age and bodybuilding .

nightmare1234

Awards
hi everyone,
i am 23 years old i am training for 1 year now
and i would like to know if my age isnt an issue becuase i want to get big like as matt ogus layne nortone who started training very early in their life , i have heard that after the age 25 u start get muscle more slowly than before and it is Worrisome,
thank .

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Work hard, eat right, be smart about your training and nutrition and you'll be able to do what ever your genetics allow. I'm 35 and put on 3 lbs. of LBM last month.

nightmare1234

Awards
the best u can get muscle per month is 2 lbs and it is only at the start i think so ,
do u know what age u start slow down with gain muscle ? i have seen article that it is happend on 25 but it is only article with no reference or something .

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to sound offensive, but you're focusing on the wrong aspect of training. When I was a trainer we had a gentleman who was 63 yrs. old come in every other day and he was the biggest guy in the gym, all natural. There are guys on this forum as old if not older than me that are still adding muscle. Don't worry too much about the age aspect and focus more on what you're going to do to add as much muscle and strength as you can, and how you're going to keep adding to it.

nightmare1234

Awards
ok man ty,
do u think that with good trainint and nutrrition i will be able to reach to my max genetic as if i would start earlier ?
this 63 years is ripped ? or just fat?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't worry about what some article told you about slowing down with gains. Just work hard in the gym, eat right and grow grow grow!

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
that 25age thing is when things start to slow down. think of it in respect to recovery ability. and the slow down is like a few percentage a year, 1-5% maybe. you probably wont even notice a difference for 10 years. i turn 40 soon and i didnt start to notice till i was 37. im still getting stronger too. i just dont recover as well so i workout 3 days a week instead of 4 or 5.

a friend of mine that turns 37 this week got on hormone replacement therapy as prescribed by his doctor. he noticed not feeling so beat up after most workouts but no difference so far in gains after 6 months.

in other words, you are 15-20 years away from having to worry about it and by then all you will have to worry about is feeling a bit more beat up then when you were younger.

nightmare1234

Awards
ty very much for your answer :),
so in my words as i understand u i have 10 years that i can get muscle as i could if i was 18 years old ?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
ty very much for your answer :),
so in my words as i understand u i have 10 years that i can get muscle as i could if i was 18 years old ?
my point is, dont worry about it at all. you can put on muscle at any age. you may not recover as well between workouts but you can still get bigger and stronger well up to even your 70s. i do highland games and the strongest amateurs are the masters 40-49 group. even with me turning 40 in a few months im going to compete either lightweight or the open age bracket as the competition isnt near as hard.

hell even look at some of the strongman events. you will see lots of guys over 40 that are monsters. i did some training with a guy in his 50's that is still a 500+ pound bencher. i think his powerlifting total at 50+ is 1800. he did a strongman event this year and killed people half his age.

you are majoring in the minors worrying about this. train hard, eat hard, sleep hard and you will be fine. in the 15 years where you might(!) start feeling more beat up you will likely know enough about training to know how to adjust your plan to compensate and still make gains as if you were younger. remember, quality is better than quantity.

nightmare1234

Awards
ty very much it is nice to hear that i have alot of more time to train hard and make progress,
but i have seen the powerlifter peak is in the 30's my goal is get strong but astethic as layne nortone goal .
not only powerlifting

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
ty very much it is nice to hear that i have alot of more time to train hard and make progress, but i have seen the powerlifter peak is in the 30's my goal is get strong but astethic as layne nortone goal . not only powerlifting
To repeat what everybody is saying: don't worry about it. Gains will slow down or get harder at some point, bug they will certainly slow down quicker if you waste your time worrying about it.
Stop overanalyzing and get in the gym.