What's your summer shred program?

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Just thought I'd start a discussion on what kinds of things people are doing to get cut up for the summer.

Personally, I'm following Stoppani's Shortcut to Shred program and enjoying. Doesn't have to be a whole program though, you can post one you made yourself or simply certain methods/techniques that are working for you.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Diet: Carb Nite Solution, training: Shockwave Protocols, might tweak exercise selection a little bit. Having fun mixing in Mountain Dog training by John Meadows.

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Diet: Carb Nite Solution, training: Shockwave Protocols, might tweak exercise selection a little bit. Having fun mixing in Mountain Dog training by John Meadows.
So in all honestly, I'm unfamiliar with all three methods mentioned. Did some research though to see what was up.

On the Carb Nite website it explained the benefits, and I think the hormonal aspect is very interesting, but couldn't find an outline of the regimen. Could you break it down or send me a link to point me in the right direction?

Kind of the same deal with shockwave see the sight but not actually how it works or what you do.

The mountain dog site looks pretty interesting.

Thanks for sharing bro good luck cutting up this summer!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Calorie deficiency, carb cycling

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FTP (fasted training + AP + ModernBCAA)
Cube Method
LOTS of sled dragging. Maybe join an local football league? Swimming.
Versa-1 + Uncut + OEP powder

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So in all honestly, I'm unfamiliar with all three methods mentioned. Did some research though to see what was up.

On the Carb Nite website it explained the benefits, and I think the hormonal aspect is very interesting, but couldn't find an outline of the regimen. Could you break it down or send me a link to point me in the right direction?

Kind of the same deal with shockwave see the sight but not actually how it works or what you do.

The mountain dog site looks pretty interesting.

Thanks for sharing bro good luck cutting up this summer!
Carb Nite is ultra low carb(>30g a day), protein grams in bw, and fat at half bodyweight and up. Then once a week a huge carb up over 6-8 hour period. That is the very basic rundown which doesn't do it justice. It would be best to buy the book which is either $20 ebook or $21 plus shipping and handling on amazon. Just finished reading it and it is really well put together.

With shockwave I think they have an apple app. Also I think he has an older article revised on his site now.

John Meadows has some awesome workouts. Just been following the workout articles he has written on tnation. I would say his leg routine has helped me make a lot of progress.

Thanks appreciate it.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Carb Nite is ultra low carb(>30g a day), protein grams in bw, and fat at half bodyweight and up. Then once a week a huge carb up over 6-8 hour period. That is the very basic rundown which doesn't do it justice. It would be best to buy the book which is either $20 ebook or $21 plus shipping and handling on amazon. Just finished reading it and it is really well put together.

With shockwave I think they have an apple app. Also I think he has an older article revised on his site now.

John Meadows has some awesome workouts. Just been following the workout articles he has written on tnation. I would say his leg routine has helped me make a lot of progress.

Thanks appreciate it.
How long have you been doing the carb nite diet?

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Fasted training
5/3/1 with Periodization Bible for accessory lifts with a few more added in
Couple hours of hockey a week
Various supps depending on how it goes but for right now I am using Finaflex PX Black, Creatrona and ALC CLA

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long have you been doing the carb nite diet?
I actually haven't started it yet. Probably going to start it soon. Still doing Carb Back Loading now. Finishing up some food I have before I transition. Plus I am not thrilled about the idea of having to dial back my volume. I know I will have to though. Still need to figure out how I will plan everything out. Especially when it comes to training days. Certain days will be more ideal.

Right now I am thinking I will have my Carb Nite on Sunday doing shoulders/arms, legs will be on Monday when my glycogen stores are full, Wednesday do chest, Thursday/Friday back. Still not exactly sure yet.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
5x5, HIIT 4x week, low carb loose paleo diet with high carb sundays. Also Low intensity cardio 3 days a week.

Yeah pretty basic.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Carb Nite is tomorrow!!! I love it. The author Kiefer has become my new favorite. I lost a lot of fat from reading Protein Power (Drs.Eades) But Kiefer explains that low carb too long has detrimental effects, which I also experienced and couldn't figure out why I was plateauing.

swim15

Awards
500mg test, 350mg tren ace, T3, a hard diet, and alternating LISS/HIIT cardio...then maybe insulin, T3, test, tren, superdrol, and 500-750cals over maintenance for a lean bulk

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
currently a kinda carb cycle
300g High Day with low fat (<15% cal)
~100g Low Day moderate fat (25%)
~100g Low Day moderate fat (25%)
80g all veggie sources only (fat 25-30%)
Repeat

split:
first workout......second workout of the day (if i dont have time for 2 then i add the cardio to the first)
1. legs 15min bike.. 15min stairs 15min bike
2. Chest tri abs... 20min stairs 15 min bike
3. Back calves... 30min stairs 10min bike
4. sho bi 15 bike.....15 min stairs 15 min bike
5. calves traps abs 15min bike ......35 stairs

training rotation changes by a day here and there to ensure that legs, chest, OR back day is on a High carb day

high carb day 2800cal
low carb days 2200cal
no starchy carb day 2000cal

protein kept around 250-300g (lower end on high carb day, higher end every other day)

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Genetics + dominance training = shredded year round

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards

Thanks appreciate it.
Very interesting might have to hit some of that stuff up. Especially since I'll need a new program here in 2 weeks when I finish up shortcut to shred. Forgot to add that I've been experimenting with Intermittent Fasting the past couple of weeks as well.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
What does your carb cycling regimen entail? I've been going low carb all week with one high carb day.
Carbs at night when cortisol is lowest. High glycemic and simple carbs. You want a high insulin spike and crash, not prolonged high insulin from complex carbs.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Carbs at night when cortisol is lowest. High glycemic and simple carbs. You want a high insulin spike and crash, not prolonged high insulin from complex carbs.
are u backloading

PROness

Awards
Wow I see a lot of over-analyzing here. So I'll expand upon ZiR RED's post:

Eat a lot and eat no carbs + lift heavy ass weight= losing fat + (lift heavy ass weight)²

Or... if I'm really in a fat loss mood I will add a BCA stack and some HIIT and reduce (lift heavy ass weight)²

It's so simple... yet so hard to some.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Wow I see a lot of over-analyzing here. So I'll expand upon ZiR RED's post:

Eat a lot and eat no carbs + lift heavy ass weight= losing fat + (lift heavy ass weight)²

Or... if I'm really in a fat loss mood I will add a BCA stack and some HIIT and reduce (lift heavy ass weight)²

It's so simple... yet so hard to some.
wats bca?