4x8

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
can somebody give me an example of a 4x8 routine? i have a buddy doing this and said this is the best gains he has seen (from this routine). i know its 4 sets by 8 reps but do you stay at the same weight 4 times or is it like the 5x5 principle? thanks

boogyman

Awards
I am pretty sure you just follow the 5x5 principles, but adjust the weights to allow for an 8 rep range.

The reasoning is a higher rep range is better for hypertophy, with lower being better for strength.

I was thinking of doing something similar in the winter if I decide to pull the trigger on a Andromass/Androbulk stack. For now staying with the 5x5.

grandroid828

Awards
I am pretty sure you just follow the 5x5 principles, but adjust the weights to allow for an 8 rep range.

The reasoning is a higher rep range is better for hypertophy, with lower being better for strength.

I was thinking of doing something similar in the winter if I decide to pull the trigger on a Andromass/Androbulk stack. For now staying with the 5x5.
Yes. But 4x 8 is still low reps. Not SUPER low. But 8-12 is considered hypertrophy. So personally i would do 4x10

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 9
Nutrition / Health 24