What time of day do you avoid the gym?

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
What time of day do you avoid the gym? No matter if you wanted to workout you wouldnt' bother because of having to deal with too many people.

What time do you feel is the best to workout?

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My gym is a zoo 5-7pm.

For me the best time seems to be right before lunch. I've been awake for a few hours, got a solid meal in me, and the day hasn't worn on me yet. I have a nice energy high for the rest of the day and can still go to sleep at night.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Morning 8-11. Any other time it is like a jungle

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
My gym is a zoo 5-7pm.
Same as mine. I also avoid Monday and Tuesday. I have no idea why it's so busy those days. We'd is kind of busy but Thurs-Sun there is virtually no one there. Odd

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Monday is officially international chest day.. Every week

slayer01994

slayer01994

Awards
i try to hit it with the 5am crew and avoid the 5pm rush hour. Cant even get a bench around 5pm.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never after 4pm.

Personally I like getting there at 0415. Usually 1-2 people there and the morning crowd doesn't start till I'm leaving.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Went today ~ 6pm. Big mistake. Too much traffic/douchebags. I usually go at 9

venicebeach

Awards
at 3:30 till 5. damn hockey kids stealing my squat racks... all the squat racks...

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Anytime after 4pm is to busy were I go. I go from 6am-7:30am Monday- Friday. This gets me going and doesn't take away from work or family time

Guido14

Guido14

Awards
Either sit in traffic for an hour or go to gym at 5pm. I hate it everyday. Way to packed, half the people don't know what there doing

It's a zoo Monday- Thursday 5-7

clk

clk

Awards
when i was at golds, i pretty much hated going there at any time of the day. after 3, it was a **** show. it was like someone unleashed a box of monkeys in that place. now im training at metroflex. at metro, even at its busiest moment, there isnt that many people there at all. and the ones there are far more knowledgeable than me, have been doing it for longer and are all really cool cats. it always goes one of a few ways A) they leave you alone if you dont want to BS B) they share wisdom and help you out A LOT or C) i finish up my workout and catch myself just hanging out there in the gym bsing with everyone there.

clk

clk

Awards
but before that, it was kinda like this.
image.png

wray98

wray98

Awards
5-7 at almost every gym. I pass 2 other 24hr fitness locations to go to the one that is least crowded, but the stuff I see at the location is like a comedy club. Only 24hr I have ever been to that has a ping pong table in it. Total asshat gym!