Tattoo's & Training

BigLarry

BigLarry

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey everyone! Hope y'all are having a great year so far.

I'm currently planning on getting a pretty large tattoo sleeve done on my left arm, and I just have a few questions concerning the healing process and so on.

Firstly, how will my training have to differ throughout the healing and for how long?

Second, I've noticed that minor cuts or abrasions haven't been healing correctly on my arms and instead formed scars. I can only think that maybe arm pumps are putting to much tension on the healing area and causing scars. I've had shoulder surgery and all of the incisions have drastically stretched. So I'm just worried something may happen to the tattoo I'm getting, any advice?

Lastly, what is y'all's basic advice and experiences from getting your tattoos done?

Appreciate any help,
Thank You!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tattoos are gross!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

warrior737

Awards
Hey everyone! Hope y'all are having a great year so far.

I'm currently planning on getting a pretty large tattoo sleeve done on my left arm, and I just have a few questions concerning the healing process and so on.

Firstly, how will my training have to differ throughout the healing and for how long?

Second, I've noticed that minor cuts or abrasions haven't been healing correctly on my arms and instead formed scars. I can only think that maybe arm pumps are putting to much tension on the healing area and causing scars. I've had shoulder surgery and all of the incisions have drastically stretched. So I'm just worried something may happen to the tattoo I'm getting, any advice?

Lastly, what is y'all's basic advice and experiences from getting your tattoos done?

Appreciate any help,
Thank You!
Ive personally stretched the picture of my tatts a bit from gaining and loosing. I have a few tattoos on my left arm side and they look good but can heal a bit ****ed up of your trying to make some gains and there's still a scab layer. After that scab goes the skin should just do its job unless you blast a bunch of test and put stretch marks through them. Healing is usually about 4-6 weeks in my case. After that you should be GTG

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Healing wise it seems fast, I could have been actively lifting again 3 days after each I feel.

Long term, think ahead what size you want to be when getting the tattoo lol. I under-estimated my initial bicep growth and may have a forever lopsided celtic cross, but it can't be helped now lol.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've trained the day after getting a tattoo. Lube it up and go throw some weights.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I've trained the day after getting a tattoo. Lube it up and go throw some weights.
You're hardcore, girl,

Tattoo artists have always told me to wait, so I do. Not worth risking messing up my ink

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
I've waited for my tats to heal I've trained the next day, I've found that waiting is best if your doing a sleeve. I have a 3/4 sleeve on each arm and you can see the difference in the healing process the ink fell out pretty bad when I didn't wait to train. My advice is wait at least a week depending on how fast you heal