Feel like I have maxed my body size

gilmorecraig

gilmorecraig

Awards
Have changed my diet, do new workouts constantly, increased intensity, load on protein through food daily plus a shake, and I keep getting stronger but I can't gain weight and build size. It's pissing me off and suggestions would help immensely. And don't bother with offering steroids, I'm a natural builder.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Have changed my diet, do new workouts constantly, increased intensity, load on protein through food daily plus a shake, and I keep getting stronger but I can't gain weight and build size. It's pissing me off and suggestions would help immensely. And don't bother with offering steroids, I'm a natural builder.
Eat for the weight you want. Majority of times people think they eat enough but are. Way under.
If you want to weigh 200 lbs you gotta eat like your 200 lbs
Don't quote me but usually 20-22 cals per lb of bodyweight will be a decent bulk.
Also the more cardio youdo the more food you'll need

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
U won't gain weight eating just protein (hopefully u know that)

If u over train (Aka under recover) you won't grow or gain weight

If u do too much cardio, you will gain minimal weight.

Slowly add carbs and you will easily gain clean pounds, I added carbs back after being a low carber / carb cycler for years, and I gained 10 pounds comfortably and cleanly, actually lost BF over a 3 month period without ph or steroids..

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Quite possibly the scariest ad most awesome thing I've read

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lolllll great read! Definitely would get fat.. Would be nice tho...!

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I've heard of guys having to put down retard amounts of food to gain or even simply maintain weight. I saw what Dusty's first phase cutting diet looked like, and it was like 7-8k calories, lol.

RicFlair

Awards
Add a gallon of whole milk each day to whatever your diet is. You'll grow.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Quite possibly the scariest ad most awesome thing I've read
Well put!

That pizza sounded nasty. I get the point though. I dont see how he doesn't gain much fat.

Awesome article none the less.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well put!

That pizza sounded nasty. I get the point though. I dont see how he doesn't gain much fat.

Awesome article none the less.
I'm sure he did, but you also gotta understand that when powerlifters use the word lean they're using it in the lay/clinical sense (20% bf or sub), not in the bodybuilder sense (sub 14%).

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm sure he did, but you also gotta understand that when powerlifters use the word lean they're using it in the lay/clinical sense (20% bf or sub), not in the bodybuilder sense (sub 14%).
Thanks for the info bc I completely didn't think of it that way. Makes more sense now.

RicFlair

Awards
Exactly. All my mma/bj/crossfit/bodybuilder type friends say I'm fat. But when I'm in the office with lay people they all comment on how "jacked" I am. I do not have visible abs and do not really care. Rippetoe once said a six pack is useless on a skinny guy.

RicFlair

Awards
But also to eat his or her own. Some people just wanna be 150 lbs with abzzz

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
unless you're lactose intolerant then its like chemical warfare

RicFlair

Awards
Here's something I do: I work at a desk job so I will cook up 16 oz of steak and stir that into 4 cans of chunky soup. I put this in a giant tupperware and slowly work at it over the course of the workday. I call it my slop bucket.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Here's something I do: I work at a desk job so I will cook up 16 oz of steak and stir that into 4 cans of chunky soup. I put this in a giant tupperware and slowly work at it over the course of the workday. I call it my slop bucket.
I might have to try this..

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good idea, I always hate how the soups have little protein.