TIME 2 GET RIPPED

newob

newob

Awards
For the past 3 years I have concentrated on gaining weight. I have managed to put on about 30 pounds through lifting heavy weight for diffrent variations of reps ex.6-8 reps pyramiding every once and a while drop sets etc. The workouts have changed but with the same goal in mind to put on as much weight as possible.My diet has not been terrible but defintelty not one to get cut with. I reached my goal of 200 pounds in body weight and its time to change gears and get lean.I am still only about 11 percent bodyfat but would like to be around 6 percent. I know that the majority of this will be my diet.I was wondering what kind of workout some of you guys have had success with . I was also wondering since I will be dieting pretty hard should my intensity be dropped.Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Big K

Awards
I still use the same workout when cutting, with the same intensity and it has worked very well for me. Keep in mind that everyone is different, you may want to try and stick with your same routine, and if your not seeing results switch it up a bit.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
your workout has little to nothing to do with getting cut

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No. There are much better ways to train while trying to cut than your traditional bulking tpye training.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
definitely, listen to Bobo, he knows what he is talking about

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
No. There are much better ways to train while trying to cut than your traditional bulking tpye training.
he clearly knows far more about this than i do, i guess all i can talk from are my own personal experiences and i've found for me that manipulating my diet and doing proper cardio is all i need to change in order to cut, the workout i do doesn't seem to have an effect

GottaMakeIt

Awards
he clearly knows far more about this than i do, i guess all i can talk from are my own personal experiences and i've found for me that manipulating my diet and doing proper cardio is all i need to change in order to cut, the workout i do doesn't seem to have an effect
Bobo, enlighten us lesser beings!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry guys, didn't see this. I will explain further tomorrow, have to hit the sack now.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exercises when cutting should concentrate on sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. THis means high reps and slower temps. This will help you get that more "rounded" look to your muscles.

The lowest rep count should be 8. Shoot for 8-14 with a slow tempo (which will require lighter weights)

newob

newob

Awards
Thanks

Exercises when cutting should concentrate on sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. THis means high reps and slower temps. This will help you get that more "rounded" look to your muscles.

The lowest rep count should be 8. Shoot for 8-14 with a slow tempo (which will require lighter weights)
Thanks a bunch I will begin to put my workouts today.What if my wheels could use a little more size could I do the higher reps for my upper body and stay with the heavy weight for legs.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Moderate weight with a rep range of 6-10 will increase fiber thickness more than heavy weight. Heavy weight with low reps is more strenght oriented. What you should probably do is moderate AND light weight ranges. This will give you the 1-2 punch for overall growth that you want.

rajscorps

Awards
Moderate weight with a rep range of 6-10 will increase fiber thickness more than heavy weight. Heavy weight with low reps is more strenght oriented. What you should probably do is moderate AND light weight ranges. This will give you the 1-2 punch for overall growth that you want.
Bang on target! This is just what I thought was right and was explaining in another thread. All hypertrophy articles I’ve read point to what Bobo has said.

@Bobo – would you recommend a PL routine for hypertrophy? As in can one expect similar gains in size from a PL routine as compared to a BB routine (moderate weight with rep range of 8)?

newob

newob

Awards
Thanks for the info Bobo greatly appreciated.

excalibur

Awards

can you spesify how slow tempo up and down?
just woundering since its cardio time for me in about three weeks or so!

Chunky

Awards
I disagree with Bobo (no offense, I know you know lot more than I do). But my experiences told me that you need to focus on overload even when cutting. Im doing DC t raining, bulking or cutting, and Im always trying to beat the logbook. If I beat it every time, then it is because Im still gaining and that's the only thing you should care about. No need to overanalyse stuff. Just stay basic. When I start to think too much, that is when I stop gaining.

Only thing I change when cutting is add more cardio and some minor diet changes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplement Logs 4
Anabolics 5
Supplement Logs 15
Supplements 21
mixedup Anabolics 82