Front of biceps

cg123

Awards
What excercises make your arms look thicker and bigger from the front? Thanks

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
thicker bigger arms make your arms look bigger and thicker. i am going to assume you are referring to the upper arm, which is 2/3 tricep. dont neglect the biceps, but focus more on the triceps.

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Straight barbell curls, don't mess with that EZ Curl bs. Get down on some of them, don't know your stats so off a standard start off at 3 x 8-12 and do some skull crushers *ez bar is fine* same 3 x 8-12.

The 8-12 rep range is for functional muscle hypertrophy, if you don't really care about functional muscle and wanna just appear bigger try out 12-15 reps

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Straight barbell curls, don't mess with that EZ Curl bs. Get down on some of them, don't know your stats so off a standard start off at 3 x 8-12 and do some skull crushers *ez bar is fine* same 3 x 8-12.

The 8-12 rep range is for functional muscle hypertrophy, if you don't really care about functional muscle and wanna just appear bigger try out 12-15 reps
you're telling him to get a pump... Lol

Either way the old saying is BIs for the eyes and TRIs for size :)

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
you're telling him to get a pump... Lol

Either way the old saying is BIs for the eyes and TRIs for size :)

I forgot where I had read it, but it was broken down from strength, functional strength, funtional hypertrophy, hypertrophy, and endurance

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I forgot where I had read it, but it was broken down from strength, functional strength, funtional hypertrophy, hypertrophy, and endurance
In the reading what did it say that actually grows the muscle? I like a pump yeah, but I'd rather grow over a pump.

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
In the reading what did it say that actually grows the muscle? I like a pump yeah, but I'd rather grow over a pump.
I also forgot to mention, by read I meant looked at the chart and none of the other information on the site XD

cg123

Awards
So ur saying if u get a good pump from a bi tri workout your not going to grow? I would like to see something to support that

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
So ur saying if u get a good pump from a bi tri workout your not going to grow? I would like to see something to support that
Heavy induces growth as well, and u can also achieve a pump.

compudog

compudog

Awards
What excercises make your arms look thicker and bigger from the front? Thanks
What will make your body grow is subjecting it to stress it can barely handle, then stress it *can't* handle. Your muscles will respond by getting bigger, so the next time you'll be able to handle the stress better. That's adaptation.

In order to produce stress on your body that's at or near your maximum ability, you need to lift heavy weights. By heavy I don't mean only as heavy as you can handle for a given movement, I mean as heavy a weight as you can move through space. This requirement rules out certain movements, because the movement itself limits the amount of weight you can use. Curls are a perfect example. I can't curl a 100 lb dumbbell, and I don't know anyone who can, but I can do a row with a 100 lb dumbbell, and I might even be able to press one if I tried.

Now, consider that it's the same arm that does a 55 lb curl as a 100 lb row. The exact same bicep muscle is being worked in both cases. So which movement do *you* think is going to cause the most growth?

So to answer your question, what will make your biceps bigger is compound pulling motions (dumbbell/barbell/machine rows & pullups/pulldowns) with as heavy a weight as you handle. Curls won't do much, because the amount of weight a person can use is really small.

MusclestoGo

MusclestoGo

Awards
Wide grip curls will work your inner bicep, narrow grip will work your outer bicep which will give you the thickness… then hammers work the peak of the muscle making it grow outward

TaurGuy

Awards
So stay away from the EZ bar for bar curls?? I've been having a hell of a time betting my bi's to grow and the EZ bar has been my go to tool for bar curls. could this be a part to why they dont grow??

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Wide grip chin ups and dips.

supraseed48

supraseed48

Awards
So stay away from the EZ bar for bar curls?? I've been having a hell of a time betting my bi's to grow and the EZ bar has been my go to tool for bar curls. could this be a part to why they dont grow??
That depends.. If ur putting only 50 lbs on it that could be a problem. U put 130(or whatever is heavy to you) on it it ceases to become a ez curl and becomes a pretty good excercise. If u can do that w/o swinging ur back and put all the tension on the bicep. I will swing my back @ the end of a set to get it up beyond failure to focus on the negative. Getting some controlled negative work in and Id guarantee u start seeing some bicep growth, don't matter what bar u use. Use poundage that keeps you in the 8-10 rep range. I stress that along with caloric intake(body weight key to big arms). Working the tri's like others are saying is also key(2 tri excercise to every bi 1). Nutin wrong with the ez bar if ur puttin some # on it.....

ScAR

ScAR

Awards
I suggest using a wide grip barbell for barbell curls if your gym has one. I have had substantial success with starting my bicep workout with a light warm-up of 21's to get the blood flowing into the BIceps. Following the warm up I will grab one of the thicker than Olympic barbells(unfortunately not all gyms posses these) and pump out some quality reps squeezing the life out of the barbell. To get the best results make sure you are not swinging the weight and you are adhering to proper form, remember this bar is a little heavier than a standard barbell so you will have to add less weight then you are used to. Aim for 6-10 reps and maybe 4 reps on the last set focusing on the negative. Try this out, you will not be disappointed .