DC Training

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
Just read up about dc training like ALL last night lol, so im starting today and was just curious as to how many people here have been doing dc training and what kind of results they have gotten?

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
anyone at all..? just did my first dc workout bis, forearms quads hams and calves my legs are ****n dead lol!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Frank Reynolds did it for years...shoot him a PM he knows this thing better than anyone I've talked to here.

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
oh ok cool! appreciate it!

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
cant wait till i get back to the states only got a few days left here, then il actual be able to start logging EVERYTHING:) havent been this excited in a while haha

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I train DC or HIT mostly.

I love DC. if you're stalling, slow your negatives down a lot. I do 4-5 seconds

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
yeah today was my first workout and i loved concentrating on the negatives as much as i did and just exploding on the positives while keeping good form, felt great, after i finished bis and forearms my arms were fried lol

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
yeah today was my first workout and i loved concentrating on the negatives as much as i did and just exploding on the positives while keeping good form, felt great, after i finished bis and forearms my arms were fried lol
me too.

It doesn't take volume to grow

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently doing DC training with a couple of tweaks here and there, but it is the core of my workout. What kind of questions you have I guess?

As far as results, gotten a lot bigger and a lot faster than with any other one routine I have ever tried before. Also, in and out of the gym a lot quicker. Been able to bulk with EASE while I struggled on others, not to mention the accomplishment feeling once I'm done.

Have grown, since starting DC about a year ago, +- 15lbs of muscle.

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
yeah i think the hardest part for people to convince themselves to switch to dc training is the fact that most people are used to high volume training and they dont want to feel like what theyre doing isnt as good as say dc training haha.. but bla55 whats some of your favorite exercises as far as your routine goes? (the dc part)

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I just hopped in ricks log but didn't comment, but I'm super stoked how many people are getting into dc!

it seriously changed my whole mindset on training...I even hopped into fst-7 last summer for a while and came running back to DC.

I don't think it can be reiterated enough that you have to use your mind to put everything into that one set...and stretch of course

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I like the compounds, obviously.

But I do everything with free weights, basically no machines, all dumbbells, bars, etc, which is great because I am free to do it wherever, I'm not tied up to equipment.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Plus the information is just all over the place online. I like all my training information in one book that is well organized and thought out with scientific research backing it. DC training just doesn't fall into those guidelines. Its just not for me.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Plus the information is just all over the place online. I like all my training information in one book that is well organized and thought out with scientific research backing it. DC training just doesn't fall into those guidelines. Its just not for me.
yeah I found that frustrating at the beginning.

going balls out in the training has never left me feeling overtrained.

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
even if you go balls out every training day its really only 1 big set youre doing with each muscle and it gives you enough time to rest and recover before you work that muscle group again, may not be for everyone but i certainly like it:)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
even if you go balls out every training day its really only 1 big set youre doing with each muscle and it gives you enough time to rest and recover before you work that muscle group again, may not be for everyone but i certainly like it:)
Recovery is systemic.

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
like different for everyone?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
yes, cause people have different work capacities and different recovery abilities. plus there are different parts of the body that need recovery and some are overall (or systemic) or localized.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
systemic meaning taxing on the cns overall, not just the muscle group worked.

I understand what T bone is saying but I've never had a problem with recovery

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Never had a problem with recovery either. I think people make too much of "over training". The entire point of "cruising" is to prevent that, and it is individual so if you wanna "cruise" every 4-5 weeks so be it.

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
gotcha gotcha and yeah i as well never really have recovery problems..unless i dont touch legs for a few months lol

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
gotcha gotcha and yeah i as well never really have recovery problems..unless i dont touch legs for a few months lol
that widow maker kills the first time after a break from it

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
yeah lol, ive been working my legs regularly lately and when i did my first 1 the day before yesterday it still killed me lol

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think if I had a few things to say about DC is that to get the best results, strength and size-wise, is to start with light weight and performing high rep ranges.

You're pushing yourself 110% every session as it is, anyways, so you'll make progress even if you start light. If you start too heavy, you wont be able to squeeze the gains you would normally get out of the program.