please judge my split(ripped till july 7)

cookie1

cookie1

Awards
Hello guys,
I've been working out the last two years and I can say I'm really satisfied by the results(I don't say that I look awesome). However, I've always had that belly fat that I couldn't get rid of it.(it looks like I wear a cars tire around my waist). I'm around 16% bf and I want to go down to 10 or less and maintain (my body fat) .So here is my plan I'm gonna do 4-5 times a week cardio and 5 times a week weight lifting. My workout routine will consist of strength lifts when it comes to the very first sets (5-6) and then I'll try to adjust the rep range for muscle hypertrophy. My work out will be after 1st meal + (prework out 30 min before) and my cardio will be six hours after I finish lift session. That's my workout split

Monday: Chest/Calves/TVA

(transversus abdominis muscle)

6x Dumbbell press
5x Incline barbell press
4x Dumbbell decline flys
3x Standing cable cross-over's
3x Machine Press
6x Standing calf raise
5x Seated calf raise
5x Standing on swiss ball (using TVA to balance)

Tuesday: Back/Core

6x Deadlifts
5x Weighted pull ups
4x Barbell rows
3x Seated low cable row
3x Reverse pec deck
6x Reverse Ab Crunches superset Cable crunches
5x Side Crunches Romanian Chair
4x Hanging leg raises
3x Oblique crunches

Wednesday: Quadriceps/Hamstrings/Calves

6x Barbell squats
5x Leg press
4x hack squat
3x Leg extension
3x Single leg bodyweight squats
5x Seated hamstring curl
6x Standing dumbell raises
5x Lying calf raises
4x Donkeys

Thursday: Shoulders/Traps/TVA

6x Arnolds Shoulder press
5x Upright rows
4x Dumbbell lateral raises
3x Plate front delt raises
3x Cable face pulls
5x Barbell shrugs
4x Machine shrugs
3x Calf machine shrugs
10x Vacums
5x Planks

Friday: Arms/Core

6x Barbell curl
5x Incline dumbbell curls
4x Preacher curls
3x Hammer curls
6x Skull Crushers
5x Weighted tricep dips
4x Tricep EZ bar push down
3x Reverse Rope extensions
5x Jack knifes
5x Ab crunch machine
5x Decline twisting sit ups

Height: 6"2
Weight: 212 lbs
bf : 16%
Bench Press 220x12
Squat 235 x12
Shoulder Press 198x12
Arms: 16 inches:

I'm really young and I recover super fast, so there is no way to get exhausted. Plus my best friend is a f@$%king freak he is always at single digits bf and he eats all day pizza pancakes and coca cola so I look really fat next to him.I want to get those abs for real! ."Its not a game". I might log it too, with update photos. I need help with the nutrition though since its my first time cutting .If you would like give me some ideas about meals.
Thanks for your time guys!.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
without even reading it, change the title of back day to include deads because people are gonna miss it and go anger sauce

hypertrophy training + calorie deficit for fat loss is an oxymoron. if you wanna maintain strength while on a cut, then strength train

youre also doing way too many sets of similar movements. haveyou read layne nortons phat routine? i would guess thats the kind you wanna do

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
i agree with the above idea of geting on a proven program. that will help with the massive amount of sets of redundancy and things you dont need to meet your goals. there are many to chose from and lets start with that above recommendation.also, please list what you ate yesterday. everything and exact in the amounts as you can. we need to determine your nutritional intake to help more.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
If you're 6'2" at 212lbs and have a spare tire then your bf% is most likely higher then 16%. Also, why use another mans ab shot as your avatar ? Kind of suspect IMO. So all in all your assumed stats along with your fake av kind of make it alil more difficult to lead you in a direction to target what you need to be going to accomplish your goal. Also I'm your stats you have 12 reps with all the weight mentioned in the main compound exercises so it kinda leads me to think your doing every exercise in your routine at light weight , high rep when you could go heavier in the 6-10 rep range. I second the recommendation for strength training routine and I'd ad some HIT and/or some light cardio after every workout and maybe add a supp to aid in fat loss but that recommendation would have to coincide with a diet plan

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're 6'2" at 212lbs and have a spare tire then your bf% is most likely higher then 16%. Also, why use another mans ab shot as your avatar ? Kind of suspect IMO. So all in all your assumed stats along with your fake av kind of make it alil more difficult to lead you in a direction to target what you need to be going to accomplish your goal. Also I'm your stats you have 12 reps with all the weight mentioned in the main compound exercises so it kinda leads me to think your doing every exercise in your routine at light weight , high rep when you could go heavier in the 6-10 rep range. I second the recommendation for strength training routine and I'd ad some HIT and/or some light cardio after every workout and maybe add a supp to aid in fat loss but that recommendation would have to coincide with a diet plan
That AB shot is a bb dot com users ABS.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
That AB shot is a bb dot com users ABS.
I know mentioning that was slightly off topic but I find it strange and misleading when people do that unless its a well known pros pic but even that's silly to me.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello guys,
I've been working out the last two years and I can say I'm really satisfied by the results(I don't say that I look awesome). However, I've always had that belly fat that I couldn't get rid of it.(it looks like I wear a cars tire around my waist). I'm around 16% bf and I want to go down to 10 or less and maintain (my body fat) .So here is my plan I'm gonna do 4-5 times a week cardio and 5 times a week weight lifting. My workout routine will consist of strength lifts when it comes to the very first sets (5-6) and then I'll try to adjust the rep range for muscle hypertrophy. My work out will be after 1st meal + (prework out 30 min before) and my cardio will be six hours after I finish lift session. That's my workout split

Monday: Chest/Calves/TVA

6x Dumbbell press
5x Incline barbell press
4x Dumbbell decline flys
3x Standing cable cross-over's
3x Machine Press
6x Standing calf raise
5x Seated calf raise
5x Standing on swiss ball (using TVA to balance)

6x Deadlifts
5x Weighted pull ups
4x Barbell rows
3x Seated low cable row
3x Reverse pec deck
4x Hanging leg raises
3x Oblique crunches

6x Barbell squats
5x Leg press
4x hack squat
3x Leg extension
5x Seated hamstring curl
5x Lying calf raises
4x Donkeys

6x Arnolds Shoulder press
5x Upright rows
3x Plate front delt raises
3x Cable face pulls
5x Barbell shrugs
4x Machine shrugs
3x Calf machine shrugs
10x Vacums
5x Planks

6x Barbell curl
5x Incline dumbbell curls
4x Preacher curls
3x Hammer curls
6x Skull Crushers
5x Weighted tricep dips
5x Jack knifes
5x Ab crunch machine

Height: 6"2
Weight: 212 lbs
bf : 16%
Bench Press 220x12
Squat 235 x12
Shoulder Press 198x12
Arms: 16 inches:

I'm really young and I recover super fast, so there is no way to get exhausted. Plus my best friend is a f@$%king freak he is always at single digits bf and he eats all day pizza pancakes and coca cola so I look really fat next to him.I want to get those abs for real! ."Its not a game". I might log it too, with update photos. I need help with the nutrition though since its my first time cutting .If you would like give me some ideas about meals.
Thanks for your time guys!.
You're using the routine of a vet. Under 3 years and your lifting 5xa week? Ehhhh...I wouldn't due to the stress on your cns. Cardio 4 to 5 x a week is fine just limit it to walking in my opinion. I have a few questions.

Do you do cardio currently? What's your calories at right now? Have you taken time away from the gym in the last 2 years?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know mentioning that was slightly off topic but I find it strange and misleading when people do that unless its a well known pros pic but even that's silly to me.
I hear ya. My AV is me at 8% my second cycle and wouldn't like people to use it else where. I did get on topic in my second post. My phone does not allow me to quote 2 people at once.

cookie1

cookie1

Awards
Guys its a mistake my real pic is on my main profile and Josef rakich inspired me to start training+I don't have a PC atm and I cannot change my pictures via phone. Now to the subject. This kind of training keeps me motivated.. I used to do less sets and les reps the last two years because as a student I did not have the time for the kind of workout I'm thinking now. I used to workout like that :chest/abs 4 exercises of 4 sets each 6-12 reps/ 3 exercises 4/3/3 (sets)
Back ,Biceps,Side abs : 4 exercises 4 sets each and for bis 7 sets and for side abs 4 sets 20 reps
Shoulder/Triceps/Weighted Abs:
For shoulders 4 exercises 3 sets each/Triceps 3exercises 3 sets each/abs 7 sets

No legs or cardio guys the last year because I didn't have the time(too much studying ).So my meal plan looks like:
1st meal: 2 servings All Bran Flakes by Kellogg's and 20g whey protein.
2nd meal: black coffee,4 risecakes 1 with honey and 3 almonds
3d meal(big one): 2 chicken breasts, a big green salad with tomato 1greek yogurt and 3 brown crackers
4th meal one yogurt 2% with 150 g strawberries and 25 g whey protein
5th meal :5 egg whites.

All bran Flackes Nutrional facts per serving:
Protein: 8g
Carbs:26g
Fats: 3g

2% Greek yogurt:
Protein: 18g
Carbs:8 g
Fats: 4 g

I've got fat around my waste because that's how my genetics are.. I get almost all the fat on my chest and Belly.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guys its a mistake my real pic is on my main profile and Josef rakich inspired me to start training+I don't have a PC atm and I cannot change my pictures via phone. Now to the subject. This kind of training keeps me motivated.. I used to do less sets and les reps the last two years because as a student I did not have the time for the kind of workout I'm thinking now. I used to workout like that :chest/abs 4 exercises of 4 sets each 6-12 reps/ 3 exercises 4/3/3 (sets)
Back ,Biceps,Side abs : 4 exercises 4 sets each and for bis 7 sets and for side abs 4 sets 20 reps
Shoulder/Triceps/Weighted Abs:
For shoulders 4 exercises 3 sets each/Triceps 3exercises 3 sets each/abs 7 sets

No legs or cardio guys the last year because I didn't have the time(too much studying ).So my meal plan looks like:
1st meal: 2 servings All Bran Flakes by Kellogg's and 20g whey protein.
2nd meal: black coffee,4 risecakes 1 with honey and 3 almonds
3d meal(big one): 2 chicken breasts, a big green salad with tomato 1greek yogurt and 3 brown crackers
4th meal one yogurt 2% with 150 g strawberries and 25 g whey protein
5th meal :5 egg whites.

All bran Flackes Nutrional facts per serving:
Protein: 8g
Carbs:26g
Fats: 3g

2% Greek yogurt:
Protein: 18g
Carbs:8 g
Fats: 4 g

I've got fat around my waste because that's how my genetics are.. I get almost all the fat on my chest and Belly.
I suggest
Cardio every other day. Also count your calories. Some of the pros don't have to count calories but the general population should. You may be eating too much or too little which can store fat. The reason you have fat around your belly is because its fat. Only one way to get rid of it..
Diet.
ABS 3x a week is.....eh ...not my suggestion. I have been training for 5 years and have yet to go past 2x a week. Being a student had nothing to do with not having a leg day nor did it mess with cardio. 20 minutes of walking doesn't take much effort.

cookie1

cookie1

Awards
I suggest
Cardio every other day. Also count your calories. Some of the pros don't have to count calories but the general population should. You may be eating too much or too little which can store fat. The reason you have fat around your belly is because its fat. Only one way to get rid of it..
Diet.
ABS 3x a week is.....eh ...not my suggestion. I have been training for 5 years and have yet to go past 2x a week. Being a student had nothing to do with not having a leg day nor did it mess with cardio. 20 minutes of walking doesn't take much effort.
Well in my country the esucational system is f#%cked up..I was almost the only person who had the will to workout despite the fact that I had to study hard (like 8-10 hours a day and I don't lie) and I was sleeping 5 to 6 hours a day to make it happen .Most of my classmates became fat and I was the only one who gained muscle. Inside class they teach you simple things and when it comes the time to test you they give you x10 harder problems and every student hires a tutor to help them getting ready for the exams and many of them supplement themselves with mental drugs and brain-thinking enhancers . So i think there is an excuse not to train legs and not doing cardio.And I'm just saying I store most of my fat on my belly and chest, when I was kid I was stupidly fasting to lose weight and I lost tons of fat and lots of muscle (I couldn't curl 4pounds for 20reps) but still I was skinny every where and my "tire" of fat was there... a lot smaller but it was still there.
I train abs day after day and I do lower upper middle abs/rest/side abs/rest/lower upper middle abs.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
wow, what you described for me is 1-2 meals and you say its 3k+ calories? did you run those through a calorie counter app or something. my first thought was that was very few calories and a heck of a lot of carbs, not near enough protein or fat. read up a bit on carb backloading, carb cycling, intermittent fasting. you will notice a common theme with any successful diet to shed fat, and that is eating less. i am also a big fan of controlling carbs to shed fat and that is why i recommend those listed diets.

for your workout, i still say get on a proven one. try PHAT and/or read up on charles poliquins material on PHA training. or keep it simple with some 5/3/1 with the north of vag template. basically, simplify and increase your work intensity immensely.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I eat around 3000 to 3500kcals
Assuming 12 to 16 week cut.

Reduce by 150 to 200 once you stop loosing weight you reduce by another 150 to 250 calories. Add in cardio /do more cardio. Don't drop below 1800 calories.
Take the calories from carbs. The cardio you should be doing should be low intensity. Walking on an incline should suffice

The harsh fact is many will suggest hiit but in my opinion this is where people **** up. Add hiit the last 2 to 4 weeks. A large calorie deficit right out the gate is a recipe for plateau

If you're worried about muscle loss do refeeds. Bring your calories up to maintenance on a workout day*just one* every 2 to 3 weeks.

Keep your routine simple and try and add some strenght Rep ranges in there. 3 to 5 reps on 1 compound movements. This will maintain strenght or it has in my case. Don't do high volume unless you are on anabolics.* not reccomending but yeah*

Once your done with the 12 to 16 week cut increase your calories by 150 to 250 /week until you are back to maintenance.

Reducing calories slowly will make sure your fat loss doesn't stall. Increasing them slowly as mentioned above will prevent as much fat gain when you come off the diet.

Maintain the weight *give or take 1 to 3 pounds * for 3 weeks and your body should have some cuts for the sluts when all this is said and done. Once you're stabilized with your new bodyfat % *after 3 to 4 weeks maintain * if you need to cut more just repeat if you are happy go for more size.:)
Please note your body decides where the fat comes off and most beta 2 antagonist are temporary.

Add in fat burners weeks 8+ .they work better the lower bodyfat you are.
Alphamine is a great addition.

Also you can make yourself look lean as hell if while you maintain opt for the lower sodium and more water approach. Photo shoot anyone?

cookie1

cookie1

Awards
Thanks for the input.I've always liked to make my own routines which they worked for me perfect.I've read 2 books about exercises and I followed max-ot program for the first 6 months(the strength gains were amazing, imagine a skinny-fat guy shoulder pressing 80lbs dumbbells for 6.... it was when I bought my first protein and I was thinking that they were roids hahaha).I need help with my bicep peak though...its awful.By the way could you please tell me, if going to the toilet (taking the s**t ) 5-7 times a day is normal? Is it because I eat too frequently?Ow and... I don't mind doing double shifts to prevent muscle loss (ex.do cardio 6 hours after or before workout)

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the input.I've always liked to make my own routines which they worked for me perfect.I've read 2 books about exercises and I followed max-ot program for the first 6 months(the strength gains were amazing, imagine a skinny-fat guy shoulder pressing 80lbs dumbbells for 6.... it was when I bought my first protein and I was thinking that they were roids hahaha).I need help with my bicep peak though...its awful.By the way could you please tell me, if going to the toilet (taking the s**t ) 5-7 times a day is normal? Is it because I eat too frequently?Ow and... I don't mind doing double shifts to prevent muscle loss (ex.do cardio 6 hours after or before workout)
At the end of the day its calories in vs calories out. Do cardio whenever you have time.

The 5 to 7 ****s is normal for some.

For biceps its mostly genetics but don't let that stop you from training them. 3 exercises that should be tried if not already in routine are 21s,reverse curls and hammer curls.
Biceps are generally prone to slow recovery. Train them 1x per week*isolation* if your not already and see how that helps.

cookie1

cookie1

Awards
Yeah i know its genetics my best friend who does the same routine as me has big @ss biceps and yes I've tried the above exercises already.I think if I cut down they will look better but idk: (.I've tried doing twice a week biceps one light day after back and one heavy day,I can see though a small improvement when I added hanging hammer curls

cookie1

cookie1

Awards
Monday: Chest/Calves

4x Dumbell press
4x Incline barbell press
4x Dumbell decline flys
3x Standing cable crossover
3x Machine Press
5x Standing calf raise
5x Seated calf raise

Tuesday: Deadlifts/Back/Core

6x Deadlifts
5x Weighted pull ups
4x Barbell rows
3x Seated low cable row
3x Reverse pec deck:
4x Reverse Crunches ss Cable crunches
4x Side Crunches Romanian Chair
4x Hanging leg raises
3x Oblique crunches

6x Barbell squats
4x Leg press
4x hack squat
3x Leg extension
5x Seated hamstring curl
5x Lying calf raises
4x Donkeys

4x Arnolds Shoulder press
4x Upright rows
4x Cable face pulls
4x Barbell shrugs
4x Machine shrugs
3x Calf machine shrugs
10x Stomach vacuum
5x Planks

4x Barbell curl
4x Incline dumbell curls
4x Preacher curls
3x Hammer curls
5x Skull Crushers
4x Weighted tricep dips
5x Jack knifes
5x Ab crunch machine

Saturday: Rest
Sunday. :Rest

In every compound movement I'm going to do the first two sets really heavy (3-6) reps and after those sets I'll try to hit 8-10 reps.
I'll do for the first 5 weeks slow jog/fast walk on incline treadmill for 40 minutes. After the fifth week I'll try to gradually add HIIT to the game.
So the first thing I will do when I wake up is cardio, then I'll try to keep till early afternoons low Carb diet and 30min before workout I'll take a p/wo (Craze,5g creatine) and by the time I finish workout I will try to eat in a 5 hour window all the carbs for the day and the remaining protein/fats and repeat every day.and yes I will use creatine for strength and because I will drink tons of water so no worries for the water retain.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
If it works for you man more power too ya

cookie1

cookie1

Awards
Once you're stabilized with your new bodyfat % *after 3 to 4 weeks maintain * if you need to cut more just repeat if you are happy go for more size.:)
When you mean more size that includes fat?I'm not afraid the fat as it is, the only problem is that I don't get the point of cutting and then gaining back some or lots of it in order to build muscle. I might go for another year of bulking to add more mass because I'll have enough free time to focus on gaining a serious amount of musclemass. I'm really confused, I don't know if recomp is better but I've heard you make really slow progress when it comes to muscle gain if you do it natty...But I'll add for sure cardio either I decide bulk, cut or recomp..

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
When you mean more size that includes fat?I'm not afraid the fat as it is, the only problem is that I don't get the point of cutting and then gaining back some or lots of it in order to build muscle. I might go for another year of bulking to add more mass because I'll have enough free time to focus on gaining a serious amount of musclemass. I'm really confused, I don't know if recomp is better but I've heard you make really slow progress when it comes to muscle gain if you do it natty...But I'll add for sure cardio either I decide bulk, cut or recomp..
You do gain bodyfat when you go for mass. How much depends on your diet.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
So if I am in a carbolic surplus of 200 kcals I'll be good?
Okay. Gaining weight is a give take. You take the good and sometimes it gives you the bad. Fat gain is unavoidable. Some will say different but...its the way the body works. You will however gain more fat at a 500 or 1000 calorie surplus than at a 200 calorie surplus. A 200 to 300 calorie surplus will let you gain weight without significant fat gain. After about 6 months judge yourself in the mirror. If your happy with your appearance don't cut. If you are UN happy go on a 8 to 16 week diet.

cookie1

cookie1

Awards
At the end of the day cutting would be a great idea to see where I'm at and how far I am from my goals. When I first started, I weighted 182 lbs and I am +30 lbs up but I think 5-10 lbs are fat! So I might try to cut down close to my starting weight and compare pictures lol: P

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
At the end of the day cutting would be a great idea to see where I'm at and how far I am from my goals. When I first started, I weighted 182 lbs and I am +30 lbs up but I think 5-10 lbs are fat! So I might try to cut down close to my starting weight and compare pictures lol: P
Were you "ripped" or skinny when you started? May have more than 10 or 20 lbs to loose.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
If that's you in your avatar you really don't have shyt to worry about man lol

cookie1

cookie1

Awards
If that's you in your avatar you really don't have shyt to worry about man lol
Its josef rakich abs...: (.I don't have abs and I never had but I'm fed up with my belly I want some striations and some serratus and oblique action!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its josef rakich abs...: (.I don't have abs and I never had but I'm fed up with my belly I want some striations and some serratus and oblique action!
Cookie. I suggest you change your avatar. People keep thinking this is you and you won't get any help because they think you're already ripped. Been following several threads and this is a recurring issue.

cookie1

cookie1

Awards
I can't do it via cell phone(application) ...I'll try change it from my phones browser

Edit: I changed it: P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

6x Deadlifts
5x Weighted pull ups
4x Barbell rows
3x Seated low cable row
3x Reverse pec deck
4x Hanging leg raises
3x Oblique crunches

6x Barbell squats
5x Leg press
4x hack squat
3x Leg extension
5x Seated hamstring curl
5x Lying calf raises
4x Donkeys
Can I ask why you are doing the biggest exercises and the biggest muscles groups with obviously the heaviest weights on back to back days ie: Tuesday & Wednesdays?

Also, agree with others who have said too many exercises and most likely not enough focus put on just a few. The quality of work and exercises always trumps the absolute number of them.

cookie1

cookie1

Awards
Basically I was about to change legs day to Friday because of that but you got me.By the way I don't get the point about having too many exercises I thought the more angles you hit your muscles the better.. And I'll always focus for the very first sets on really heavy lifts.I might consider doing those sets in a row. Example: 3x bench press, 3x incline press (heavy sets (3-6 reps) and then execute the rest of the program with the above sets removed. I really focus on the form and the muscle mind connection too.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yh that's what I think too.
I will say this. Our body constantly fluctuates in bodyweight. Weigh in the morning after your morning piss before consumption of anything even water once a week.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And I'll always focus for the very first sets on really heavy lifts.I might consider doing those sets in a row. Example: 3x bench press, 3x incline press (heavy sets (3-6 reps) and then execute the rest of the program with the above sets removed. I really focus on the form and the muscle mind connection too.
Well, I guess it depends on what your goals are?

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I want size and strength, I don't get why to have size while your strength sucks. Its just my opinion..
Well, I wasn't sure what your goals, but yes, I think most guys (at least starting out) want size and of course strength.

2 cents...
Personally, I find doing a lot of different exercises and iso work to be less efficient than just sticking to the 5-7 big compound exercises and working to put heavier weight on the bar over cycles by utilizing the biggest musculature structures of the body in a freer weight moving type fashion.
The gurus (Rippetoe, McCallum, Starr, Steiner, McRobert, Dittillo, and on and on) did not get where they are, writing W/O plans that do not work best for the masses.
Also, when I use the phrase focus, I am not talking about the mind muscle connection during an exercise per se. I am talking about the main focus being constantly increasing the 3-5 big compound lifts by quite a bit of weight and thus pushing towards #300-#400-#500+ (for the average trainee) and then the other lifts are more or less assistances or auxiliary work ie arms/abs, that do not stray you from the main focus of moving the 3-5-7 top lifts up. If you put the energy into those exercises, you will not have much left to do a bunch of other stuff really.
Those are okay for cycles of say, honing physiques etc. but not the best for increasing overall mass and size thru out the frame of the body like having the structure support heavy squats, deadlifts, OHP's, rows and BP's. Doing the majority of work standing, also helps load the body and main trunk/torso systems and improve overall strength/mass and work ethic.

cookie1

cookie1

Awards
I always focus on the heavy compound movements on the very first sets the 1/3 of my sets are compounds and then I just want to finish the job
..but my endurance is pretty high I have to do like tons of sets to actually destroy my muscles.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
I always focus on the heavy compound movements on the very first sets the 1/3 of my sets are compounds and then I just want to finish the job
..but my endurance is pretty high I have to do like tons of sets to actually destroy my muscles.
Then increase your intensity. Volume and intensity are inversely related. So if you can do a lot of volume your intensity is very low.

cookie1

cookie1

Awards
Lets say we got a 16 sets workout program.I go heavy for the first 6 sets,moderate next 7-8 sets and light next 2-3 sets (not more than 15 reps though).That's what I did today and I killed my muscles for sure I'm starting feeling sore already . On the last 2-3 sets I add supersets or dropsets to let my body guess all the time.

cookie1

cookie1

Awards
the broscience is strong in this one
So stop being a douche and help the situation to go above broscience?. Seriously I'm fed up with those kind of behaviors ,reply if you have something helpful to say not to act like the smart guy .

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
So stop being a douche and help the situation to go above broscience?. Seriously I'm fed up with those kind of behaviors ,reply if you have something helpful to say not to act like the smart guy .
if you hang out in forums long enough you will see come along and ask questions then tell everyone they are wrong cause its not what they want to hear. and usually the person is so ass backwards they come across like a tard.

this may or not have happened in this thread, but i know as a forum veteran it gets old and when we start to see that pattern we lose interest quickly and sometimes like above we make a short comment that makes some others laugh that know whats going on.

its really that simple.

cookie1

cookie1

Awards
Thanks for the input but then you erase the point of the forum ,we are hear to help each other make the right choices. If every veteran acts like that then they ain't helping the community. Its better not to reply than posting smart @ss comments . And by the way, only a real trainer who has also studied about nutrition and exercise can actually give you real facts and advice. Everything else is bros and if bro science works then why not to give it a try!.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
<--- = real trainer certified by NASM. i was the first post to your thread and already tried to help but you. but you refuse to change your routine and make up excuses so i think ill resort to smartass comments

ps. certifications dont mean ****. if thats your standard for information sources, then you trust trainers way too much

cookie1

cookie1

Awards
You are the first trainer I contact with ever!. Well you can't give me a solid advice since you don't know how my body works(none can via internet) . who said I won't change it, I already lowered the sets close to 16 sets and I'm collecting all the infos i get and I apply them in the gym to see what works better for me.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
You are the first trainer I contact with ever!. Well you can't give me a solid advice since you don't know how my body works(none can via internet) . who said I won't change it, I already lowered the sets close to 16 sets and I'm collecting all the infos i get and I apply them in the gym to see what works better for me.
i guess im the second trainer, ACE, ISSA, NASM certified.

and yes, we do know your body. you are homo sapien, therefore have the same physiology, therefore have the same anatomy. that is why when you study those subjects its just 1 set you study, not 1 for every human being on the planet.

what most people think as them being so different is a psychological effect, neuromuscular efficiency, sleep habits, and eating habits.

a great program can fail if the person does not believe in it. they will half ass it and spend 3-4 weeks on it then go back to something they believe in and work it harder than anything else they have ever done. they will then think the crappy program they designed is superior when the little test they did was flawed in every way possible. this is why evidence using only yourself is poor evidence. when thousands of others over decades get results from a program that shows great evidence that it is a proven program and the reason why we recommend them. another source is from research where results are tightly measured in a controlled environment. but still, science should be there to answer the splitting hairs arguments that arise from broscience and internet forums. to say what exercise is better then the other. it stakes takes experience to know to put it all together. training is part art and part science. many have 1, few have both.

neuromuscular efficiency can show a difference between people. that is in my words, like learning a skill. as you get better at the skill of lifting you get stronger with little gain in muscle mass. it does not mean the programs between a veteran and a newb need to be drastically different. it can be as simple as do 30 reps total of a movement. a veteran would do best doing 10 sets of 3 while a newb would do best at 3 sets of 10. their volume was the same and intensity was the same as they likely both used 80% of their max. the workouts appeared different and this is where art comes in. a few quick questions on how long you have lifted and what you have done in the past with future goals and one can answer which will work. all that without meeting the person. as some truths always hold true, that is why proven programs exist.

sleep habits can effect peoples results. the body builds between workouts. science has shown that hormonal changes during sleep help to build muscles and sleep after skill practice improves the skill. but as we workout more we need more sleep to gain the full benefit of sleep. so sleep less and/or have low quality of sleep and your workout can be effected. that does not mean you are different, it only means you are not taking advantage of what needs to be done.

i love the phrase, you cant out work a crappy diet. basically you can be on a great workout and get great results for a short period of time. especially if you are a young male and have the test levels high enough to kill an elephant. but that is the exception to the rule. in the long run a diet will prevent your from gaining and prevent you from shedding. with the media spouting off so much crap about nutrition and decades of bad research thinking that fat is what makes you fat and high carb grain filled diets are the best it is becoming hard to tell what is good for us. add in the belief that most people think eating good is expensive, a mcdonalds on every corner, the lazy attitude of americans, krispy creme fridays at the office, etc, its no wonder we are so fat.

after years of trying to find out if there is a reason to think that everyone is different when it comes to exercise a chemist helped me form a hypothesis. it is the chemistry of the body that effects us and it is still not differently in that the mechanisms are the same and can be expressed mathematically. it is the amount of the chemicals in the reactions that cause a difference. once person may have higher test, another higher HGH, another a different chemical. that does not mean we mechanically are all different. it only means a slight difference in results and even then i think the differences are in the single percentage range. now its only a hypothesis as i have no evidence to back it. it just sounds reasonable and maybe someday ill look back and think that was stupid.

i am not sure if this is the help you are looking for. maybe someone else will come along and find some benefit and that is part of why i like forums.