Need help with training!

Sambo123

Sambo123

Awards
I've been in a strength plateau for a very long time now, and in not sure what to do..
I pretty much stay in the 6-8 rep range primarily.
I feel like I haven't progressed much in size in years, I eat at a calorie surplus but I usually just maintain or gain more fat..
Feels like I'm using the same amount of weight each time, but it's always challenging still, never really gets much lighter so I don't think to up the weight very much :/
What's the best way you guys track how much weight you use on every set etc?
And do you recommend I train differently?

Thanks!

runtyemonster

Awards
I was kinda in the same boat man. Did strength blocks into my first meet and decide to do things differently. Dr. Mike Isratel has some awesome videos on YouTube, the jts channel, about how a hypertrophy block, in a caloric surplus, followed by a strength block can help you increase strength. The basic concept is that you build muscle in the hypertrophy block then utilize that muscle to gain more strength in the strength block. Simple, but often overlooked. I, personally, just started GZCL's jacked and tan 2.0 and I will follow it up with a strength block, then a peaking block before a meet in December.

Sambo123

Sambo123

Awards
I was kinda in the same boat man. Did strength blocks into my first meet and decide to do things differently. Dr. Mike Isratel has some awesome videos on YouTube, the jts channel, about how a hypertrophy block, in a caloric surplus, followed by a strength block can help you increase strength. The basic concept is that you build muscle in the hypertrophy block then utilize that muscle to gain more strength in the strength block. Simple, but often overlooked. I, personally, just started GZCL's jacked and tan 2.0 and I will follow it up with a strength block, then a peaking block before a meet in December.
Awesome man I will definitely check out his vids on youtube!
Yeah I've been pretty much tweaking everything but my strength lol, and now Ive come to realise that I think that's why Ive gained such a small amount in years.

runtyemonster

Awards
Awesome man I will definitely check out his vids on youtube!
Yeah I've been pretty much tweaking everything but my strength lol, and now Ive come to realise that I think that's why Ive gained such a small amount in years.
It's happens man, lol. I've been jumping around programs for awhile now. Just starting to take things a little more seriously and hopefully I can put up some real numbers at my next meet.

Sambo123

Sambo123

Awards
It's happens man, lol. I've been jumping around programs for awhile now. Just starting to take things a little more seriously and hopefully I can put up some real numbers at my next meet.
haha good luck with it all man, and thanks again for the help!
All I know is that it's a huge mind game lol

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's the best way you guys track how much weight you use on every set etc?
And do you recommend I train differently?
Do you keep a training log?
Do you do a specific routine with progressions/ layoffs deloads etc. etc.?
I have no idea how you are training at the moment, so I could not really say you need to train different per se, but if you are stagnating, then your stimulus is not getting you farther ahead, so something may need to be looked over!?

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like you design your own training, look into an established training method, (531, juggernaut, cube.. etc.) Follow one of those for 3-6 months then reassess

Sambo123

Sambo123

Awards
Your all out if novice gains my friend.
I'm afraid so :( I can actually feel the struggle now. Before hand the size and strength gains on a surplus were unreal, like being on a pH or something.. The newbie gains are amazing while they're on.