle mass as possible and just gettin fitter and stronger in general.i have changed my program up a bit now.I'm gonna try:
Mon:Chest/ Back / Abs
Tue:Legs and Cardio
Wed:Bi's and Tri's
Thus:Off
Fri:Shoulders / Forearms / Abs
Gonna see how that goes for a while but if not may get into that HST Program and see how that goes.

chriso21

Awards
Also just out of curiosity how are your programs working out for you guys are you constantly improving.