4x8 - AnabolicMinds.com

4x8

Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

4x8

can somebody give me an example of a 4x8 routine? i have a buddy doing this and said this is the best gains he has seen (from this routine). i know its 4 sets by 8 reps but do you stay at the same weight 4 times or is it like the 5x5 principle? thanks
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.

I am pretty sure you just follow the 5x5 principles, but adjust the weights to allow for an 8 rep range.

The reasoning is a higher rep range is better for hypertophy, with lower being better for strength.

I was thinking of doing something similar in the winter if I decide to pull the trigger on a Andromass/Androbulk stack. For now staying with the 5x5.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by boogyman
    I am pretty sure you just follow the 5x5 principles, but adjust the weights to allow for an 8 rep range.

The reasoning is a higher rep range is better for hypertophy, with lower being better for strength.

I was thinking of doing something similar in the winter if I decide to pull the trigger on a Andromass/Androbulk stack. For now staying with the 5x5.
    Yes. But 4x 8 is still low reps. Not SUPER low. But 8-12 is considered hypertrophy. So personally i would do 4x10
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 4x8 vs 8x8
    By lemon in forum Bulking
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 02:23 AM