dc training

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So who is doing dc right now? I just started today and I was quickly reminded why I love it so much :)

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Looked into it before, but than I read this one review where this guy lost muscle wtf probably wasn't eating on point. That and I hear injury rate with it is kind of high, hard on the joints. I might need to take another look at it though, I enjoy GVT.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looked into it before, but than I read this one review where this guy lost muscle wtf probably wasn't eating on point. That and I hear injury rate with it is kind of high, hard on the joints. I might need to take another look at it though, I enjoy GVT.
Dc is my favorite routine hands down. I only run it once or twice a year because it's so taxing on mind and body

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I checked it out. It looks like an alright program. I would maybe do it for two weeks and then go back to my normal training each bodypart once a week.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DC is great. Was using it after my bb show.

Injury is relative to ego. If you're actually following the program and TUT then your not actually moving a ton of weight.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
DC is great. Was using it after my bb show. Injury is relative to ego. If you're actually following the program and TUT then your not actually moving a ton of weight.
How much mass you put on so far with? I've heard the guy that made it put on like 50lbs, but I assuming he was on something.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So who is doing dc right now? I just started today and I was quickly reminded why I love it so much :)
Much bigger fan of R/P because I hate the stretching, but they both are hands down the best routines I have ever come across for size and strength. Any time I want to bust through a plateau I immediately think, ok looks like R/P is in order.

I put on 5lbs of solid muscle and went from a 1x515 pull to 4x515 pull and a 1 x 195 OHP to a 1x225.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I did it about 5 years ago when I could handle it. It is the only program that added muscle to me consistently and quite quickly. From what I have noticed recently, any time I add about 10% to my lifts for reps, I add a pound or two of muscle. Therefore, the fastest strength gains, for me, produce the fastest lean gains. DC produces very fast strength gains. I guess now you all follow :)

Now I just do something simpler using the same rotation of the 2-way split where I hit every body part 3 times in 2 weeks. No rest pausing and widowmakers but I am making consistent progress, just not as fast as when on DC. I may only add 2 lb of muscle a year but that is 2 lb more than most of the guys at the gym who do volume.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How so? Never have done it or looked into it far enough.

I dont have time to explain the entire program right now but if you read a few articles on it and spend time researching more about it, you will understand. It isnt something to do for 2 weeks. I mean, it wont hurt, but the program is meant to be sustained for a longer period of time to hit the blast and cruise phases.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^^ that. It isn't designed to just throw in every now and then for a couple of weeks.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I will look into it sometime after my next cycle.. Spring time for that lean bulking.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I will look into it sometime after my next cycle.. Spring time for that lean bulking.
i can cut or gain on this program...well, any program really you can do that (diet dependent) but the nice thing about DC is that it is only 3x a week so you have the other 4 days to really focus on cardio if you need to.

DC training has specific cardio requirements but when i do DC while I cut, I usually change the cardio portion of it to taylor to my goals.

For me, one of the most important part of DC training is the extreme stretching. If you read up on why it is implemented, you will never want to workout without doing that kind of stretching. I have implemented it into every routine I do now.