Mass Machine (Skip Lacour)

TexasGuy

Awards
Hello,

I've appreciated the discussion in my GVT thread and hope for some insight here, too.

I traditionally lift heavy and favor frequency over volume, GVT was a brief change up for me.

I've read through this routine and it looks awesome. As I understand it, you follow each mini routine in succession and the whole plan takes something like 2 years to complete.

This is quite a commitment so I'm hoping to hear personal stories from anyone, especially if you've seen the whole thing through.

Links later, not convenient on device.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Can't really comment on something that I don't know about, or have nothing to evaluate.

TexasGuy

Awards
Yeah, sorry guys. I forgot I hadn't linked it. It takes 104 weeks total and is made up of mini routines. It seems to combine traditional BB style volume but with heavy weight vs. moderate or heavy/low volume/high frequency.

http://skiplacour.com/slc_mmt_home/

Moose45

Moose45

Awards
These look like Heavy Duty/Blood&Guts(Yates)routines. 1or2sets of 4-6 reps. Theoretically these will work to build strength/ size and maybe he has mapped out a plan to last that long without OT or Plateauing? I don't know anyone who has tried it!!!

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You will stagnate and/or accomodate very quickly doing the same exact routine for 6-8 weeks. 3-4 weeks appears to be the optimal time period for adaptation. There is also very little variation or progression in volume and intensity...its all 3-4 sets of 4-6 reps. Neglecting the higher rep ranges is a mistake if your goal is hypertrophy.

Jason Cholewa, Ph.D., CSCS

TexasGuy

Awards
Thanks guys, as a note, the first and last weeks of each mini routine call for 6-8 reps as opposed to 4-6 if that changes any analyses.