Ripped or massive

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What sticks out more do you guys think low bf% or more mass. I mean like if you saw someone at an amusement park which would make you say damn what's he on.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Being super shredded is always more impressive to me. The only time I’ve been impressed by someone’s size is for guys pushing seven feet tall and/or 300 lbs. But anybody can catch the eye with single digit bodyfat and decent musculature.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Being super shredded is always more impressive to me. The only time I’ve been impressed by someone’s size is for guys pushing seven feet tall and/or 300 lbs. But anybody can catch the eye with single digit bodyfat and decent musculature.
Totally agree

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah but if your shredded and a string bean who cares lmao.. same with massive and fat.. massive and shredded is what is impressive. But it’s not worth it to starve myself and be moody to walk around “shredded” rather have a normal level of body fat and pack more muscle and actually enjoy my life than constantly starving. Such a stupid way to live. Been there done that. For what a plastic trophy on stage? Yeah no thanks

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What sticks out more do you guys think low bf% or more mass. I mean like if you saw someone at an amusement park which would make you say damn what's he on.
I’m shooting for a combo happy medium in between shredded and massive.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed with Jebrook on this one. Shredded will always catch the eye. Now if you can achieve good size and shredded that will be the head turner.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
That’s the dream though hahaha shredded and massive all year round sounds amazing.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Of course it'll catch one's eye when you see a massive person but I much prefer Arnold's physique to the BBs that are competing now. At some point its just too much in my opinion.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
The guy that's massivly huge with low body fat.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m with Chados. They guys in the 70’s were lean, not shredded, and they looked better than the bodybuilders today. But most of us can’t achieve that look. So back to the question. I’m more impressed by mass. But you can’t be massive and fat. You gotta be massive and somewhere in the range of 15% bodyfat. I also lift to be strong though and being shredded is kind of counterproductive to that because you’ll be living on such a strict calorie restriction and have a low body weight.

blondbencher

Awards
Yeah but if your shredded and a string bean who cares lmao.. same with massive and fat.. massive and shredded is what is impressive.
Couldn’t agree more! There are mostly two types of dudes at my gym: A) The scrawny kids with abs that walk around flexing all day. And B) The fatass meathead that has huge guns, but a massive gut. These guys seem to flex all day. Massive and shredded seems to be what truly turns heads.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah for sure. A and B spend too much time on their hair.
All these guys are more shredded and bigger than any other living person at that weight from what I can see haha. If I had to pick I'd say A or B. The most realistic looking person for his weight is A.

And what do you mean spend more time with their hair haha.. Name one guy at 80kg that looks like B. It's roughly 175lbs now that's impressive regardless of the hair lol

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Its easy to slab on mass- getting lean and mean takes dedication. You want a ham bone for an arm, or have bicep and tricep separation thru intense workout and dieting? Lean and mean 100%.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At 6'6 325..and not fat. I turn a lot of heads. In public, i get comments all the time. Looking to be 300 and cut..at least for me..maybe 12 percent. 220 and ripped is awesome...but nobody knows unless your at the beach. But thats my goal, i want to be at the beach this summer and have people say...what the f3ck is that thing..lol

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel a combination of both if possible, like I have always been naturally cut with definition, hovered in the 160s range for years, now I'm in the 180s range and while I've lost some of that cut definition, I've gained a fair amount of mass and it does get noticed, especially by co-workers, so it really depends on your own goals. Me, personally I want to be incredible Hulk massive, I'd rather stand out in a crowd than blend in, but again that is personal preference, maybe I'll get there in a few years, for now, I'm just enjoying slow dry gains. Honestly my goal is to winter bulk, put on as much mass as possible, and come summer, do a cut to show off that definition.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel a combination of both if possible, like I have always been naturally cut with definition, hovered in the 160s range for years, now I'm in the 180s range and while I've lost some of that cut definition, I've gained a fair amount of mass and it does get noticed, especially by co-workers, so it really depends on your own goals. Me, personally I want to be incredible Hulk massive, I'd rather stand out in a crowd than blend in, but again that is personal preference, maybe I'll get there in a few years, for now, I'm just enjoying slow dry gains. Honestly my goal is to winter bulk, put on as much mass as possible, and come summer, do a cut to show off that definition.
I got the perfect program for you. I put on 50lbs pretty quickly doing it.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But yes...its pretty cool to be the biggest strongest guy pretty much anywhere i go. People have even asked to take pictures with me. Id like to look like that strongman...Thor...but hes got me about a few inches and 60 pounds. Im not far away though.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At 6'6 325..and not fat. I turn a lot of heads. In public, i get comments all the time. Looking to be 300 and cut..at least for me..maybe 12 percent. 220 and ripped is awesome...but nobody knows unless your at the beach. But thats my goal, i want to be at the beach this summer and have people say...what the f3ck is that thing..lol
Haha well 220lbs is above an average man already and with muscles and low body fat you'd get noticed even with a long sleeve on. Most people in the world weigh less than 170 and if you go by American average its obviously more for all the wrong reasons but let's just say the average is 170 in the US or even 180 you'd still only have a minorority going to the gym, an even smaller minority (standing out) and an almost non existent minority that is jacked on steroids. Weight really doesn't matter, it's how your body is built. A guy at 170 can be massive for his size, look at tyron Woodley in the ufc. No way he doesn't get noticed walking with a shirt.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha well 220lbs is above an average man already and with muscles and low body fat you'd get noticed even with a long sleeve on. Most people in the world weigh less than 170 and if you go by American average its obviously more for all the wrong reasons but let's just say the average is 170 in the US or even 180 you'd still only have a minorority going to the gym, an even smaller minority (standing out) and an almost non existent minority that is jacked on steroids. Weight really doesn't matter, it's how your body is built. A guy at 170 can be massive for his size, look at tyron Woodley in the ufc. No way he doesn't get noticed walking with a shirt.
This true. Height to weight ratio and quality of the weight. Im broad shouldered and relatively small waisted for my size...36. However, i have 0 ass...lol

benjamfzb

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I get hit on by women relentlessly at 240 yet i actually have to initiate conversation under 220... depends on how you carry it probs.

Im sure everyone here who gets mistaken as a bouncer whenever they go out will chime in.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol at massive and shredded. I hope no one expects to achieve that naturally because it’s NOT going to happen. Scary that the only body type people strive for are the ones that requires AAS and other drugs. Sad really if you think about it. You see guys who are scrawny and ripped and fat with big muscles why? Because if you’re natural you can’t have both and people are too ill informed and dumb to realize that the goal they are working toward is 100 percent impossible without gear.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lol at massive and shredded. I hope no one expects to achieve that naturally because it’s NOT going to happen. Scary that the only body type people strive for are the ones that requires AAS and other drugs. Sad really if you think about it. You see guys who are scrawny and ripped and fat with big muscles why? Because if you’re natural you can’t have both and people are too ill informed and dumb to realize that the goal they are working toward is 100 percent impossible without gear.
I’am going all out Natty!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Its funny cause I been cutting since coming off my last cycle. Yet, my co-workers keep asking if I'm getting bigger and when I tell them I'm 180 with a 34" waist. They can't believe it. Lol

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This true. Height to weight ratio and quality of the weight. Im broad shouldered and relatively small waisted for my size...36. However, i have 0 ass...lol
Lol I feel you that. My upper body definitely grows better than my legs and butt

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’d have to say shredded. I’m in IT consulting. I can’t come off as a meathead or I’d probably lose credibility. Now looking incredibly fit definitely helps. I get a lot of people asking me about nutrition and exercise. At 5’11” I try not get above 200 lbs in the winter and try to get down to low 180s for summer.

Mzakif

Mzakif

Awards
  • Established
I’m with Chados. They guys in the 70’s were lean, not shredded, and they looked better than the bodybuilders today. But most of us can’t achieve that look. So back to the question. I’m more impressed by mass. But you can’t be massive and fat. You gotta be massive and somewhere in the range of 15% bodyfat. I also lift to be strong though and being shredded is kind of counterproductive to that because you’ll be living on such a strict calorie restriction and have a low body weight.
Total agree

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And thus progressive TRT was born lol.. 300mg year round will hold a lot of size but to build any new size? Whole different ball game. Watch tony huge and coach Trevor. Gotta love the content they put out about this stuff

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Plus who the fuk wants to be natural.. I’m sorry but it just sucks. Waste of time unless your content with mediocrity. Our bodies are designed to horde fat and be a mess. But we must override that somehow

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Massive and aesthetic. The smallest stomach possible on the largest frame possible.

I'm 6'3" and out of shape have had a 34" waist. In shape it gets down to 28" easily. On a 260+lb frame but stillcouldn't manage to get abs.... Right now I'm at 32" trying to fix that within the upcoming 20 weeks with a good old fashioned full transformation style cycle.

cody199477

Awards
  • Established
Unless you got a good amount of muscle on you being shredded isn’t impressive to me. Only time you get looks is if you pull your shirt up but to me a skinny guy with abs is like a fat chick with big tits.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Unless you got a good amount of muscle on you being shredded isn’t impressive to me. Only time you get looks is if you pull your shirt up but to me a skinny guy with abs is like a fat chick with big tits.
KML!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
C04CCC37-7B4E-4FB2-8764-388DF217010E.jpg

Reactions: Nac
BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is my second attempt at a reply, the first one sounded way more homo than I am confortable with...

I don't notice shredded dudes at amusement parks, but big yoked mofos always catch my eye and get me thinking, "damn I wonder what that beast can deadlift, he looks ****ing strong as ****".

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I look at it like this. Once you realize your natty potential peaks, plateaus. You come to realize that why not take something to enhance my potential? Why bust ass lifting to see mediocre results, when I can bust ass lifting and get huge? People that knock people for being enhanced via AAS or SARMs don't understand all the effort that is put into the gym, my diet, etc. To many fools, think that you take roids and just get huge. That's so unrealistic. You have to have the heart desire dedication. Bodybuilding is a lonely pursuit. I enjoy the mental challenge of pushing past my genetic limits. All the haters doubters can eat my words. My time will come, you aren't born with greatness, greatness is made.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I look at it like this. Once you realize your natty potential peaks, plateaus. You come to realize that why not take something to enhance my potential? Why bust ass lifting to see mediocre results, when I can bust ass lifting and get huge? People that knock people for being enhanced via AAS or SARMs don't understand all the effort that is put into the gym, my diet, etc. To many fools, think that you take roids and just get huge. That's so unrealistic. You have to have the heart desire dedication. Bodybuilding is a lonely pursuit. I enjoy the mental challenge of pushing past my genetic limits. All the haters doubters can eat my words. My time will come, you aren't born with greatness, greatness is made.
Amen!

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If your stuck at a plateau I always ask where they started. How long they been stuck. Have they modified diet. Alot of people feel they hit there natural peak before they did jump on a cycle and gain like 20 30 lbs off a simple 4 to 6 weeks. In that case I feel they were pretty far from their real potential. Look at pros if they gain 10lb in a year it's good. Now don't take this as a lecture I am guilty of starting too soon also.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is my second attempt at a reply, the first one sounded way more homo than I am confortable with...

I don't notice shredded dudes at amusement parks, but big yoked mofos always catch my eye and get me thinking, "damn I wonder what that beast can deadlift, he looks ****ing strong as ****".
Hahaha you sure bro? This post is a little suspect as well Beasts catching your eye and got you thinking?

I'm jk man...Sorry I had to