CAN SOME HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM

TNVOLFAN1978

Awards
MY LEFT ARM IS ALOT WEAKER THAN MY RIGHT ARM. I WOULD BE ABLE WORK HARDER IF IT WASNT FOR MY WEAK LEFT ARM. HOW CAN I CORRECT THIS. THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Do more single arm and dumbbell movements. Reason being is that each arm will be working separately

NYiron

NYiron

Awards
  • Established
Could be a few things causing the imbalance. Just a few questions to give us a better idea of whats going on and how we can help. Are you a lefty or a righty? How long have you been lifting? Have you tried to do any sort of corrective exercise on your own? Is there a noticeable difference in muscle size and shape between the two arms? What types of exercises are you experiencing the weakness in? Is there any pain associated with the exercises? Have you ever had any past spinal traumas (ie. pinched nerves, herniated disks, etc). Any insight you can provide will help.

TNVOLFAN1978

Awards
YES THERE IS A NOTICEABLE SIZE DIFFERENCE.ITS NOT DRAMATIC BUT YOU CAN SEE IT WHEN TRYING TO SEE IT. I HAVENT DONE ANYTHING TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM. I FIGURED ID DO A GOOD WEIGHT FOR MY WEAKER ARM AND IT WOULD LEAVE MY STRONGER ARM LACKING AND THE LEFT WOULD CATCH UP. IVE BEEN LIFTING ABOUT 2 MONTHS NOW AND ITS NOT GETTING ANY BETTER. I NOTICE IT ON BENCH WITH BB. ON ANY DB PRESSES. I HAVENT HAD ANY INJUSRIES AT ALL EVER TO CAUSE THE ISSUE. IM A RIGHTY .

NYiron

NYiron

Awards
  • Established
Your fine just keep lifting and it will even out. Be mindful of the imbalance and utilize some unilateral exercises from time to time. Always be sure to do the same on each side, there is no reason to over compensate with reps, sets or weight. Because your new to lifting prior to working out your non dominant arm had no reason to adapt and become stronger. Also it had lower motor unit innervation leading to less potential for fiber activation. Think of daily movements. Closing a door is a press, opening a door is row, lifting something over head a front raise, etc. Most often all of these movements are done with your dominant arm. For this reason it will become more developed with higher nerve innervation leading to the imbalance in strength, coordination, stability and musculature. Now that your training and overloading each side causing adaptation your lagging arm will catch up rather quickly. Stick with free weight movements because they will force your body to stabilize and recruit more muscle tissue, this will speed the adaptation process compared to machines. Most initial gains in strength and stability in most new lifters comes directly as a result of increased nerve innervation and not gains in actual muscle tissue. Your forcing your body to recruit more of what you already have to complete a task, lifting. Best of luck and hope this helps just keep at it it'll even out on its own.

Imskyhigh87

Banned
Awards
ok ya what these guys said and start your reps with your weaker arm for instance curling start with your left do however many and only do the same number for the right no more.