Compound shoulder exercise

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    Partly the look. And tight pecs and underactive middle traps/rhomboids. Shoulder blades pushed forward.

Jason Cholewa, Ph.D., CSCS
    hmmm, partly me too, but overall i don't have big front delts, average. my side delts are bigger and as for my rear delts.... woah almost lost em there! hehe.. pecs aint tight either (shoulder sometimes bothers my chest press strength) gotta work them middle traps.. thanks jason for the workouts!

2. Quote Originally Posted by iddc View Post
    hmmm, partly me too, but overall i don't have big front delts, average. my side delts are bigger and as for my rear delts.... woah almost lost em there! hehe.. pecs aint tight either (shoulder sometimes bothers my chest press strength) gotta work them middle traps.. thanks jason for the workouts!
    How do you know your pecs are not tight (the correct term would actually be short).

Try lying on your back. Now, with your thumbs facing upwards bring your arms up over your head and lower them behind you, keeping your elbows close to your ears. Keep your elbows LOCKED. If you cannot put your hands on the floor easily then you have shortness in your pecs and/or lats.

•   

3. ohhh i thought it mean't how your chest looks.. haha.. just did it, easily.. really? some people can't do it?..

4. been doing benches correctly now! watched "so you think you can bench" series on youtube..
    also been doing the strengthening exercises for the shoulders/midtraps and i'm getting less bothered with my right shoulder impingement!

as i\m doing OHPs (which really is a great compound) when i lower the weight below my chin, and start to push it overhead my right shoulder clicks (but doesn't bother the lift). but if i keep it in-line or slightly above my chin everything is fine.

should i keep it above my chin and sacrifice form?

5. You might find this interesting as well iddc, how to warm up for the bench press:

http://jasoncholewa.com/2013/03/31/t...-press-warmup/

•   

6. bookmarked!

who would've know bodybuilding/weightlifting/strongman would be so taxing to the brain!
    most guys think we are just dumba**ess but really it requires alot of research and understanding. next you have to separate science from broscience.. then you've gotta apply what you've learned..

an educated bodybuilder is the one who builds the best bod.

i should have been reading along time ago!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best shoulder exercises for a beginner
    By \/\_FIERCE_/\/ in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-09-2013, 04:51 PM
  2. What's your favorite compound shoulder lift?
    By Joshua86 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 07:00 PM
  3. Widegrip Uproght Rows~ Best Side devlopment shoulder Exercise
    By John Smeton in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 09:17 AM
  4. Chest exercises that don't work shoulders?
    By The Doberman in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-04-2005, 12:40 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-03-2003, 06:32 PM