training at night

leasky33

Awards
over the last few months, ive been going to my friends gym, training three times a week

so far its going good, alot of fat burning hit workouts plus lifting

i was thinking should i take a pre workout and bcaa's before, during and after, then a meal before bed

my diet i low carb during the day, and higher at night on workout days, and low carb on non training days

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pre workout will be dependent on how long it is before you take it and when you go to bed. In short, if it keeps you up, do not use a pre workout.

You do not need BCAA during, intra, or post workout since you'll be eating prior to training. The only time I would take them pre workout is if your pre workout meal is 4-6 hours prior to training or post workout if your pre workout meal is 4-6 hours before your post workout meal. For example, my pre workout meal during the work week is 10:30 and my post workout meal isn't consumed until around 3:30 or 4. So I take a serving of BCAA after training on my way hom, then have a meal.

ctoph11

ctoph11

Awards
Pre workout will be dependent on how long it is before you take it and when you go to bed. In short, if it keeps you up, do not use a pre workout.

You do not need BCAA during, intra, or post workout since you'll be eating prior to training. The only time I would take them pre workout is if your pre workout meal is 4-6 hours prior to training or post workout if your pre workout meal is 4-6 hours before your post workout meal. For example, my pre workout meal during the work week is 10:30 and my post workout meal isn't consumed until around 3:30 or 4. So I take a serving of BCAA after training on my way hom, then have a meal.
Ant is literally spot on. Great response.

I have been having to workout late at night lately because of work and school and I, in one way, need (really want, no one needs) preworkout because my day starts at 5:30 and doesn't end until 11:00 so I'm usually pretty beat by the time I can lift, but in the other sense, it hurts me because I feel that it keeps me up some nights when I try to sleep. I would see what works for you and how well you tolerate it. If you have to take so little (so it doesn't keep you awake at night), I wouldn't even take it. If it does keep you up at night, and you don't want that, I would just stray away completely and maybe hit the majority of your carbs relatively preworkout and maybe take some non-stim preworkout.

Same with the BCAA. Unless your preworkout and postworkout meals are several hours before and several hours after training, they are not entirely necessary.

Hope this helped! Happy Training!