Training program for fat loss (opinions wanted)

briandward1

Awards
So I'm 5 foot 7 about 183, 19%ish body fat. Apparently I leaned into the summer fun a little too much haha.

Training split will be as such

Fasted cardio 5x per week
Weight split:

Chest tricep
Back bicep
Legs
Shoulders (maybe a little extra arm work-not much volume)

Am
-fasted cardio and abs:

30 minutes walking, ab roll outs
[work]

Pm
-weight sesh:

Will concentrate on main lift of each muscle group. 4 working sets of each lift, increasing in weight week over week i.e. Week 1: 12-10. week 2: 10-8. 3: 8-6. 4: 12,10,8,6
"Assistance" work will be 3-4 exercises of 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps each.

Cardio: 15 minutes hiit. 30 second activity, 60 second "rest".

Am cardio will be increased by 15 minutes after each 4 week training blocks. Pm HIIT will be increased by adding additional rounds week over week. Then at week 5 will be reducing activity to rest:ratio and then adding 2 rounds week over week.

Maybe a little convoluted, maybe effective?
Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fat loss is via caloric deficit. Training is only a part of that and there isn't a fat loss training template. It's all related to nutrition.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Fat loss is via caloric deficit. Training is only a part of that and there isn't a fat loss training template. It's all related to nutrition.
I think there are many things that can help though, on top of being in a caloric deficit such as fasted cardio or HIIT. Carb cycling or ketogenic diets help.. I end up loosing LBM though when I go keto...

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
BEAST73... how are you brother? I'm surprised you didn't suggest Androcrine and T2, give the kickass results you got...
mmorso, You right.. Nutrition, Androcrine, and T2.. lol!

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
briandward1... looking over your fat loss program, it looks like a pretty serious cut with the amount of fasted cardio (5x week). I'd honestly get some HMB to preserve LBM... Taking yohimbine before doing the fasted cardio will shred abdominal fat!!! It's great sh1t bud.. I like cheap Primaforce Yohimbine. OL Ignit3 is amazing too.

briandward1

Awards
Thanks for the replies! I know that nutrition is going to be the crux upon which everything hinges. I'm going to run at "maintenance" calories for the first week or two and see what happens. If I don't lose, I'll drop about 10-15% carbs. I haven't had good luck in the past by simply decreasing my caloric intake and keeping training the same so I'm going to increase energy output and slowly decrease energy input.

briandward1

Awards
P.s. Where should I look for a good t2 supp?

snowwolf

snowwolf

Awards
As far as training goes id focus on making sure you are really working hard for each set, sweating, can keep a reasonably elevated heart rate throughout your workout. Just have to make sure you can still move good weight while doing this. Low intensity stair mill for 20 or so minutes on training days, 30 minutes of HIIT on non training days is what ive always done and liked. I also like to hit legs twicea week but thats just me. When i diet i make sure i get my protein shakes in and drink aminos while i do cardio and workout.
But if youre diet isnt there then you wont get great results its as simple as that.