need some exercises' replacements

luka5

Awards
Im considering switching to this routine: teenbodybuilding.com/andy3b2.htm but I have a minor problem.

I dont have equipment to do leg press and rack pulls. I wonder if hack squat machine instead of leg press would be good substitute and also what about rack pulls? are they really necessary? maybe its better to add another back exercise like pullups or bb rows instead?

Note: RM stands for repetitions maximum, so I start with a weight that I can do for about the designated number of reps and do as many as I can on each set.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Squats in place of leg press.

And you can always build blocks to place the weights on (and achieve desired height) in order to do rack pulls

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Squats in place of leg press.

And you can always build blocks to place the weights on (and achieve desired height) in order to do rack pulls

I was just about to suggest this.

luka5

Awards
LOL you didnt even check that routine form link I posted?

there are ALREADY squats and deads.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do either front squats or Bulgarian split squats in place of the leg press and either SLDL or good mornings in place of the leg curls. I'm not a fan of rack pulls at all and especially when done for sets of 15 as suggested in the template.

luka5

Awards
Do either front squats or Bulgarian split squats in place of the leg press and either SLDL or good mornings in place of the leg curls. I'm not a fan of rack pulls at all and especially when done for sets of 15 as suggested in the template.
so you suggest this

Monday: Legs/Abs

Squats - 2-3 warm-up sets of 10 reps

3 sets max reps with 8RM

1 set max reps with 20RM

Bulgarian split squats - 3 sets max reps with 10RM

1 set max reps with 20RM

SLDL - 1 warm-up set of 10

4 sets max reps with 10RM

Standing Calf Raise - 2 warm-up sets of 15

4 sets max reps with 15RM

Hanging Leg Raise/knee raise - 3 sets max reps

Crunches - 3 sets max reps

and on back day just skip rack pulls and dont bother?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't do that many sets of max reps or a set of 20 on compounds. Back raises are a decent sub for rack pulls.