Should I do less reps for deadlifting?

1. Should I do less reps for deadlifting?

I usually do 4*8 for all my excersises, but I noticed for deadlifts I usually get tired alot faster and Cant usually finish. My deadlift is still my highest lift but I just get tired way quicker and can't do as many reps with my work weight. Is this normal? Should I use a lower rep range for this excersise?

2. I never go above sets of 5 on deads. The stabilizers fatigue faster than the primary movers and increases chances of injury.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

3. Can you still build mass with a low amount of reps like that?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cokeboyz View Post
    Can you still build mass with a low amount of reps like that?
    Does a zebra have stripes?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

5. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

Hahaha!!
    •   

6. I do 2 sets of deadlifts 4-6 reps and this is one of the best decisions I've ever made. Anything higher than 2 sets of 6 give me very bad headaches despite trying different breathing techniques.

7. Sets of 3-5 is where it's at. Personally I've been running into trouble with my grip lately

8. Lol , the day I switched from sets of 5+ on deadlifts , to keeping it under 5 reps, and specially sets of 2-3 reps...My deadlift started going up and it started being a faster motion.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

9. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Lol , the day I switched from sets of 5+ on deadlifts , to keeping it under 5 reps, and specially sets of 2-3 reps...My deadlift started going up and it started being a faster motion.
    Imagine tryign to do 3 sets of 12...yeah thats why I do low reps with deads now. Plenty of nights I felt like passing out.

10. Doing sets of 12 on the deadlift makes zero sense. I can get behind doing one all-out set of 12, but not multiple sets.

I have always kept my deadlifts to sets of 4 or less. On DC I would do a set of 3-6 followed by an all out set aiming for 10, but I would only do those 2 sets, and most of my warmups after 405 would be with singles.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

11. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Doing sets of 12 on the deadlift makes zero sense. I can get behind doing one all-out set of 12, but not multiple sets.

I have always kept my deadlifts to sets of 4 or less. On DC I would do a set of 3-6 followed by an all out set aiming for 10, but I would only do those 2 sets, and most of my warmups after 405 would be with singles.
    Hey take it easy on me, I'm still learning lol. I had to learn things the hard way sometimes.

12. Agree with rep range of 3-5 go heavy it'll Deff be worth it..too much chance Of injury with the higher reps

13. I never go above 5 either. For that matter, I usually keep it to 5 reps or less for the majority of heavy compound movements, and do 8-12 for most isolation or accessory stuff.

14. Quote Originally Posted by boogyman
    I never go above 5 either. For that matter, I usually keep it to 5 reps or less for the majority of heavy compound movements, and do 8-12 for most isolation or accessory stuff.
    Same here. Best of both worlds IMO

15. Quote Originally Posted by boogyman View Post
    I never go above 5 either. For that matter, I usually keep it to 5 reps or less for the majority of heavy compound movements, and do 8-12 for most isolation or accessory stuff.
    That's like my workouts. Works well for me.

16. I do

10 (basically just warm up, form check), 5, 5, 3, 2

or

10, 5, 2, 2, 1
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html

17. Quote Originally Posted by Cokeboyz
    Can you still build mass with a low amount of reps like that?
    Look at the size of elite power lifters.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. too late for pct!? what should i do.
    By trapsy in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 05:43 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 11:36 AM
  3. What PCT should i do for a cycle with..?
    By finishfirst in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 09:24 AM
  4. Cycle ends in 7 weeks what should i do for my pct?
    By jbradley1981 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2008, 06:50 PM
  5. What do you rep your deadlifts?
    By thesinner in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 12:00 AM