BennyMagoo's Training Log

Page 14 of 18 First ... 1213141516 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    Macros yesterday:
    242p 201c 164f 3269cal
    Feels low for your bw - you recomping on your current stack?

2. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    Macros yesterday:
    242p 201c 164f 3269cal
    •   

3. Tues 7th August Skwats
    Worked up to 2x5 with 150kg, then 3x5 with 155kg. Weight felt lighter with each set and I was tempted to bump up to 160 for the last one but decided to leave some in the tank for next week.
    Prone leg curl 70kg 3x10 bit nervous with this one after HGP's recent mishap
    Calf rotations whole stack 3x10 with bottom stop top pause
    Leg extension 75kgx20, 80kgx20, 80kgx20 - im 3 slots away from repping the whole stack for 20s wohoo!
    Seated calf raise 45kg for 3x10

4. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    Tues 7th August Skwats
    Worked up to 2x5 with 150kg, then 3x5 with 155kg. Weight felt lighter with each set and I was tempted to bump up to 160 for the last one but decided to leave some in the tank for next week.
    Prone leg curl 70kg 3x10 bit nervous with this one after HGP's recent mishap
    Calf rotations whole stack 3x10 with bottom stop top pause
    Leg extension 75kgx20, 80kgx20, 80kgx20 - im 3 slots away from repping the whole stack for 20s wohoo!
    Seated calf raise 45kg for 3x10
    As long as you don't drop the leg and lift it up suddenly after a full stop, I doubt it will happen to you. I was trying to squeeze out a forced last rep...will never do that again.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

5. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    As long as you don't drop the leg and lift it up suddenly after a full stop, I doubt it will happen to you. I was trying to squeeze out a forced last rep...will never do that again.
    Hamstrings respond best to eccentric training anyway......this is a particularly good article on training them.....

https://www.t-nation.com/training/lo...tring-training
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Its a bit up and down. I feel unhungry for a few days and struggle to eat at maintenance (around 3300cal) then ravenous for half a day and can easily put away 4k. Trest really messes with my head.

7. Macros yesterday:
    191p 273c 137f 3055cal

8. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Hamstrings respond best to eccentric training anyway......this is a particularly good article on training them.....

https://www.t-nation.com/training/lo...tring-training
    Awesome find, @Whisky ! Great read and good illustrated!

9. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    Its a bit up and down. I feel unhungry for a few days and struggle to eat at maintenance (around 3300cal) then ravenous for half a day and can easily put away 4k. Trest really messes with my head.
    For me happens with any oral. Never felt "awesome" on them. Also, just when trying to bulk they curb appetite -and may give me cravings while cutting.

10. Fri 10th August upper volume chestybro workout:
    Incline press 85kg 3x5
    30kgDB 70kg BB benchpress supersets for 12:6; 12:5 (bumping up to 32.5kg db) 10:4; 8:4; 8:4
    Rope tri pushdown 6:6:8 using 23kg, 17kg, 10kg for 5 sets
    Bar pushdown supers using 6,6,8 28kg 21kg 14kg for 5 sets
    Bench dips 25, 25,20

11. Saturday 11th August

Came in to deadlift this morning but I cant. Its weird, nothing hurts and everything is moving properly at low weights but at 180kg as soon as I take the slack out my body is just saying no. So just going to hit 140kg for 3x5 and do some pullups. Think i might be due for a deload as fter really pushing myself at work and in the gym for the last 2 weeks.

12. Havent logged for a week because I have been really sick with chest and sinus infection. Im still sick now, and am going to abandon this cycle for PCT and antibuotics

13. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    Havent logged for a week because I have been really sick with chest and sinus infection. Im still sick now, and am going to abandon this cycle for PCT and antibuotics
    Get better soon, bro!

14. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    Havent logged for a week because I have been really sick with chest and sinus infection. Im still sick now, and am going to abandon this cycle for PCT and antibuotics
    Sorry to hear that bro, you were smashing some numbers too

15. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    Hey @BennyMagoo79,

Take good care of yourself, buddy!

Sounds like your body needs a rest. Listen to your body and you’ll be back killin’ it in the gym soon enough!

Get well!! Get strong!

16. Sat 25th August Skwaats
    First session back after over 2wks off. Body feels pretty good, and i am exactly the same weight as last weigh in - 104.5kg. Supps-wise I am currently running 30mg ED clomid - to decrease to eod after today - and 4 pumps of iconogenin (Iconic Formulations topical laxo). I started the laxo a few days ago and am loving the instant pump it brings on.

Worked up to 150kg for 3x5. These felt easy to push but difficult to balance on the descent - kept shifting to the right, however less so with each set. 3rd set:
    https://youtu.be/sUojCJUP58s
    BW pullups 5x6
    Leg ext 70kgx20, 80kgx20, 80kgx20 - wow was really expecting 70 to be a struggle
    Conventional deadlift, beltless: 180kg 3x5. Was going to do rdls as curl machine was constantly occupied but as soon as I relised my hook grip has healed I decided to hit conv deads for some sets. They felt great.

17. Monday 27th August
    Got curious yesterday and took 0.5mg anastrozole prescribed to me by my endo. Wont be doing that again: it made me super cranky all afternoon and this morning I feel like the tinman after spending the night weeing. Estrogen is my friend.
    Benchpress: 110kgx3, 120kgx2, 120kg 3x3 Felt surprisingly confident with 120 this morning, usually bench takes a hit during PCT especially after taking 2wks off.
    Db rows 45kg for 5x5
    Db lateral raise 1.5s (1 up, .5down, up again) 5kg for 5x10
    Snatch grip push press 40kgx10, 50kg 2x8

18. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    Monday 27th August
    Got curious yesterday and took 0.5mg anastrozole prescribed to me by my endo. Wont be doing that again: it made me super cranky all afternoon and this morning I feel like the tinman after spending the night weeing. Estrogen is my friend.
    Benchpress: 110kgx3, 120kgx2, 120kg 3x3 Felt surprisingly confident with 120 this morning, usually bench takes a hit during PCT especially after taking 2wks off.
    Db rows 45kg for 5x5
    Db lateral raise 1.5s (1 up, .5down, up again) 5kg for 5x10
    Snatch grip push press 40kgx10, 50kg 2x8
    Weird. Adex does nothing to me, besides urinating more frequently, if e2 was up. I think the crankyness was not related to the adex.

19. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Weird. Adex does nothing to me, besides urinating more frequently, if e2 was up. I think the crankyness was not related to the adex.
    I lost 3kgs since Sunday too. On the plus side, nuts have grown too, but that happens anyway after a couple weeks on clom.

20. Wed 29th August back & arms:
    Feeling sore AF today. Nothing like 2wks off to completely decondition the body.
    Wide grip pullups 5x5
    Supine grip chinups 5x5
    Preacher curl dropsets with 40kg,25kg,20kg for 10,8,10; 10,8,10; 10,7,8; 9,8,8; 9,8,9
    Seated db curls 15kg for 6,7,7,
    Standing BB curl 25kg 3x10
    Cabe concentration curls 3x10
    Parallel grip pullup 3x5

21. Friday 31st August push volume:
    Afternoon session today, supposed to be with training partner but he is a no-show. Feel like I am getting sick again, 48hrs since last dose of antibiotic.
    Incline press 80kg 3x5
    30kg DB press 70kg benchpress supersets for 10,6; 10,5; 8,4; 8,5; 8,5
    Cable tri dropsets with the ropex5 then barx5
    Started feeling better during the dropsets, felt the animal rage rising up, my cough disappeared and my nose dried up.
    Tri bw bench dips 3x25
    Horizontal squat jumps 3x3 for about 2.25m leaps

22. Nearly left the gym, but decided to do some snatches:
    50kg 2x3, 60kg 3x3, 50kg snstch into OH squatx5 for 2 sets.

23. Left work at midday to hit the gym. Managed to pull 220kg for 5x3 before drama blew up at work and I had to go back to help out with some concreting.

24. Did a little random sesh yesterday after forgetting to pack my gym bag:
    Wide grip pulluos 5x5
    Parallel grip pullups 5x8
    Chinups 5x8

25. Tues 4th September skwaats:
    150kg for 5x5. Felt ok, but some reps were a little high. Hips are tight af from Saturday.
    Lying leg curl 70kg for 2x10 1x8
    Seated calf raise 40kg 15,14,14,12, 12
    Leg ext 75kg 3x20
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Beelze training log
    By Beelzebub in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2315
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 09:45 PM
  2. KELSEYs training log-strength hypertrophy split
    By kelsey in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 0