Owen's training program, interesting read.

lifthardheavy

Awards
Here is Terrell Owen's training program. (he's an NFL receiver known for his athleticism, physique, and big mouth.)

Max Muscle Sports & Fitness

What i found surprising is that he says he wants strength but not size, yet he trains with high-volume and high reps.

The other interesting thing is that he does a lot of machine work and isolation exercises. Yet everyone on the boards says that you have to do DLs and squats and compounds to have a good build and be strong. I guess he doesnt read these boards.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if you have noticed or not, but he is a genetic freak.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I don't see Owens being a genetic freak. I saw pics of him when he was younger and he was a skinny guy who started to lift weights. Also his routine is not geared for all out strength like a powerlifter. He's basically trying to build functional strength while maintaining his current musclature.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
It's a good example of how anything can work, but just because he is a gifted athelete doesn't mean he is an expert in w/o programs! I'll stick with compounds, plus look at him he isn't that big, 220lbs @6'3"?? granted he's in great shape but for our purposes, that's a good base to work with.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
he's a complete piece of $hit already causing problems in dallas. and for the record he has a personal trainer that he pays big $$$ to train him

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I missed where he discusseses his ab workout (crunches I believe) in front of the media while saying no comment the entire time? Maybe it was just forgotten and it was his Thursday mixup day??

Hes already getting on Bill Parcel's nerves with this hamstring stuff (which I dont mind if hes hurt hes hurt, but wtf is with the attention seeking garbage with discovery biking)

He is a immensly talented football player with a mouth that almost near erases it. As previously mentioned hes working with a trainer and nutrionalist so there just telling him what to do.

I would rather see routines for guys like Ray Lewis, Troy Polamalu (fast as hell with awsome size), and other guys of like size, speed and agility.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I would rather see routines for guys like Ray Lewis, Troy Polamalu (fast as hell with awsome size), and other guys of like size, speed and agility.
That's what I'm talking about, who cares about Owen's, and if he's not hurt now he will be when he leaves the meadowlands:nutkick:

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
I dunno, if you do enough steroids in the off-season, and eat enough food, as long as you're lifting you're gonna put size on. lol Just ask T.O.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Really cant say, check my location...guy went to school just 22 miles in the next area from where i grew up...im a few years older tho...

dunno, but during hs football, he was always a workout type of guy, even tho he was small....but, i was small also when i was younger.

Dunno about that mag, but he def does dl and squats; i got video of his workout doing that

Gotta remember one thing, these mags mean a little but not the overall. I remember when i first read about ronnie in a fitness mag, i read his off season workout routine and pre contest...then when i finally watched his videos, it was NOTHING close to what was in the mag....so....there ya go

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Exactly, these guys don't sit down and explain their routine. The writer probably asked if they do the most basic of exercises and then print them. When's the last time you met a reporter that knew what deadlifts were? lol

Really cant say, check my location...guy went to school just 22 miles in the next area from where i grew up...im a few years older tho...

dunno, but during hs football, he was always a workout type of guy, even tho he was small....but, i was small also when i was younger.

Dunno about that mag, but he def does dl and squats; i got video of his workout doing that

Gotta remember one thing, these mags mean a little but not the overall. I remember when i first read about ronnie in a fitness mag, i read his off season workout routine and pre contest...then when i finally watched his videos, it was NOTHING close to what was in the mag....so....there ya go