same muscle 2 days in a row.

JoePavino1

Awards
Is it okay to work a muscle two days In a row (legs in my case)? today I had a ****ty workout from motivation loss and low energy and didnt even finish half of my workout. I did 3 sets of squats 12 reps, 3 sets stiff leg deadlift 12 reps and 1 set of dumbbell lunges 10 reps each leg. I feel like I should do legs over again tomorrow to make up for today but would that be counterproductive? Advice?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i personally wouldnt.....

Aryon

Aryon

Awards
Most will say no, and I used to be TOTALLY against it. But I will also say it's not so much overtraining as it is under recovery. Sometimes I've hit one exercise for chest and decided to do a different body part, then did chest the next day or something. I wouldn't do two hardcore sessions back to back, but I think you could get away with more than most of people believe with proper rest and nutrition.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sometimes the worst work outs make you more sore than the best.

I would wait atleast oneday...

I agree with the under recovery;) also just listen to your body, and if it's not talking to you, just listen to us:)

PROness

Awards
It's really not that big of a big deal. You're not going to overtrain magically by re-doing what YOU thought was a lost cause of a workout.

With that being said I have to agree with edje007's ideology that sometimes even though you may think you had a bad workout, the opposite may true. I've personally had days where I thought I was dogging it and next thing I know I break a PR or hit a _ rep max.

If you feel well rested and well energized and want to give it another go, more power to you.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly, you are really not going to lose/gain much if any ground, so waiting a few days and then tearing it up IMO is fine.
Think of what you did, as a light recovery W/O.