Personal trainer qualifications

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
it's pretty self explanatory guys, very curious about this. So many ppl ask me for my lifting programs and my diet strategy. I know it's much more than that. But what're qualifications. I'd love to help ppl get better.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There's tons of certificates you can get by taking an online exam. You'll just have to research them and figure out which one you want.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
There's tons of certificates you can get by taking an online exam. You'll just have to research them and figure out which one you want.
thanks man! I'm gonna research today

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your Qualifications shouldn't come from an online cert.

I will elaborate more later

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Your Qualifications shouldn't come from an online cert. I will elaborate more later
thank you. Any guidance is appreciated. There aren't many personal trainers where I'm from and physique / bodybuilding is on the rise. I'd like to take advantage and help those meet their goals.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
find a reputable certification place. take the test. pass the test. get your cert

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
find a reputable certification place. take the test. pass the test. get your cert
online or locally. Like a college or what? Sorry just wanna try this

PILL

Awards
Research which certs the GYMs you would work at want. Different chains and different parts of the country prefer different certifications.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Research which certs the GYMs you would work at want. Different chains and different parts of the country prefer different certifications.
thank you once again !

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
exactly^

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yup, just like these guys have said. For my ncsf cert i just had to go to a 1 weekend workshop and then take the cert test at a local testing center 2 weekends later. I was a health science major in college so that with the addition of my own research pretty much had me more than ready to take the test.

Some gyms offer deals on the workshops so be sure to ask around. I got a pretty decent discount on my workshop cost.