I train mostly calistenichs and my "split" hose something like this
Day 1:back
Day 2:shoulders and chest
Day 3:back
Day 4:chest
Day 5: back
Day6: shoulders and chest
Day 7: rest
I throw in a little weights here and there for side raises incline bench and that's it I've never felt over trained and still make strength and muscle gains depending on diet (cut or bulk) why is there such a concern in overtraining, Tom plate the man with the best legs squared for hours a day. Arnold trained 2x a day for 4 hours total. With the available drugs now And nutrition knowledge why has our training intensity gone down?

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
tom platz not plate you goober.

first mistake - you compared heavy steroid abusers to natural training

second mistake - we anabolc minders never talk about over training, most of us know how hard it is to actually over train. what we do talk about though, is the stupidity of workouts like yours because of the sexy imbalanced design and how it leads to awsome posture problems

Keepitreel

Keepitreel

Awards
Would u like to see a pic of my overly "sexy" body that this routine has given me in a year

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Intensity isn't synonymous with either duration or volume. I'm also wondering why you mentioned Tom Plate?. Did you mean Tom Platz?. Um, I think he trained legs and didn't use calisthenics, but I'm sure he did some squats!. Also I didn't see any leg work in your workout....

Keepitreel

Keepitreel

Awards
damn it wont let me if you really want il PM you a link to my FB

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed, **** over training however I do believe in rest days (rest day singular :p). Over training is overly used to compensate for the laziness that has plagued people's minds. You think people back in the Arnold days lifting 3x a day for 3 hour sessions worried about over training? Sure they were on the juice but I'm just saying. I lift for 1.5 hours every day and haven't been over trained by any means. I keep my calories up, foods hearty and my dick rock solid for extra pump. Boom.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try max effort training 5 times a week for a couple weeks while sleep deprived and ****ty nutrition and then get back to us.

Your mistake is you think over training = exercising too much. It does not

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try max effort training 5 times a week for a couple weeks while sleep deprived and ****ty nutrition and then get back to us.

Ya facking max on deadlifts a few times a week. Work yourself up into a rage then max out till your eyes almost explode.

Your cns will give out before your body.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

im only sleep deprived during the semester, why would i ever want to have ****ty nutrition and no sleep?!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im only sleep deprived during the semester, why would i ever want to have ****ty nutrition and no sleep?!
You missed the point completely. It's not the volume that usually leads to overtraining; it's working at the high end of the 1RM scale.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You do calisthenics. How can you even consider using the word overtraining in the same sentence.

As mentioned, it's not how much you exercise but the intensity, volume and duration of the work performance.

You have no risk of overtraining doing calisthenics.

Keepitreel

Keepitreel

Awards
Ok why would u Max and then get ****ty nutrition Nd rest that defeats the purpose maximize your recover and rest and u do hit legs they are freaking bigger then your legs meme boi

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like this:

[video=youtube_share;BS-oRydlnCE]http://youtu.be/BS-oRydlnCE[/video]

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd rest on the sabbath too, if I did all of those jumping jacks. Solid work OP, don't let any of these knowledgeable members with experience shlt on your day. Shawn T would be proud.

rj123

Awards
Haha at people with egos so big they don't believe in overtraining

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha at people with egos so big they don't believe in overtraining
I don't think that anyone in here, so far, doesn't believe that there is such a thing as overtraining.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I train mostly calistenichs and my "split" hose something like this
Day 1:back
Day 2:shoulders and chest
Day 3:back
Day 4:chest
Day 5: back
Day6: shoulders and chest
Day 7: rest
I throw in a little weights here and there for side raises incline bench and that's it I've never felt over trained and still make strength and muscle gains depending on diet (cut or bulk) why is there such a concern in overtraining, Tom plate the man with the best legs squared for hours a day. Arnold trained 2x a day for 4 hours total. With the available drugs now And nutrition knowledge why has our training intensity gone down?
You're training with calisthenics and questioning why intensity has gone down hill???? Stop doing calisthenics and ACTUALLY train. Over training is most certainly real.

Ya facking max on deadlifts a few times a week. Work yourself up into a rage then max out till your eyes almost explode.

Your cns will give out before your body.
This
You do calisthenics. How can you even consider using the word overtraining in the same sentence.

As mentioned, it's not how much you exercise but the intensity, volume and duration of the work performance.

You have no risk of overtraining doing calisthenics.
Thank you

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
big ego because we like to push our bodies to see how far we can go? too see how big we can get? to see how far we can push it? Damn man i didnt know that was such a crime they had to invent a term to stop people from doing it ! (sarcasm font)

rj123

Awards
big ego because we like to push our bodies to see how far we can go? too see how big we can get? to see how far we can push it? Damn man i didnt know that was such a crime they had to invent a term to stop people from doing it ! (sarcasm font)
Huge difference between over training and pushing yourself (non sarcastic font)

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
Nomination for dumbest post I've seen since joining. The arrogance is unbelievable. Overreaching for too long will lead to overtraining. Most people who do these silly splits will never have to worry about it because you train numerous small movements, you work at a relatively low intensity with regards to the CNS and you often times give yourself (not in OPs "split") far more recovery than you need. Your CNS isn't going to give out doing calisthenics and lateral raises and it sure as hell won't ever reach higher levels of strength either

and...
Good day