Weird chest pain, need some advice

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
ok so 2 days ago, i was on my couch and i did the arms out strentch that everyone does when they wake up. well anyways, i heard something pop or click in my chest, and it fukin hurt like crazy. anyways, i went and took a shower hoping it would feel better, and it did a little bit but it was definately still there. the next day, it was almost gone, and here comes the weird part. it was upper power day as im doing a phat routine, and the bench didnt hurt my chest at all. in fact, nothing did. but now today, it just started hurting again. more of an annoying hurt than anything. i think i pulled something but i really have no idea wtf is up. wouldnt it have hurt yesterday if i strained something inmy chest? it was lower power day today, so nothing at the gym set it off. it just started hurting after hunching over and doing some chem homework for a little bit.

sry if its the wrong section, couldnt think of somewhere else to put it

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
where is the pain located in your chest? along the sternum... the middle of the pec... towards the shoulder?

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
where is the pain located in your chest? along the sternum... the middle of the pec... towards the shoulder?
sternum. not the sternoclavicular joint, but a little bit below it. its also on the right side of th sternum, not dead center of it. pain does not radiate out to shoulder or anything, i can pin point it with my finger. if i press on it hard enough it starts to hurt, almost like its swollen, but its not (not that i can see at least)

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
I've had similar issues. It's called chostocondritis, and occurs when you damage the cartilage connecting your ribs to your sternum. NSAIDs and rest should take care of it but its really easy to aggravate it once you initially cause damage. Avoid full rom exercises like pec flys or dips or anything that places strain on rib cage for a couple weeks until it has time to heal. Even BB squats or lifts that require a lot of core stability can aggravate it.