Tight upper calf

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Yes calf singular. My right upper calf basically from the upper part right to the area behind my knee has been on and off becoming nagging and sort of tight and tender. Noticed it when I would point my toes down during seated leg extensions and at the end of my leg workout. Anything to worry about? Stretching foam, rolling, prevention, treatments? Any body else experience this or informed?

Epo

Awards
Any bruising as like tear? I like foam rolling and tiger balm.

Low

Low

Awards
Careful with it, make sure you stay hydrated and supplement with electrolytes if you do cardio. I have pulled my right calf twice in a month doing heavy leg training then intense cardio sessions. Mine all started when it felt like someone bumped Into my leg and I heard and felt a pop. Luckily only out 2 weeks at a time. I'm very cautious on leg days now I have moved down a substantial amount of weight so I don't stay sore for a week + , I do a crap load of cardio as I am a group fitness instructor. That's just me. Maybe some of what I shared helped, definitely use foam roller maybe a calf brace neoprene sleeve and ice in the eve. You really do not want that calf to cramp up on you or god forbid hear that "pop"

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Careful with it, make sure you stay hydrated and supplement with electrolytes if you do cardio. I have pulled my right calf twice in a month doing heavy leg training then intense cardio sessions. Mine all started when it felt like someone bumped Into my leg and I heard and felt a pop. Luckily only out 2 weeks at a time. I'm very cautious on leg days now I have moved down a substantial amount of weight so I don't stay sore for a week + , I do a crap load of cardio as I am a group fitness instructor. That's just me. Maybe some of what I shared helped, definitely use foam roller maybe a calf brace neoprene sleeve and ice in the eve. You really do not want that calf to cramp up on you or god forbid hear that "pop"
I dont think mines thaat bad yet but I will keep that in mind so I dont push it too far, just a tightness I noticed thats not usually there, I will only train within a comfortable range