Arms won't grow...everything else will

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by BigVida View Post
    Your elbows look like theyre swinging a bit, and like your arms go lopsided when u start repping. Imo is say go on a cut man, what's your bodyfat at
    I have no idea lol. I've lost fat since than still have a gut though. I'll upload another video soon my form has increases since then. I have slight scoliosis so that might be why I look alittle lopsided.

2. Yea that'd make sense bud. Doesn't look horribly wrong but ya still need a lil tweaking. What supps have u been using ?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by BigVida View Post
    Yea that'd make sense bud. Doesn't look horribly wrong but ya still need a lil tweaking. What supps have u been using ?
    multivitamin, fish oil, vitamin D, whey thats it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by BigVida
    Your elbows look like theyre swinging a bit, and like your arms go lopsided when u start repping. Imo is say go on a cut man, what's your bodyfat at
    Agreed, you need to keep your core tight so your arms do all the work. Also i think a cut would be a good move. Good luck and keep updating to show results!

5. I've had the problem of cheating sometimes when doing standing barbell curls so I went to a preacher bench and I remove the seat and curl the barbell on the flat side of the preacher bench not on the angle. I wouldn't consider them a preacher curl. Just a way to help keep proper form web performing a barbell curl with perfect isolation.. Any1 ever tried it? I believe they are also called Spider Curls if you would like to google the image.

6. Quote Originally Posted by VS91588 View Post
    I've had the problem of cheating sometimes when doing standing barbell curls so I went to a preacher bench and I remove the seat and curl the barbell on the flat side of the preacher bench not on the angle. I wouldn't consider them a preacher curl. Just a way to help keep proper form web performing a barbell curl with perfect isolation.. Any1 ever tried it? I believe they are also called Spider Curls if you would like to google the image.
    Tried spider curls and they feel awkward. I did curls 2 days ago, but I might do like 2 reps with curls and post a vid up. Form has improved since video, atleast I think so.

7. How bad is it anyway? I've noticed that the ez bar like when I bring it up no matter how tight I have the bar it like rotates on the way up and it doesn't matter what the weight is. Idk how bad this would effect my form or my progression.

8. How bad is it anyway? I've noticed that the ez bar like when I bring it up no matter how tight I have the bar it like rotates on the way up and it doesn't matter what the weight is. Idk how bad this would effect my form or my progression.

9. Another nice isolation exercise for barbell curls which will help you stop cheating and keep full emphasis on the biceps is by laying on an incline bench with both feet planted on the floor. Curl the barbell of your choice (straight or ez-curl) while not taking your torso off the bench. The incline does not need to be very low; I prefere it on a high incline so I feel more upright but still allows me to lay on the bench. I love doing isolation exercises like these because I am all about growing and not about getting injured in my joints and tendons. And when it comes to bicep exercises I am more worried about tendons. When I was younger I thought that going heavy was the most important thing to do and it really isn't an I payed for it with injuries here and there. I learned alot over the years and one thing I learned is to go heavy to a point where you still don't lose your form because if you get hurt than you can't lift; can't lift than you can't stay swole!!!

10. Quote Originally Posted by VS91588 View Post
    Another nice isolation exercise for barbell curls which will help you stop cheating and keep full emphasis on the biceps is by laying on an incline bench with both feet planted on the floor. Curl the barbell of your choice (straight or ez-curl) while not taking your torso off the bench. The incline does not need to be very low; I prefere it on a high incline so I feel more upright but still allows me to lay on the bench. I love doing isolation exercises like these because I am all about growing and not about getting injured in my joints and tendons. And when it comes to bicep exercises I am more worried about tendons. When I was younger I thought that going heavy was the most important thing to do and it really isn't an I payed for it with injuries here and there. I learned alot over the years and one thing I learned is to go heavy to a point where you still don't lose your form because if you get hurt than you can't lift; can't lift than you can't stay swole!!!
    Ok this is what my arm day looks like.
    1 set pullups to failure
    1 set chinups to failure
    1 set neutral grip pullups to failure
    3 sets 8-12 close grip bench
    3 sets 8-12 reps sets close grip ez bar curl
    lying behind the head extensions 3 sets 8-12 reps
    high incline dumbbell curls 2 sets 8-12 reps
    high incline hammer curls 2 sets 8-12
    I do pullups and chinups early in the day and than do the other exercises at night.
    •   

11. Don't move your wrists when you curl, if you start cutting em upward with the ez bar the weight usually readjusts and the two become near worthless. Is say do straight bar with a little bit wide grab, then u ain't have that problem

12. Quote Originally Posted by VS91588
    I've had the problem of cheating sometimes when doing standing barbell curls so I went to a preacher bench and I remove the seat and curl the barbell on the flat side of the preacher bench not on the angle. I wouldn't consider them a preacher curl. Just a way to help keep proper form web performing a barbell curl with perfect isolation.. Any1 ever tried it? I believe they are also called Spider Curls if you would like to google the image.
    Yes work good. Called spider curls, nothing new.

13. Quote Originally Posted by BigVida View Post
    Don't move your wrists when you curl, if you start cutting em upward with the ez bar the weight usually readjusts and the two become near worthless. Is say do straight bar with a little bit wide grab, then u ain't have that problem
    I wear wrist wraps when I curl with the bar. A little scared to curl with the flat bar since I've had wrist issues in the past.

14. I just responded to ur PM. But also, the form doesn't look to bad on the video. Always grip the bar as tightly as u can, that will help keep u from moving ur wrists and having wrist issues IMO. I personally would get rid of the wrist wraps and start strengthening ur wrist. I would never recommend neglecting the straight bar.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 08:22 AM
  2. Arms wont grow
    By Brolic in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 02:07 PM
  3. How the heck do I get my ARMS to grow?!
    By Irish Cannon in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 09:21 AM
  4. What I have to eat to grow
    By mab904 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-16-2006, 12:35 AM
  5. Grow Legs, GROW!!!
    By Cuffs in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 09:56 AM