What should I do about my muscle imbalance?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cokeboyz View Post
    My posture is fine
    Like Rodja said, highly unlikely.

Front, side, rear, arms over head from side and rear, etc. etc.
    I can watch you move in different exercises and identify imbalances.

2. I just don't see how my posture could be so bad that its causing my one arm to lag so much that its getting smaller while my other arm is getting bigger. I feel like if my posture was that bad it would be obvious. I feel like there has to be something else
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Cokeboyz View Post
    I just don't see how my posture could be so bad that its causing my one arm to lag so much that its getting smaller while my other arm is getting bigger. I feel like if my posture was that bad it would be obvious. I feel like there has to be something else

Here is a drop of enlightenment with regards to posture, imbalance/impingement/denervation, and compromised performance

http://graycookmovement.com/?p=119

4. Everyone " most people" have bad posture and dont even notice, that is until someone tells them or they notice themselves and they consciously fix it. Sometimes its something little, sometimes its something real noticeable. I had to work on my posture too. I didnt stand up strait, I always had my neck leaned a little bit forward. Either way it can be from a number of different things. Back pressure or whatever. The point is theres always something to improve on. you just need to keep your mind open, pay attention to your body. make the little corrections you can. You'll figure it out. I would say try some different things. Instead of barbells use dumbells. that way you know your atleast the weight is split evenly. and then you will visably be able to see the difference in the way one arm lifts from the other. (have someone watch friend or foe) instead of just lifting your ass off try and figure out the way your body works. hope this helps

5. you ever seen "lady in the water?" lmfao its probably not as bad as you think dude
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cokeboyz View Post
    Well both my muscles flex the same. Im almost positive the problem is my form. I think when I'm doing barbell excersises my stronger side is doing all the work and with dumbbells I'm using the wrong muscles on my weaker side. I still have trouble targeting and hitting my weak side. Any advice on how to fix this?
    I've always had this problem I broke my left arm real bad about five years ago and it just became useless after that due to being casted for so long and somewhat limited mobility due to the plates and screws so when I started lifting it was bad so I found my Max weight that I could with my left arm only on whatever movement dumbbell curl tri extensions etc and I only did the same amount of weight for the same amount of reps with my right strong arm and added at most one extra set to my weak arm luv mostly just and extra forced Rep or two, and when I do dumbbell curls I always do the ISO ones on the inside of the thigh or on the incline bench to eliminate the delt from doing the work try that man hope it helps o and I like slowly curl up until I feel the left bicep working Good luck
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What should I do with my cycle?
    By reden in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 05:30 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 10:17 PM
  3. Cycle ends in 7 weeks what should i do for my pct?
    By jbradley1981 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2008, 05:50 PM
  4. what should I do with my old left over PH's?
    By GO_OUTSIDE! in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2006, 06:46 PM
  5. Micro-doses of PH's? My goals/what should I do?
    By Angular Air in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 02:48 AM