I have a concern...

willc86

Awards
Lately I have been getting much tired at the gym and quickly also and not able to complete my work outs and I end up going home early. All my weights are going up and increasing reps/set but I never had this problem before where I got tired really fast

The weights dont seem heavier, its just by the 3rd or 4th exercise, I am low on energy and usually I am able to go on until fatigue per a muscle group

Is this normal?

Right now I am working out 2 body parts a week and this is exactly what I am doing

monday - 3 chest exercise 3 triceps
tuesday - 3/4 back work outs 2/3 biceps
wed - legs
thurs 2 chest 2 triceps
fri 3 back 2 biceps

sat and sun off

on each set I reach till I cant no more which is usually by the 7 or 8th rep

willc86

Awards
My diet is good.

1.) eggs with some form of complex or a simple carb like a cup or 2 cups of rice banana
2.) anabolic weight gainer shake 700 calories +
3.) 1 or 2 cups of brown rice with meat + a protein shake with fruit
4.) weight gainer
5.) carbs like pasta or rice/veggies with meat and a protein shake
6.) like a cheese burger or chicken pasta or beans and rice with meat

and no, I stopped using pre work out. I am not taking anything as of now; not even creatine.

willc86

Awards
I stopped taking it about a month ago and I was ok. It just started this week. I wasnt sure if maybe I was working out too hard or maybe my NO production is not maxed

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I stopped taking it about a month ago and I was ok. It just started this week. I wasnt sure if maybe I was working out too hard or maybe my NO production is not maxed
NO production has nothing to do with it. How long has this been happening? How long have you been doing your current routine?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Heh If I stopped my preworkouts cold turkey Id be tired as hell in the gym too

willc86

Awards
This probably started to happen maybe this week? as far as I can remember. and doing my workout, I think 2 weeks? training muscles groups twice a week.

I remember there was one time I got really tired for a week, but I think it was because I was getting sick.

I do not know if I am getting sick. I little sneezes or a little cough, but nothing to indicate I am getting sick?

Do you think it could be because I stopped my pre work out? I just get so tired and I just end up leaving home early. Like today, I did back and biceps. I did 3 back exercises, where one was super intense and I added weight, and the others not so bad, just pull ups till fatigue.

Then I went to biceps, and I only did 3 sets; but I was already so tired withing 20 to 30 mins in my workout I just left. And before, I would be able to stay at the gym for 2 hours if I could, but I knew that was bad so I dont do it lol.

Oh also, I decreased my rest period. Like I wait 30 seconds to a min for next set or exercise. not sure if that could be the problem

ScAR

ScAR

Awards
I have observed your basic diet plan and workout regimen and from what you wrote I doubt your diet or training is the issue. What is the average amount of sleep you are getting per night?

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
You might be fighting something - I just had 2 s**tty weeks in the gym this month. Followed by the mother of all colds! Took all of last week off to recover, back in the gym this week but my lifts are down. Hopefully my energy and strength will return next week. Make sure your diet is good (not just the macros, but vitamins and minerals, water etc) and you are getting enough sleep.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This probably started to happen maybe this week? as far as I can remember. and doing my workout, I think 2 weeks? training muscles groups twice a week.

I remember there was one time I got really tired for a week, but I think it was because I was getting sick.

I do not know if I am getting sick. I little sneezes or a little cough, but nothing to indicate I am getting sick?

Do you think it could be because I stopped my pre work out? I just get so tired and I just end up leaving home early. Like today, I did back and biceps. I did 3 back exercises, where one was super intense and I added weight, and the others not so bad, just pull ups till fatigue.

Then I went to biceps, and I only did 3 sets; but I was already so tired withing 20 to 30 mins in my workout I just left. And before, I would be able to stay at the gym for 2 hours if I could, but I knew that was bad so I dont do it lol.

Oh also, I decreased my rest period. Like I wait 30 seconds to a min for next set or exercise. not sure if that could be the problem
It's a new workout and you're adapting. Stop overanalyzing every minute aspect. It's wasted time.

willc86

Awards
It's a new workout and you're adapting. Stop overanalyzing every minute aspect. It's wasted time.

so I am ok? It is normal that I get really tired quickly and will go away when my body adapts?

and for the other reply....believe it or not, sleeps been an issue and I dont know why. i wake all the time in the middle of the night a few times.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so I am ok? It is normal that I get really tired quickly and will go away when my body adapts?

and for the other reply....believe it or not, sleeps been an issue and I dont know why. i wake all the time in the middle of the night a few times.
For the most part, yes. You're probably in an overreaching phase currently and should be good in a couple of weeks. Not every session is going to be your best one and learning to accept that is critical. There are going to be days when you just don't have it in you.

willc86

Awards
For the most part, yes. You're probably in an overreaching phase currently and should be good in a couple of weeks. Not every session is going to be your best one and learning to accept that is critical. There are going to be days when you just don't have it in you.
yeah I had a sense that I was over reaching maybe. So what should I do as advice? just keep doing what I am doing? or light for a week?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been having the same issue. Today it came to a head though and I had to leave the gym early. For me it is happening only on Friday and Saturday which are my last two days of my workout week. I'll probably just take tomorrow off and next week. Crap like this happens sometimes. It could be anything, maybe even a cold coming on. No sense in trying to over-analyze it. No one knows your body better than you, so asking questions of other people that don't know you won't help much. It may help a little but really you are the only one that can help yourself. Listen to your body. I know I have a hard time listening to my body also. Today was so bad, my body kept screaming at me that it needed rest but I just keep pushing it. Finally I just had to pack it in and leave the gym.

willc86

Awards
lol i guess its part of learning my body ha ha. thanks guys. i will probably keep going with normal routine and see what happens